2 replies to this topic

#1 sueñalobos

sueñalobos

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:13 PM

Dear DBM people,

The Spanish version of Ji'Kun module does not detect the hatch of the first nest (lower north-east) in LFR, 10N and 10H (I don't know about 25N and 25H).

This first hatch pass unnoticed to DBM, the second hatch is detected as the first (the warnings refer to it as the first one and points in the direction of the first one), the third hatch is detected as the second... The seventh hatch is also missed.

This is because the boss emote for the lower north-east nest (the first and seventh one) is different in Spanish than the emote for the rest of the lower nests.

In English the emote for the lower nest is:
"The eggs in one of the lower nests begin to hatch!"
and the emote for the higher nests is:
"The eggs in one of the upper nests begin to hatch!"

But in Spanish, the emote for the first nest is:
"¡Los huevos de los nidos más bajos empiezan a abrirse!"
the emote for the rest of the lower nests is:
"¡Los huevos de uno de los nidos inferiores empiezan a abrirse!"
and the emote for the higher nests is:
"¡Los huevos de uno de los nidos superiores empiezan a abrirse!"

I could easily patch this in the SVN by changing the Spanish localization of both eggsHatchL and eggsHatchU to a substring that all three messages had in common (for example: "empiezan a abrirse!"), but it is only a workaround as Spanish DBM won't be able to tell upper nests from lower nests in future patches (this functionality is not being used right now, though).

To fix this issue properly I will need to add another string to match for the first nest and change the logic of JiKun.lua (core file, for all languages), but this seems to me rather like taking a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

So, What do you think?, How should I fix this?

#2 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 774 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:59 PM

the nests positions are hard coded now, so technically there is no reason to have more than one emote. so i can just refactoring that code in all languages to do away with upper and lower and just have it check for a common nest message

#3 sueñalobos

sueñalobos

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:09 AM

the nests positions are hard coded now, so technically there is no reason to have more than one emote. so i can just refactoring that code in all languages to do away with upper and lower and just have it check for a common nest message

That would be very nice, thank you very much!, I will take care of the Spanish localization of the emote as soon as you implement the common nest message.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users