• This topic is locked This topic is locked
94 replies to this topic

#1 Enzo90910

Enzo90910

Von Kaiser

• • Guide Author
  • 90 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:10 PM

I hereby volunteer to maintain the 5.4 raid mechanics thread. Please post below any tips you found out by fighting 5.4 raid bosses. Please specify which difficulty of the boss this applies to (Until otherwise notified, I'll do as if everything worked the same in Flex and Normal).

Please limit yourselves to 5.4 raid mechanics as they apply to the rogue class, and keep general tips which apply to all classes for other threads.

Thanks in advance to everyone who contributes, I know some of you may feel giving out these tips is helping the competition, but I believe it only helps everyone enjoy the game even more.

-----
General
- Unless otherwise noted, Elusiveness works on every kind of damage.
- This thread on mmo-champion contains lots of interesting general tips about 5.4 encounters.

-----
Immerseus (1)
- CoS works on Corrosive Blast
- CoS works on Swirl, Feint does not.
- ShS can go through Swirl
- CoS works on Erupting Sha
Heroic
- CoS works to prevent stack gains from Swelling Corruption, doesn't drop existing stacks
- Only activated, single-target abilities trigger Swollen pride.
-----
The Fallen Protectors (2)
- CoS works on Inferno Strike
- Evasion works against melee hits of Embodied Anguish, Shadow Weakness still stacks.
- CoS works on Mark of Anguish (first tick is immunecloaked, the 4 following ticks miss), Shadow Weakness still stacks.
Heroic
- CoSing Inferno Strike at the last second stops Residual Burn.
- CoS protects against Dark Meditation damage.
- CoS, Feint work on Calamity.
- CoS work on Shadow Word: Bane.
-----
Norushen (3)
- CoS, Feint work on Icy Fear.
- CoS work on Residual Corruption (corruption still applies?)
- CoS works to pass through Blind Hatred; in Combat spec, CoS enables you to KS during it.
Heroic
- CoS Immunity works on Burst of Anger's Corruption gain
-----
Sha of Pride (4)
- CoS work on Mark of Arrogance dispel (no Pride gain), Swelling Pride damage (recommended), Bursting Pride damage (Pride still applies), Projection damage, Reflection explosion damage (Pride still applies)
- Feint works on Prison DoT, must be cast before
Heroic
-
-----
Galakras (5)
- Master Cannoneer Dagryn can be Disarmed
- CoS works on Flames of Galakrond: removes stacks, immunes damage.
- Feint, Glyphed CoS work on Muzzle Spray (Right Tower) and Arcing Smash (Left Tower). ShS can get you safely back on the platform through the knock back.
- Feint, Glyphed CoS work on Skull Cracker.
- CoS, Feint work on Poison Cloud, Deadly poison bolt volley.
- Glyphed CoS works on Bombard
- You can sprint from the right tower, jump, target Anti-Air Cannon and ShS to it on the left tower.
- Mind Numbing Poison works on Dragonmaw Tidal Shamans
-----
Iron Juggernaut (6)
- Glyphed CoS works on Borer Drill.
- CoS removes Laser Burn Debuff.
- Glyphed CoS works on Ricochet.
- CoS works on Seismic Activity.
- You can stay in melee range during the three Shock Pulses with: ShS,CoS,ShS. As Combat, you can replace any of these with KS.
- You can soak Crawler Mines with Elusiveness only in r10 but it leaves you extremely low HP.
- You can soak Crawler Mines with Glyphed CoS only but it leaves you extremely low HP.
- Symbiosis' Growl helps to soak Crawler Mines
Heroic
- You can soak Crawler Mines with Glyphed CoS and Elusiveness in r10.
-----
Kor'kron Dark Shaman (7)
- CoS does not work on Toxic Mist.
- CoS Immune does work on one tick of Toxic Mist.
- Vanish causes Haromm to change targets when casting Foul Stream
- CoS, Feint work on Foul Stream
- CoS works on Toxic Storm, Toxic Tornado, Foul Geyser, Foulness, Falling Ash.
Heroic
- Feint works on Iron Tomb
- Glyphed CoS, SB work on Iron Prison
-----
General Nazgrim (8)
- Glyphed CoS works on Bonecracker Ticking Debuff
- Glyphed CoS works on Heroic Shockwave
- CoS works on Aftershock damage
- Glyphed CoS, Feint work on Warcry
- Glyphed CoS works on Ravager AoE damage.
- Kor'kron Ironblades, Kor'kron Assassins can be Dismantled.
- All adds can be CCed with Kidney Shot and Gouge
- CoS works on Magistrike
- FoK gets Assassins out of stealth
- Glyphed CoS works on Shoot and Multi-shot.
-----
Malkorok (9)
- CoS works on Breath of Y'Shaarj
- Feint works on Void Zones
- CoS removes Displaced Energy without damaging the raid.
Heroic
- CoS works on Essence of Y'Shaarj
- Burst of Speed removes the slow from the add.
-----
Spoils of Pandaria (10)
- Shiv works to de-enrage Warcallers
- CoS does not work on the Brewmaster's Breath of Fire
- Smoke Bomb prevents damage from Jun-Wei's Shadow Volley, Zu-Yin's Molten Fist, Xiang-Lin's Jade Tempest, Kun-Da's Fracture on ranged characters.
-----
Thok the Bloodthirsty (11)
- ShS does not get you safely through Blood Frenzy
- Keymasters can be Disarmed
-Vanish removes his fixate, CoS doesn't.
- Shiv dispels the Enrage effect on Jailers.
-----
Siegecrafter Blackfuse (12)
- CoS works on Conveyor Belts' Matter Purification Beams
-----
Paragons of the Klaxxi (13)
- CoS works on every one of Xaril's injections, without danger to the raid (needs checking, blue may kill you).
- Evasion works on Hisek's multi-shot
- Feint works while stunned by Hisek's Aim
- CoS does not work on Ka'roz's Caustic Amber.
-----
Garrosh Hellscream - Warchief of the True Horde (14)
- CoS and Feint work on Whirling Corruption damage (doesn't prevent add spawn), Annihilate damage, Desecrate damage and Iron Star Damage.
-----

