I hereby volunteer to maintain the 5.4 raid mechanics thread. Please post below any tips you found out by fighting 5.4 raid bosses. Please specify which difficulty of the boss this applies to (Until otherwise notified, I'll do as if everything worked the same in Flex and Normal).
Please limit yourselves to 5.4 raid mechanics as they apply to the rogue class, and keep general tips which apply to all classes for other threads.
Thanks in advance to everyone who contributes, I know some of you may feel giving out these tips is helping the competition, but I believe it only helps everyone enjoy the game even more.
- Unless otherwise noted, Elusiveness works on every kind of damage.
- This thread on mmo-champion contains lots of interesting general tips about 5.4 encounters.
- CoS works on Corrosive Blast
- CoS works on Swirl, Feint does not.
- ShS can go through Swirl
- CoS works on Erupting Sha
- CoS works to prevent stack gains from Swelling Corruption, doesn't drop existing stacks
- Only activated, single-target abilities trigger Swollen pride.
The Fallen Protectors (2)
- CoS works on Inferno Strike
- Evasion works against melee hits of Embodied Anguish, Shadow Weakness still stacks.
- CoS works on Mark of Anguish (first tick is immunecloaked, the 4 following ticks miss), Shadow Weakness still stacks.
- CoSing Inferno Strike at the last second stops Residual Burn.
- CoS protects against Dark Meditation damage.
- CoS, Feint work on Calamity.
- CoS work on Shadow Word: Bane.
- CoS, Feint work on Icy Fear.
- CoS work on Residual Corruption (corruption still applies?)
- CoS works to pass through Blind Hatred; in Combat spec, CoS enables you to KS during it.
- CoS Immunity works on Burst of Anger's Corruption gain
Sha of Pride (4)
- CoS work on Mark of Arrogance dispel (no Pride gain), Swelling Pride damage (recommended), Bursting Pride damage (Pride still applies), Projection damage, Reflection explosion damage (Pride still applies)
- Feint works on Prison DoT, must be cast before
- Master Cannoneer Dagryn can be Disarmed
- CoS works on Flames of Galakrond: removes stacks, immunes damage.
- Feint, Glyphed CoS work on Muzzle Spray (Right Tower) and Arcing Smash (Left Tower). ShS can get you safely back on the platform through the knock back.
- Feint, Glyphed CoS work on Skull Cracker.
- CoS, Feint work on Poison Cloud, Deadly poison bolt volley.
- Glyphed CoS works on Bombard
- You can sprint from the right tower, jump, target Anti-Air Cannon and ShS to it on the left tower.
- Mind Numbing Poison works on Dragonmaw Tidal Shamans
Iron Juggernaut (6)
- Glyphed CoS works on Borer Drill.
- CoS removes Laser Burn Debuff.
- Glyphed CoS works on Ricochet.
- CoS works on Seismic Activity.
- You can stay in melee range during the three Shock Pulses with: ShS,CoS,ShS. As Combat, you can replace any of these with KS.
- You can soak Crawler Mines with Elusiveness only in r10 but it leaves you extremely low HP.
- You can soak Crawler Mines with Glyphed CoS only but it leaves you extremely low HP.
- Symbiosis' Growl helps to soak Crawler Mines
- You can soak Crawler Mines with Glyphed CoS and Elusiveness in r10.
Kor'kron Dark Shaman (7)
- CoS does not work on Toxic Mist.
- CoS Immune does work on one tick of Toxic Mist.
- Vanish causes Haromm to change targets when casting Foul Stream
- CoS, Feint work on Foul Stream
- CoS works on Toxic Storm, Toxic Tornado, Foul Geyser, Foulness, Falling Ash.
- Feint works on Iron Tomb
- Glyphed CoS, SB work on Iron Prison
General Nazgrim (8)
- Glyphed CoS works on Bonecracker Ticking Debuff
- Glyphed CoS works on Heroic Shockwave
- CoS works on Aftershock damage
- Glyphed CoS, Feint work on Warcry
- Glyphed CoS works on Ravager AoE damage.
- Kor'kron Ironblades, Kor'kron Assassins can be Dismantled.
- All adds can be CCed with Kidney Shot and Gouge
- CoS works on Magistrike
- FoK gets Assassins out of stealth
- Glyphed CoS works on Shoot and Multi-shot.
- CoS works on Breath of Y'Shaarj
- Feint works on Void Zones
- CoS removes Displaced Energy without damaging the raid.
- CoS works on Essence of Y'Shaarj
- Burst of Speed removes the slow from the add.
Spoils of Pandaria (10)
- Shiv works to de-enrage Warcallers
- CoS does not work on the Brewmaster's Breath of Fire
- Smoke Bomb prevents damage from Jun-Wei's Shadow Volley, Zu-Yin's Molten Fist, Xiang-Lin's Jade Tempest, Kun-Da's Fracture on ranged characters.
Thok the Bloodthirsty (11)
- ShS does not get you safely through Blood Frenzy
- Keymasters can be Disarmed
-Vanish removes his fixate, CoS doesn't.
- Shiv dispels the Enrage effect on Jailers.
Siegecrafter Blackfuse (12)
- CoS works on Conveyor Belts' Matter Purification Beams
Paragons of the Klaxxi (13)
- CoS works on every one of Xaril's injections, without danger to the raid (needs checking, blue may kill you).
- Evasion works on Hisek's multi-shot
- Feint works while stunned by Hisek's Aim
- CoS does not work on Ka'roz's Caustic Amber.
Garrosh Hellscream - Warchief of the True Horde (14)
- CoS and Feint work on Whirling Corruption damage (doesn't prevent add spawn), Annihilate damage, Desecrate damage and Iron Star Damage.
Edited by Enzo90910, 30 October 2013 - 08:02 AM.