94 replies to this topic

#81 nordveien

nordveien

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:23 PM

is the hitbox the same for all races?

I thought of that too, but then noticed that Raer, who had issues with Annihilate this week, was a troll, like myself. It could be both racial hitboxes and something else that happened this week though.

I have heard of a tip for H Malkorok where people would drink Noggenfogger Elixir before the fight in order to shrink their model and make it easier to avoid the orbs in P1. I'm not sure it actually makes your model effectively smaller (as in it wouldn't hit something when shrunk, while it would have hit it in the usual state and being in the exact same spot), or just helps visually, but if the former, then it wouldn't be surprising if race had something to do with KS too.

Really not sure how to test it though. The only thing that comes to mind might be, how KS behaves on a target dummy. I'm a troll, and KS doesn't put me on top of the dummy, rather just outside his smallish hitbox. When I was a worgen, I'm not sure it behaved the same way and maybe put me closer to the center of a dummy. But I'm not 100% certain and maybe it's not the right approach.

#82 Rontu

Rontu

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:53 PM

Sort of.

I believe you used to be able to use it from the platform without any LoS issues but can no longer do that.

Instead, you can run onto the rim of the pipe closet to the belt and CaD/ShS from there.

Forgot to add to this, but this is incorrect, you can no longer shadow step / cloak and dagger onto the weapons (even standing on the top rim of the pipe, you will get a "Target is obscurred" message".

I can add that Smoke Bomb cast on the large adds on the mogu side prevents the damage from their "big" attacks. Just drop it as soon as you see their cast bar for Molten Fist, Jade Tempest etc.

I tried testing this in this week's lockout. Not sure if it works on all the big mogu adds, but it looks like it only prevents damage going out to ranged classes. The melee and tank still get hit by the big aoe.

#83 dommy

dommy

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:43 PM

Forgot to add to this, but this is incorrect, you can no longer shadow step / cloak and dagger onto the weapons (even standing on the top rim of the pipe, you will get a "Target is obscurred" message".

As of the moment I posted that, it was correct, but then they fixed it again. Sorry for not updating it.

Hunters can still disengage onto the belt though, which I think is unfair.

#84 nordveien

nordveien

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:47 AM

If Cloak is hit at a certain moment during Empowered Whirling Corruption, can it guarantee that an add won't spawn under me? If so, at what moment should it be hit?

Emp Whirling Corruption duration is longer than Cloak duration (6 seconds according to wowhead). Adds spawn from void zones that appear at the end of EWC. I wonder if hitting Cloak about 1-1.5 seconds in (so that you'll still be under immunity when EWC ends) would prevent you from spawning an add. If so, rogues could stay on the boss during EWC.

#85 Enzo90910

Enzo90910

Von Kaiser

• • Guide Author
  • 89 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:22 PM

If Cloak is hit at a certain moment during Empowered Whirling Corruption, can it guarantee that an add won't spawn under me? If so, at what moment should it be hit?

Emp Whirling Corruption duration is longer than Cloak duration (6 seconds according to wowhead). Adds spawn from void zones that appear at the end of EWC. I wonder if hitting Cloak about 1-1.5 seconds in (so that you'll still be under immunity when EWC ends) would prevent you from spawning an add. If so, rogues could stay on the boss during EWC.

I believ there is no way to prevent the add from spawning, but I also believe rogues can stay in melee anyway. I don't believe the add is that big a problem, you just have to aggro him and get him away from the boss as soon as it spawns.

#86 Vredefort

Vredefort

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:03 AM

Has anyone given consideration to glyphing Blade Flurry and speccing for Paralytic Poison in the Garrosh fight (or any add heavy fight)? Two spec options that aren't listed on the first page, but I'm wondering if there's any mileage in the idea. Not necessarily a DPS boost, but may help in managing certain adds.

Also, I've not been able to replicate the Killing Spree bug during Garrosh transitions, so this may have been silently hotfixed fixed.

#87 Psilocin

Psilocin

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:54 PM

Just a quick update, CoS no longer works on Thok's fixate.   Also, can anyone else confirm that Mind Numbing does not work on the Embodied Gloom's Corrosive Blast on H Protectors? I even shiv'd the damn thing and it didn't seem like it did a bit of good.

#88 Ondersjaak

Ondersjaak

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:25 PM

Has anyone given consideration to glyphing Blade Flurry and speccing for Paralytic Poison in the Garrosh fight (or any add heavy fight)? Two spec options that aren't listed on the first page, but I'm wondering if there's any mileage in the idea. Not necessarily a DPS boost, but may help in managing certain adds.

Also, I've not been able to replicate the Killing Spree bug during Garrosh transitions, so this may have been silently hotfixed fixed.

