3 replies to this topic

#1 Hinalover

Hinalover

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 305 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:03 AM

Ok, correcting my suggestion since the official thread for Ra-den explained about the update. But would there be a way to "edit" the sensitivity grouping that can be linked with everyone? I'm not sure off hand if the ordering of the group will be linked with everyone. If not would it be best to have a specified ordering (by group number maybe).

The reasoning for the suggestion is that there is a mod for Big Wigs that allows you to order the Vita Sensitive frame.

BigWigs_Ra-denAssist - Boss Encounters - World of Warcraft Addons - Curse

Not sure if that helps or not.

#2 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 945 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:05 PM

The info frame now sorts players by group. so if you want to set a soak order, simply sort your raid in that soak order. dbm does the rest. even added special warning just now that warns when you're next soaker. so basically, yes dbm now has all the automation you need now.

1. Sort raid groups by soak order. (ie soaker 1 is person 1 in group 1. soaker 2 is person 2 in group 1, etc)
2. Make sure everyone has Infoframe ENABLED (or it won't work). it's on by default
3. Make sure everyone has the special warning that warns when next (also on by default).
4. If you want icons set on the furthest player away, this has to be turned on as it is OFF by default since not everyone likes raid marks used this way.

that's all there is to it really.
this also requires everyone to use latest alpha that just added these changes. the great thing about it is there is almost no configuration, simply sort raid group and it'll just work. no syncing, no requiring everyone to download an additional plugin or anything

#3 Tandanu

Tandanu

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:07 PM

r9906 has warnings for the info frame order. I'm also doing some work on the old Loatheb frame (really old feature from classic naxx) which could be recycled to do this...

#4 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 945 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:49 AM

Wow, i can't believe anyone used this ra-den mod. i had no idea it was riddled with so many bugs. I wish more on ra-den would have reported them

the tank warnings weren't worth a crap. the icons didn't work because i forgot to register SPELL_AURA_REMOVED. not up the the quality i hold my mods a standard to.

i fixed those bugs amongst trying to get new features to work. unfortunately do to limited attempts it's hard to really get guild to let me test mods on this. I have a feeling the issues aren't 100% ironed out yet. main issue is the onevent handler we callback to is just SPAMMING the soaker special warnings. i tried several anti spam methods tonight and none worked. current one might work but it might also cause problems too. ultimately i have to find a clean less hacky way. maybe my current hack will work who knows. i will not see ra-den again until probably wed or thur next week.

if you see ra-den before then, make sure you are using latest alpha and tell me if it works.. my guild HIGHLY disliked ra-den assist. found it to be super buggy (like not detecting wipes, continuing down list on run back, list getting stuck and not updating after a wipe, having to resend list constantly etc. it was a mess. i'd rather my more simple approach get worked out and prove to be a cleaner more user friendly method.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users