• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bestbetman

bestbetman

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:16 PM

on the first part of the iron qon fight you need to have groups take the unleashed flame. my guild is having an issue with people communicating when they have 2 stacks of scorched and when it has fallen off to take the unleashed flame agen. my idea is have dbm count the number of cast and announce group 1, group 2, and group 3 on every 2 casts so we don't have people staring at there debuffs all the time and get smacked by a spear. or at the very least number the casts so we can assign the numbers to the groups.

#2 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 774 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:03 AM

there are too many ways it's done that it'd be a lot of work for something simple. most use 2 groups, some with higher dps use a solo group and raid cds, others use 3 groups. what the appropriate count number would be differs in all strats. a 1 group strat doesn't care. a 2 group strat (most common) just goes up to 3 stacks back and forth. the 2 group strat is no brainer cause the instant group 2 reaches 3rd stack, group 1 just dropped their stacks, that's now perfectly timing works out.

The main issue is code wise this would be very ugly. like a lot of crap this tier, the cast for this does NOT show in combat log, so we have to detect it using SPELL_DAMAGE. I'd also have to add a drop down in the mod for users to configure how the count will work based on which of 3 strats they use for soaking. dropdown options are ugly too. It's just a lot of work for something that really should just be monitored on raid frames. have them add the debuff to grid (or whatever they use) they'll see when other groups debuffs drop right away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users