Edited by Enzo90910, 30 October 2013 - 08:02 AM.

#2 Rosvall

Rosvall

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:02 PM

Just putting this in here, as the maintainer of the previous threads:

I do not play the game anymore. And while I could keep a new thread updated, I'd be glad if someone (Enzo) takes over.

#3 Kryptomaniac

Kryptomaniac

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:38 PM

I have done most if not all of the PTR testing and have already familiarized myself with most of everything so over the next little while I will add in everything I can.

I will also be available like last tier for those that did send me messages requesting help on a encounter by encounter basis. So feel free to PM me at anytime again.

Edit: A lot of folks have been asking me for a more or less basic feel as a rogue for each encounter. Instead of doing a feel for an encounter by encounter basis, ill just say straightup. Rogues in general feel very strong, there are a couple of fights we lack behind (As is expected), and of course there are a couple "bitch duty" fights. I will start writing up some stuff as live hits, will attempt to do it every night. If demand is high enough, I will do some quick videos with rogue pointers and such.

BE PREPARED TO USE GLYPH OF REDIRECT.

#4 Seliathan

Seliathan

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:04 PM

Fallen Protectors (PTR)
-as always Feint works on all AoE effects
-CoS works on Inferno Strike, no need to immunecloak
-Evasion works against meleehits of Embodied Anguish, but Shadow Weakness still stacks
-Cloak works on Mark of Anguish, the first tick is immunecloaked, and the 4 following ticks miss, Shadow Weakness still stacks though
(-Bladeflurry didn't work today on the heroic test, all other cleaves worked fine though so I'm guessing this is a PTR only bug)
-Rogues can be used to "tank" the Embodied Anguish, letting Combat Readiness stack through the first few hits with Elusiveness up nets you a ~65% mitigation after a few seconds for ~15secs, and when CR drops you can use cloak to tank another 5 seconds

Kor'kron Dark Shaman
-you can immunecloak one of the ticks of Toxic Mist
Not much else to say about them, Bladeflurry didnt work yet again so I guess something is amiss on the PTR.

#5 Dinth

Dinth

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:24 AM

Iron Juggernaut

You can pretty much trivialize the shock pulse knockback by using shadowstep right as it hits you, cloaking the second one, then using shadowstep on the third and final one. Rinse and repeat each time you're in that phase.

#6 dizzlex

dizzlex

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:49 AM

Does anyone know if a elusiveness feint will allow you to soak a bomb on Iron Juggernaut?

#7 Kryptomaniac

Kryptomaniac

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:17 AM

Does anyone know if a glyphed feint will allow you to soak a bomb on Iron Juggernaut?

It does yes. Its important to note that unless it has been recently changed (latest test confirmed was 10M Heroic) that feint alone does not reduce the actual damage. You would need elusiveness for it to have effect. I'm not sure what the Glyph pertains to in this case as its just a longer duration on feint.

Also as a side note, sorry I've been extremely busy with 5.4 coming up, I am trying my best to get a write up of all the bosses with information asap. Stay tuned probably on friday due to next days being booked for progression.

#8 Dextar

Dextar

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

Malkorok (PTR)
- The breath can be cloaked, with the CD reducing trinket (normal 2/2 upgrade) you're basically able to completely ignore most mechanics of the fight
-Feint works on the puddles

#9 Dextar

Dextar

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:45 PM

It does yes. Its important to note that unless it has been recently changed (latest test confirmed was 10M Heroic) that feint alone does not reduce the actual damage. You would need elusiveness for it to have effect. I'm not sure what the Glyph pertains to in this case as its just a longer duration on feint.

Also as a side note, sorry I've been extremely busy with 5.4 coming up, I am trying my best to get a write up of all the bosses with information asap. Stay tuned probably on friday due to next days being booked for progression.

