Photo

Warning for beetlejuice: 4. Whining in any form is forbidden.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Therya

Therya

Fudge Muffin Addict

• Moderators
  • 332 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:16 AM

Post: Enhance me [5.3] - Now with 100% more CDs and 232% more haste-love!
User: beetlejuice
Infraction: 4. Whining in any form is forbidden.

Administrative Note:

Message to User:

I feel I need to warn you that your post is border-lining falling into number #4 rule of this forum. I understand that you feel frustrated but this is not the right forum to demonstrate this. Stick to writing about facts and you will be fine.

Original Post:

Thanks Pyrdon.

Lots of buffs coming Enh Sham way in 5.4 as of now. Any comments on the ele glyph change from 40% reduction of CD to 50% making it a 2.5min cd? It could net more dps if we get 1 or 2 more ele usages in a fight, but what about the impact of decoupling it from racial/glove etc. that also benefit ascendance every 3min?

In fact this is a huge nerf. Why? PE goes well with EM. (AS and Echo , i use only on AOE fights with big chuncks of aoe time)

So let's theorycraft on the go. the 5.4 Primal Elemental glyph will give you a Fire elemental for 30 seconds every 2.5 minutes. The battle time needed so that the new glyph will spawn a Fire Elemental more than the 5.3 glyph is at a 10.5minutes fight. However there are not many 10.5 min fights. More often you will see a 6-9 min battle so sometimes you don't glyph the fire elemental and just spawn it at 6mins (to sync again with EM and delayed Stormlash totem) and sometimes you glyph it. I don't think that there is a viable option of spamming every cooldown buff on cd and not synchronizing them together either. Cds after all work better if combined.

Two options if you want your Fire Elemental Glyphed.

1) To use Elemental Mastery on sync all the time with the new glyph, you will have to refrain your self from using it every 1.5 minute, resulting in a 2.5 min condition of use for the Elemental Mastery. Also Berserking and orc racial and lifeblood will become a 5min condition of use to sync it again with fire elemental. I really believe that delaying 2 haste cds that affect most of our personal dps is a mistake. Less Maelstroms, less flameshock ticks , less autoattacks etc.

2) We will still spawn our fire elemental every 3 minutes, sacrificing 30seconds of ready cd in order to use our racial (troll orc etc) with elemental mastery AND fire elemental.
This way the fire elemental will fight 30seconds every 3 minutes (resulting in a 17% less dps time compared to 5.3 glyph). However 30seconds are more than enough to fit your Elemental Mastery and Racial/Lifeblood together for your Fire Elemental. Spreading and delaying your racial and haste cds to sync it with a 2.5 min fire elemental doesn't feel right, especially if the fight is less than 10.5 minutes.
So say, this, if a fight is at 6-7 minutes, with this strategy on cds we will spawn the fire elemental same times as if we spammed it every 2.5 minutes, with the advantage of having it buffed all the times. If the Fight won't fight perfectly 3 min spam of fire elemental, we can decide on the go how to deal with it. But it generaly seems better to me and gives ease of brain to just use it every 3 mins . Heroic modes especially are really unforgiving, spaming all cds on cd is tiring. Better to sync them every 3 mins ^^

I would add another parameter in this post but totemic restoration is gone at 5.4. If we had it at 5.4 we could just spawn our fire elemental as long as our haste/racial cds are up then with draw it. In theory i think we could spam it every 1.5 minute like this! And yes now that i think about it this is the reason totemic restoration is gone ...So we won't have our fire elemental glyphed and out every 1.5 min masacring poor bosses.

So the changes on fire elemental glyph and totemic restoration are intended and were intended to hurt our dps.

So no, i don't expect to see buffs in 5.4 for us, enhancement shamans.

We are getting bad nerfs.

1) Elemental Glyph can't sync with our haste cds or syncs with less dps time overall (17% les unbuffed dps time )
2) Our Healing storm is nerfed and we can't be extremely useful on aoe stack situations anymore with healing rain and maelstrom x 5
3) Totemic Restoration is gone, we can't fine tune our fire elemental so that it's ready at bloodlust call
4) RPPM trinkets won't proc at pull, almost never
5) RPPM trinkets will get a fix so that they won't double dip on haste if they are trinkets of proc main stat for x seconds.
You can read about 5) at EU Battle net RPPM new info
Also i am including the rppm changes because they will hurt above all, all specs who stack primarily haste.

Ok where are the buffs? Oh yes,
Stormstrike affects Elemental Blast. NOT! it was withdrawn at latest PTR.

About Lava Lash, seriously it is laughable that they implement a single damage skill to proc at aoe situations. The idea is to spread flameshock faster but i wonder how will we be able to use our aoe rotation, Fire Nova, chain lightning, unleash elements, something else, fire nova again while spamming that Lava Lash.
And i really want to ask something that i am not sure about. If you have 10 targets and you lava lash your flame shocked target once, flame shock will spread to 4 more. Will the next Lava Lash spread flame shock to another 4 targets undoted from Flame Shock? Or are they picked randomly without checking if they already have your flame shock on them? If it is the first case then i don't see any reason to spam lava lash except 2-3 times on 10 targets, If it is the later, then Lava Lash should be spammed until you are sure all targets are flame shocked, then return to more focused aoe dps rotation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users