94 replies to this topic

#21 Simply

Simply

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:07 PM

I wouldn't recommend ShS on Thok.
Burst of Speed is superior in nearly every way, if you get extremely unlucky the boss will fixate you three times in a row, also you need a constant speed buff to keep up with thok if you want to keep DPSing him.

#22 Psilocin

Psilocin

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:15 AM

CoS completely removes Displaced Energy on Malkorok with no damage to anyone.

#23 Kryptomaniac

Kryptomaniac

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:41 PM

CoS completely removes Displaced Energy on Malkorok with no damage to anyone.

I'm under the assumption you tested this while being stacked in the raid?

#24 Psilocin

Psilocin

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:50 AM

I'm under the assumption you tested this while being stacked in the raid?

Yes, unless it was a glitch, you don't even get the spell effect of the purple AOE. Someone can confirm though.

#25 phup

phup

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:52 PM

On Sha, I can confirm that cloak removes mark of arrogance without a pride gain even if you aren't gifted.

#26 Boomslang

Boomslang

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:20 PM

cloak removes the DoT you receive from getting hit by the flames of Galakrond fireball in Galakras.

#27 Ondersjaak

Ondersjaak

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:15 PM

I'd like to mention that Feint does in fact work on void zones on the Malkorok fight. Looking back at logs I see myself taking hits of roughly 250k on average whereas others are taking hits around 450k. All of my hits taken were with Feint on and I believe the Miasma shield didn't even fall off during the smash phase. This is without Elusiveness, as I think Leeching Poison is better for this fight due to blanket damage (as combat, at least). Proof: Analyze - 17-09 20:31 - VII - World of Logs

Edit: stuns and disarms work on all adds on General Nazgrim. Disarm is particularly useful against Assassins but not against Ironblades, as it doesn't stop their Ironstorm ability. Kidney Shot is very useful versus Warshamans as it prevents them from dropping their Healing Tide Totem for the duration of the stun.

#28 Kryptomaniac

Kryptomaniac

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:14 AM

Heroic Immerseus:
- Can cloak swelling Swelling Corruption and not get any stacks. Can easily time it for every single one.

Regular Protectors:
- Can cloak the burst damage from Inferno Strike (Heroic: if you cloak inferno strike at the very last second, you can also stop residual burn)
- Can feint corruption kick damage (not the DOT damage afterwards) Elusiveness works on both.
- Mark of Anguish: Can evasion+cloak tank the add. You still receive stacks.
- During Dark Meditation can run out and cloak damage and attack adds (not recommended on heroic).
- Can regular feint and cloak calamity.
- Can cloak shadow word bane.

Norushen:
- can cloak and feint icy fear.
- can feint burst of anger (feint untested but i believe it does, someone confirm for me)
- can cloak residual corruption. (highly recommended).

Sha of Pride:
- CAN CLOAK SWELLING PRIDE. HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
- Can cloak Bursting Pride. (Elusiveness works as well)
- Can cloak/elusiveness projections.
- Cloak of shadows removes Mark of Arrogance without gaining pride.
- Can cloak reflection explosion (not recommended). *elusiveness untested*
- W/Elusiveness if you feint right before prison and get trapped, reduces damage. Must be timed perfectly.
Heroic* - Banishment: Just as a note, no speed increases work, nor does cheat death if an add reaches you. You just die.
- Can elusiveness feint the damage in P2 every 10 seconds. Only do this if healing is lackluster.

Just for some general clarification on Sha of Pride. Besides Mark of Arrogance, anything you can cloak to immune the damage you will still gain Pride. Mark of arrogance is the oddball in this case not granting any pride. So overall, especially on heroic your best bet is to save cloaks for Swelling Corruption, and cloak mark of arrogance with more then 58 seconds until swelling pride.