When I was testing it on flex feint + elusive did NOT reduce the damage taken. Cloak + Glyphed Cloak allowed us to soak it but the damage was taking myself and my other rogue down to sub 10% health.

This was tested on the 1st so it's possible it could have changed but just a heads up.

#10 Kryptomaniac

Kryptomaniac

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:04 PM

When I was testing it on flex feint + elusive did NOT reduce the damage taken. Cloak + Glyphed Cloak allowed us to soak it but the damage was taking myself and my other rogue down to sub 10% health.

This was tested on the 1st so it's possible it could have changed but just a heads up.

Ill let you guys know on this when i hit live in a few hours to raid. as well as with everything. sorry again for delays

#11 Rontu

Rontu

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:09 AM

feint definitely does not work on void zones for malkorak (elusiveness works)

#12 Kryptomaniac

Kryptomaniac

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:22 AM

Starting off with Immerseus for now just because its late:

- Corrosive Blast: Can cloak damage (not recommened due to having better uses).
- Swirl: The torrent from Immerseus can be cloaked. Feint does not work w/out elusiveness.
- Swirl: If your quick on your feet, you can shadowstep to an ally if there is one on the other side of the swirl. Not overly necessary as you can dps and run.
- Erupting Sha: Can cloak, elusiveness works (untalented cloak tbd tomorrow on second run)

Immerseus tips for fellow readers. Fairly straightforward fight, its a simple burn boss while not standing in pools, and killing adds when intermission come. Your best use of cloak when available will be to cloak just as all the adds hit the inner pool to immune the incoming damage.
Recommended Non Lethal Poison - Crippling For adds
Recommended Spec - Assassination
Recommended Glyphs:
- Glyph of Sprint
- Glyph of Shiv (situational depending on raid comp. May be more useful in 10 man if alot of slows are not readily available)
- Glyph of Vendetta (Note, as the fight progresses, you will have shorter and shorter amount of time on the boss, so removing this glyph may be optimal in some cases. Yet to be determined for sure all depends on raid dps overall. If replaced, highly recommend redirect glyph for adds.)

#13 dizzlex

dizzlex

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:51 PM

Confirmed on live for normal mode at least:

Iron Juggernaut (normal)

You can use a feint (elusiveness) to survive the blast, but it will take you incredibly low.

I recommend glyphing COS and combining both a smokebomb and feint for 1, and a glyphed COS and feint for another if your group needs you to take it more often than every minute.

Also, the CD reduction trinket can help on this fight by allowing COS to be used more often and possibly allow you to use smokebomb on the second phase as a raid cooldown. Probably more useful on heroic than normal, but something to keep in mind.

Will update when we get heroic next week.

#14 Rontu

Rontu

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:24 PM

Shadow step is pretty beast for Thok.

you can safely shadow step if he's running towards you (if you are not his fixate target) and get behind him to dps.

#15 FenrisTheFearless

FenrisTheFearless

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:41 PM

For Garrosh, Cloak of Shadows immunes the damage from Whirling Corruption inside and outside of the area effect, it immunes Annihilate damage in the shadow phase, Desecrate damage from weapon throws. Feint + Elusiveness works on all of these as well. Controlled players can be Gouged to interrupt as long as the ability isn't empowered, If I think of anything else, i'll add it soon :)

#16 Boomslang

Boomslang

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:27 PM

On Sha of Pride it looked like the other rogues and I were able to use Cloak of Shadows to remove Mark of Arrogance without gaining any pride. No raid till Monday for me, so if someone gets the chance test that on Normal/Flex.

#17 Saan

Saan

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:46 PM

For Garrosh, Cloak of Shadows immunes the damage from Whirling Corruption inside and outside of the area effect, it immunes Annihilate damage in the shadow phase, Desecrate damage from weapon throws. Feint + Elusiveness works on all of these as well. Controlled players can be Gouged to interrupt as long as the ability isn't empowered, If I think of anything else, i'll add it soon :)

It's good to keep note that if Whirling Corruption is Empowered, you still can spawn an add if hit by a bolt (although still take no damage).

#18 Moritsume

Moritsume

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:45 AM

On Galakras our tank mentioned Master Cannoneer Dagryn's Shoot doing quite a bit of damage, but it seems that Dismantle will disarm her and force her to melee swing instead. Our Prot War's Disarm didn't seem to work though.

#19 Dextar

Dextar

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:37 PM

It's good to keep note that if Whirling Corruption is Empowered, you still can spawn an add if hit by a bolt (although still take no damage).

The adds spawn regardless, without AoC you can only cloak one whirling then have the skip the next, should put us high on the list for guilds who distribute loot this way.

As you're being pulled in P2 of Garrosh, you can reapply dots before you transition.

#20 Ech1zen

Ech1zen

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:16 AM

I dont remember anyone saying this: You can disarm keykeeper ads on thok to minimize damage on tank while he is kiting it to the right spot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users