• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DrGjerdesmett

DrGjerdesmett

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:26 PM

I have a few suggestions that I would love to see implemented into DBM as a long time BigWigs user.

1. I often find the sort order of the timer bars a little bit confusing for both the small and the huge bar anchors. They are not always sorted strictly by time remaining when new bars are added and in the heat for the battle I prefer to only glance at the top bar to see what ability to expect next. Therefore, I would love an option to have both anchors sorted strictly by time remaining (also when new bars are added).

2. I would like an option to set a time (like 10 seconds) when the timer bar is moved from the small bar anchor to the huge bar anchor (as an alternative to how it works today).

Thank you very much for a great addon.

#2 Tandanu

Tandanu

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:47 PM

I had #1 partially implemented back in WotLK with the new timer system. However, it was somewhat confusing with timers always moving around. I might bring it back as an option, but without annoying animations. The old, unfinished implementation moved the bars apart to make space and displayed the new one which was annoying...

There is actually a setting for #2, just no UI to configure it.

I'll see what I can do about that.

#3 Tandanu

Tandanu

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:52 PM

For #2:

You can run the following commands to change this setting:

/run DBM.Bars:SetOption("EnlargeBarsTime", x)
(replace x with a value in seconds) (default: 8)

/run DBM.Bars:SetOption("EnlargeBarsPercent", x)
(replace x with a value between 0 and 1) (default: 0.125)

A bar will be enlarged/moved when one of these conditions is met. So the default setting is that a bar is moved once there are 8 seconds left or 12.5% left, this means that all timers that are shorter than 64 seconds are moved when there are 8 seconds left. All longer timers will be moved when there is only 12.5% left.

The reasoning behind this is that you want an earlier warning for longer running timers. A notification that a 10 minute timer like Enrage/Berserk is due in 8 seconds isn't as useful as a remainder that you have about a minute left.

2. I would like an option to set a time (like 10 seconds) when the timer bar is moved from the small bar anchor to the huge bar anchor (as an alternative to how it works today).

Run these two commands to get this behaviour:
/run DBM.Bars:SetOption("EnlargeBarsTime", 10)
/run DBM.Bars:SetOption("EnlargeBarsPercent", 0)

#4 DrGjerdesmett

DrGjerdesmett

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:31 PM

Thank you so much for that incredibly fast response!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users