***Managed to kill first 4 bosses on heroic. Uggh gruesome. Will post some more information tomorrow, gotta get my rest. As always if you have specific questions your welcome to ask here and someone will answer or your welcome to PM me.***

#29 Rontu

Rontu

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:51 PM

Heroic Protectors

Evasion tanking mark of anguish is not viable. the dot does way too much damage even with evasion (your only out is cloak of shadows)

#30 Viper

Viper

Eyelaser Ninja Pirate

•  Patrons
  • 982 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:19 PM

So overall, especially on heroic your best bet is to save cloaks for Swelling Corruption, and cloak mark of arrogance with more then 58 seconds until swelling pride.

Stuff like this (and cloak-tanking Anguish, and using it on Immerseus pools in between Swelling Corruption) is making me more and more convinced that AoC is worth the minor dps loss compared to Ticking Ebon Detonator in order to have a ~34 second cloak.

#31 Rontu

Rontu

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:08 PM

Stuff like this (and cloak-tanking Anguish, and using it on Immerseus pools in between Swelling Corruption) is making me more and more convinced that AoC is worth the minor dps loss compared to Ticking Ebon Detonator in order to have a ~34 second cloak.

Are you sure AOC is a dps loss? i can't imagine AOC being a dps loss even for assassination build over ticking ebon detonator - especially with 4 piece.

#32 Zurm

Zurm

The Ultimate in /facepalm Technology

• Members
  • 1353 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:53 PM

Are you sure AOC is a dps loss? i can't imagine AOC being a dps loss even for assassination build over ticking ebon detonator - especially with 4 piece.

It is according to ShadowCraft by a very small amount. The proc is ICD-based instead of RPPM and therefore more reliable. To "balance" this, the RPPM procs are more powerful, on average. Since assassination's cooldowns are relatively weak (especially without the pre-nerf t15 4pc), the CD reduction isn't as amazing as you might think from a purely dps patchwerk-esque fight. Of course, the benefits of more frequent cloaks/evasions to avoid mechanics and therefore higher time on target means AoC is, in practice, actually quite a bit better.
Back, semi-casual, and proud of it.

#33 Seliathan

Seliathan

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:31 AM

Norushen (all modes)
You can use cloak to simply walk through Blind Hatred or safely use KS while it is being cast. (clarification: use Cloak to survive KSing during Blind Hatred, without it you'll just die)

Garrosh (all modes)
Iron Star Damage can be cloaked (no need to immune) so you can follow the adds in case your raid knocks them into the star.

#34 Egészségére

Egészségére

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:02 PM

Only Mutilate, Dispatch, Envenom and Rupture(initial attack, not the dots) gives stacks of Swelling Corruption.
Auto attacks, poison procs, Fan of Knives and Crimson Tempest does not.

So when Immersius has the Swelling Corruption buff, you can keep him as target while using FoK and CT on adds. I kept up Rupture on him, eventho it gave me a stack, but its worth it imo.

I recommend NOT using Glyph of Vendetta, since theres no part of the fight where you can(should) do single target damage on Immersius for the full duration of glyphed vendetta.
My glyphs of choice is:
Glyph of Sharpened Knives
Glyph of Feint
Glyph of Sprint or Redirect.

#35 Seliathan

Seliathan

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:08 AM

Norushen (heroic)

You can immunecloak the Manifestation of Corruptions Burst of Anger to not receive damage and not get the additional 2 corruption. This basically increases your damage for the last 50% of the fight in case your raid is going to zerg the boss.

#36 thatbadrogue

thatbadrogue

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:18 AM

Immerseus heroic - You can cloak to negate the application of stacks via the debuff the boss gains, so by getting to 3 stacks, cloaking and continuing your dps rotation you will drop stacks by the time cloak wears off, with AoC meaning very minimal DPS downtime throughout the encounter.

Protectors heroic - by using combat readiness and then using glyphed? (was glyphed at time of testing, unsure if it actually made an impact or not.) cloak you should be able to take a relatively decent chunk of focus time from the Mark of Anguish on Heroic Difficulty before being forced to 'pass the orb' (evasion didn't seem to work).

Norushen heroic - You can cloak and run through the beam, and cloak to negate gaining 5 corruption when the add dies.