I have considered this, but haven't tried it yet, as I play combat and don't use FoK a lot to AoE. Nevertheless, I still use Paralytic Poison on Garrosh. One reason for that is that you don't really want any of your other utility poisons to be applied to your fellow raiders when they get mind controlled. But more importantly, you can use Shiv with Paralytic Poison to root the adds that spawn from Whirling Corruption. This can even be used to single them out when a tank has aggro on them, allowing you to kill it safely.

#89 Palanuial

Palanuial

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:31 PM

Blind appears to not worked, will confirm upcoming reset.

Blind works, but only for 8 seconds. (PvP-duration)

#90 Rontu

Rontu

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:44 PM

Paragons of the Klaxxi (13)
- CoS works on every one of Xaril's injections, without danger to the raid.

This is incorrect.

Unless Cloak of Shadows works differently with symbio'd Moonkins, the blue injection will still cause damage through cloak of shadows.

I'll see if I have a log of this (might not have one, we don't log alt runs), but from what I recall, my cloak of shadows still had 1.5 seconds on it and the blue injection one shotted me.

Still need to test red injection.

#91 Psilocin

Psilocin

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:51 PM

Are you talking about damage to you from another player, or damage from the Reaction on yourself?  Because I'm fairly certain, 95%, that it will negate all effects on you or to others if you cloak your own reaction.  As for splash from others, that I'm not positive on, but my guess is that it would.

#92 nordveien

nordveien

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:25 PM

I only have logs for Red and Blue where Cloak was cast very close to subsequent damage taken (less than a second difference), so not sure how reliable they are.

Blue (definitely took damage from someone else, not sure if I also took it from my own debuff. A lot of people had Blue and didn't manage to spread out in time):

[01:00:06.021] Zopka gains Cloak of Shadows from Zopka
[01:00:06.021] Zopka casts Cloak of Shadows
[01:00:06.390] Xaril the Poisoned Mind Reaction: Blue Zopka 416918 (A: 23082)
[01:00:06.405] Zopka's Cloak of Shadows fades from Zopka
[01:00:06.405] Xaril the Poisoned Mind Reaction: Blue Zopka 265531 (O: 174469)

Red (again, not sure if it was from my own debuff or not):

[00:42:49.295] Zopka gains Cloak of Shadows from Zopka
[00:42:49.295] Zopka casts Cloak of Shadows
[00:42:49.888] Xaril the Poisoned Mind Reaction: Red Zopka 141856
[00:42:54.328] Zopka's Cloak of Shadows fades from Zopka

I also have some LFR logs where people with Yellow Toxin were standing together in melee and spawning clouds after Xaril cast Catalyst: Yellow. I don't know how to check in logs whether I spawned a cloud myself or not, but at least it seems that Cloak would prevent damage from the cloud (see below). Logs only show one Miss event for the duration of Cloak and nothing else (no hits, no other misses), yet I'm sure I was standing in a cloud the whole time and started taking damage after Cloak has faded:

[01:47:59.051] Zopka gains Cloak of Shadows from Zopka
[01:47:59.058] Zopka casts Cloak of Shadows

[01:48:00.805] Unknown Noxious Vapors Zopka Miss

[01:48:04.061] Zopka's Cloak of Shadows fades from Zopka
[01:48:05.267] Zopka afflicted by Noxious Vapors
[01:48:06.265] Unknown Noxious Vapors Zopka 88057
[01:48:07.234] Unknown Noxious Vapors Zopka 88057
[01:48:08.284] Unknown Noxious Vapors Zopka 88057
[01:48:09.276] Unknown Noxious Vapors Zopka 88057
[01:48:10.276] Unknown Noxious Vapors Zopka 88057
[01:48:11.284] Unknown Noxious Vapors Zopka 88057

[01:49:40.505] Zopka gains Cloak of Shadows from Zopka
[01:49:40.505] Zopka casts Cloak of Shadows

[01:49:42.581] Unknown Noxious Vapors Zopka Miss

[01:49:45.562] Zopka's Cloak of Shadows fades from Zopka

Edited by nordveien, 30 October 2013 - 02:43 PM.

#93 nordveien

nordveien

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:27 PM

Does Smoke Bomb prevent Magnet pulling effect on Blackfuse? I.e., if you Smoke Bomb, will you remain stationary for the duration?

If not, what's the best way to counter magnetic field (Heroic) if you're about to go into a pipe and don't want to be accidentally pushed off the platform?

Edited by nordveien, 31 October 2013 - 09:47 PM.

#94 Dinth

Dinth

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:23 AM

Does Smoke Bomb prevent Magnet pulling effect on Blackfuse? I.e., if you Smoke Bomb, will you remain stationary for the duration?

If not, what's the best way to counter magnetic field (Heroic) if you're about to go into a pipe and don't want to be accidentally pushed off the platform?

No, it does not.

#95 dommy

dommy

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:40 AM

On the Heroic Garrosh encounter, CoS will also work on the various casts in the intermission phases, as the casts deal shadow damage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users