• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 tenzn

tenzn

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:03 AM

Hello we were trying megaera heroic 25 with my guild last night and all the timers of the torrent of ice were incorrect + it was not announcing who got the ice so we could move away . The only thing we saw was a skull and when we saw that it was too late . could u please check it

#2 Tandanu

Tandanu

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:11 AM

Did this affect everyone in the raid or just you? Did you use the latest version of DBM? Did DBM detect the pull for the fight were the warnings failed?

The code looks fine, the warning is shown before the icon is set. The warning is, of course, only visible to you while the icon is visible to everyone. So probably someone else set the icon and something failed with your mod.

#3 tenzn

tenzn

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:47 PM

i had downloaded before my raid the latest dbm and it did not show to me the warning when i had the torrent of ice neither did announce who gets it in the raid . it work sometimes on some people but not always + the timers were at least 5 seconds off the actual beam.

#4 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 964 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:22 PM

It's possible i broke torrent of ice trying to cpu optimize it away from UNIT_AURA. the problem is that this has a broken combat log event that blizzard refuses to fix, so it's requiring mods to waste cpu to work around it. I'm trying to optimize the methods used as much as possible since it's clear blizzard is never going to fix the missing CLEU event. Unfortunately the latest method never got any testing. however, it was more or less a straight copy and paste from another mod that employs same method for same bug (durumu doesn't have combat log events for beam jumps). i thought for sure it'd work. I made a slight alternation to alpha just now which may fix it but I still can't really test it until wed at earliest.

as for timers, those were never changed and have always been inaccurate. the problem is the timer changes based on order you kill heads in. I'm probably just going to disable the timers again since the number of possible variations is so huge that we'd never figure out the timing for anything except for the most common heroic 10 and 25 strats. Although I'd rather not hard code working timers that only work if you follow the cookie cutter strat for kill that'd be wrong for all other methods of doing the fight.
EDIT, i've decided to once again remove the timers for cinders, torrent of ice and nether tear. they are just not accurate enough or useful once there are more than 1 those specific heads in back. (not only do timers shorten when more heads are in back, they are also affected by what other types of heads they are with in back, two fire and 1 ice in back will have different fire timers than 2 fire and 1 arcane in back, so the combination of possible variation on timers is ridiculous and just too hard to figure out without finding some group who's excited about pulling the boss 30 times with 30 different strats to log all the possible timings on the combinations)

#5 Fennalie

Fennalie

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

Hi I have the same problems with our Mageara 10 HC tries as well. The thing is I have 5.3.2 and for some other raiders that has earlier versions of DBM their torrent of ice yell emote works just fine. There is no problem with cinder yell emotes but somehow torrent of ice doesn't work. When Torrent of Ice is on me there is no emote or warning sound but warning sound goes off if I am near someone else's. I have all the warnings and such ticked in DBM nothing is turned off for that boss or in options (double checked a few times because dying to torrent of ice everytime was very annoying).

I have yet to test if it works on normal but if I remember correctly my friend said his works fine on normal (he has the earlier version at this time). I'm not sure if this is any help at all but would be great if there is a fix.

PS: Also when there is Torrent of Ice on me for example there is no chat message in chat windows like it normally does (usually in yellow text). After the raid my friend's raid boss mod's check showed that I didn't have DBM installed which was untrue. I have reinstalled DBM but have not yet tested it in a proper raid. Hope this information helps.

#6 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 964 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:39 PM

do you see ANY warnings though? do you seem dbm even announce "torrent of ice on playername" at all?
if you are getting the near warning then it doesn't make much sense why player warning isn't working. do you have a difficult playername by chance? funny characters or anything? if it'd doing what you say, it seems it's having an issue detecting player name but otherwise warning is working

the yellow text in chat frame is blizzard raid boss emote whisper, if that's missing then that is very odd but actually outside dbm.

#7 Tandanu

Tandanu

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:24 PM

Doh.
Deadly Boss Mods (Main): revision 9766

#8 Fennalie

Fennalie

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:54 PM

do you see ANY warnings though? do you seem dbm even announce "torrent of ice on playername" at all?
if you are getting the near warning then it doesn't make much sense why player warning isn't working. do you have a difficult playername by chance? funny characters or anything? if it'd doing what you say, it seems it's having an issue detecting player name but otherwise warning is working

the yellow text in chat frame is blizzard raid boss emote whisper, if that's missing then that is very odd but actually outside dbm.

I don't see any warnings when it comes to torrent of ice but cinders works. I don't see dbm announce torrent of ice on playername at all also. My Character's name is Thihiihii with no funny symbols. This was before I reinstalled DBM so may be my patch was buggy I'm not sure. Some other raiders in our group has the same problem but their warning sound is working.

#9 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 964 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:27 PM

Right, the problem was identified and fixed in 9766+. you'll just need to update to an alpha release until next regular release

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users