• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Oferi

Oferi

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:36 AM

The DBM WotLK mod is loading Onyxia's Lair mods on entering Dustwallow Marsh areas and not when I am entering the instance. I haven't come across any other instance mod loading like this.

#2 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 1083 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:39 PM

this was changed intentionally. the problem with onyxia's lair is mapbased loading doesn't work right in raid itself. so for longest time we left zone text loading compatibility in core for this single zone in ALL of the other mods we support. However, this compatibility code was so hacky and ugly that I decided it was time to remove it. as such i had to modify onyxia mod to load in Dustwallow marsh since i can't load it in raid zone itself. a small price to pay for the micro optimizing in core to reduce hacks and cpu usage.

I did experiment with fixing it with ZONE_CHANGED and ZONE_CHANGED_INDOORS events and found those work arounds were a lot of cpu, even more than the original hack was. Onyxia mod is a very small mod (single boss) so it loading out of place doesn't hurt much, not compared to making it load in right place was hurting things.

#3 Oferi

Oferi

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:56 AM

Ah ok, thanks for the explaination. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users