Heroic Sha - You can cloak the Mark of Arrogance and not receive corruption for doing so, as well as it might being a decent idea to test cloaking when the manefistation dies and not get corruption (did not have a chance to test personally).

Heroic Juggernaut - You can cycle through Cloak, shadowstep, and finally cloak for the three pulses during transitions for maximum uptime on the boss. (Elusiveness does not make soaking mines a possibility, as it still does a metric F ton of damage. CoS also does nothing without glyph).

If any/all of these have been mentioned previously I apologize as I am guilty of not reading through this thread - only attempting to contribute to it.

#37 Kazkek

Kazkek

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

Kor'kron Dark Shaman
Vanish immune causes Haromm to change targets when casting Foul Stream

#38 Enzo90910

Enzo90910

Von Kaiser

• • Guide Author
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:44 PM

Kor'kron Dark Shaman
Vanish immune causes Haromm to change targets when casting Foul Stream

What exactly do you mean by "Vanish Immune"?

#39 Darwinchip

Darwinchip

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:45 PM

New poster, hope I'm not making a fool of myself here...

Iron Juggernaut (6)
- You can stay in melee range during the three Shock Pulses with: ShS,CoS,ShS (PTR)
- You can soak Crawler Mines with Elusiveness only in 10-Normal but it leaves you extremely low HP.
Heroic
- You can not soak Crawler Mines.
-----

Agreed on the crawler mine info, but could it possibly be because of a bug?
Looking at my WoL data from normal

[17:17:26.621] Unknown Engulfed Explosion Ilzan 394176 (A: 205244)
[17:17:53.970] Unknown Engulfed Explosion Ilzan 463827 (A: 151107)
[17:19:59.737] Unknown Engulfed Explosion Ilzan 439591 (A: 166440)
[17:20:26.647] Unknown Engulfed Explosion Ilzan 152678 (A: 445928)
[17:20:57.193] Unknown Engulfed Explosion Ilzan 409223 (A: 198327)
[17:21:28.525] Unknown Engulfed Explosion Ilzan 411153 (A: 203050)
[17:22:15.533] Unknown Engulfed Explosion Ilzan 593843 (A: 13599)
[17:23:27.862] Unknown Engulfed Explosion Ilzan 297452 (A: 291400)

and heroic

[15:50:34.773] Unknown Engulfed Explosion Ilzan 455055 (A: 283618)
[15:51:06.501] Unknown Engulfed Explosion Ilzan 366413 (O: 283806, A: 75965)
[15:57:12.011] Unknown Engulfed Explosion Ilzan 603713 (O: 21683, A: 104337)
[15:57:46.989] Unknown Engulfed Explosion Ilzan 489030 (O: 244555)

it looks like the damage I'm taking, plus absorbs and overkill, is ~50% of what's suggested by the dungeon journal, despite my having Elusiveness at the time.
Shouldn't it either be 65% reduction, if the explosion is AoE and Elusiveness works, or 30% reduction, if the explosion isn't AoE but Elusiveness does work, instead of 50%?

#40 Quackers

Quackers

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:42 PM

New poster, hope I'm not making a fool of myself here...
it looks like the damage I'm taking, plus absorbs and overkill, is ~50% of what's suggested by the dungeon journal, despite my having Elusiveness at the time.
Shouldn't it either be 65% reduction, if the explosion is AoE and Elusiveness works, or 30% reduction, if the explosion isn't AoE but Elusiveness does work, instead of 50%?

As I recall, Crawler Mines inflict physical damage - which will be mitigated by your armour. Assuming it's single target physical damage:

1.5 Million (Base Unmitigated Hit) * 0.7 (30% Elusiveness Reduction) * 0.7 (~30% Armour Reduction from about 20k Armour) = ~735k Damage Taken
That seems about consistent with your numbers - so it'd be my guess as to what's occuring.

If anyone knows better, feel free to correct me.

Edit:
If I am correct about that, it may also allow a Rogue to soak one crawler mine with a glyphed CloS (+ Elusiveness) for a ~450k hit. Probably not the best use of Cloak on the fight, but if your group needs it that badly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users