• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Marelen

Marelen

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:55 AM

How do I, without turning of raid alert sounds in general, turn of the "ba-ba-ba!" sound that interrupts cinematics? The sound plays for example when you're pulling up a plant in Sunsong Ranch ("You now have a firm grip. Jump!"). There's an option to turn text AND sound of, but I like the text.

If there's no option to both have the cake and eat it (Swedish proverb) I'll probably try to find the sound among my files and simply delete it, which will be tricky if it's a inbuilt sound in which case I guess I need to know what it's called and replace it in my /Sound. I'm no hacker, so solving this could take me all day :P

I wanted to ask here first since more people probably are as annoyed with that addition to DBM as I am. Best addon ever, but this "feature" makes me grind my teeth on a daily basis :) I'm sure this has come up before, but I couldn't find it when I searched the forums, sorry.

(Edit for clarification)

#2 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 1138 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 28 July 2013 - 05:42 PM

that's a blizzard sound and has nothing to do with dbm. dbm did NOT add that sound. blizzard put their own sound in ALL RAID_BOSS_WHISPER events in patch 5.3. DBM does best it can to suppress it during combat (and even then it barely works, i've had a hard time getting rid of that blizz sound).

You may want to complain about it on blizz forums somewhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users