• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Wrathblood

Wrathblood

Don Flamenco

• • Guide Author
  • 351 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:29 PM

The amazing yet modest Theck has taken over development of Simcraft's Prot Paladin module and is working with it to produce defensive/survival metrics in addition to DPS. Which absolutely rocks, in my opinion.

Here is the link to Simcraft's home site: https://code.google....imulationcraft/

Theck drops by periodically and has graciously stated he's interested in discussing its development with folks. While there is likely to be significant overlap with the Prot Paladin theorycrafting thread, keeping the simcraft specific points in this thread will likely make the discussion cleaner and less confusing. If there is sufficient overlap, or this ends up being confusing after all, we can merge the threads or do something else. We'll see what the future brings.

Theck, let me know if there's anything I can do.

#2 Theck

Theck

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:50 PM

I think the most important thing is to have multiple people using the software and scrutinizing the results so that we can find and eliminate any bugs. SimC version 530-4 was just released yesterday, and it should contain complete support for 5.3 prot paladin mechanics.

<edit> I should clarify: offensive support. Smoothing/defensive metrics aren't implemented yet.

#3 Caltiom

Caltiom

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:32 AM

The main hurdle against simulating your tank right now is setting up healing. You can simulate without it, but you'll very quickly have no HP left, which can easily screw up results because of low HP effects ( A problem at least for Brewmasters with Expel Harm ).
The simplest way for now is to add a heal raid event, like so:
raid_events+=/heal,amount=200000,period=2
We'll also try to make it easier to set up healing priests to heal you. For now that is a bit too tricky to document here.

The ultimate goal is to provide the smoothed metrics Theck desires - eg. weighted percentiles of the moving average of the health_change timeline. For now, you can already check out a lot of general data in the html report, and do scale factors or plots over some of the more simple metrics, like dps, dtps, deaths. Default for tanks is dtps. See StatsScaling - simulationcraft - TCI reference: stats scaling - World of Warcraft DPS Simulator - Google Project Hosting
scale_over=dps

#4 Charybdis

Charybdis

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:15 PM

Would it be possible to implement a way to ignore the character's minimum health instead of requiring some arbitrary number for healing? This would allow simulating higher DTPS and not have to adjust any numbers, although I suppose just having it do the heal for 1 mil every couple seconds could accomplish the same thing since the sim does differentiate between the character's own healing and damage negation versus other sources.

#5 Theck

Theck

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:11 PM

The sim already ignores tank health for the most part. It just lets your HP go negative and keeps on trucking. But that means that conditionals that depend on tank health act funny. For example, if you use:

actions+=/guardian_of_ancient_kings,if=health.pct<=30

It will wait until you drop below 30% health to cast it the first time, and will then cast it on cooldown every 180 seconds (because your health is always < 30% from that point on).

Another alternative to the raid-wide aoe heal event is to just add some healers to the sim:
###Healer
Priest_Holy_T14H.simc scale_player=0 target=Theck
Priest_Disc_T14H.simc scale_player=0 target=Theck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users