• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Akumos

Akumos

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:05 AM

So is anyone actually going to be willing to invest thousands of dollars into a game like this to have all the cards? I kind of thought the appeal of an online TCG would be allowing people to build any deck they wanted for cheaper than real life, but it seems to be pretty expensive.

#22 Arxkanite

Arxkanite

Administrator

• ♦ Administrators
  • 104 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:55 AM

fr0d0b0ls0n is probably right. I only purchased 7 packs and was suuuuuuuper lucky to open a Golden Legendary Onyxia.

#23 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11,540 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:58 PM

More helpful info (maybe the same thing he looking at):
Help me get to 1000 Packs Opened. - Forums - Hearthstone

So 1/5/23/71 seems about right. And for now, 2% common gold and 5% other seems like a better guess than 2.5% overall.

e: Also, that changes the average disenchant value of a pack from 93.83 to 98.49. I wonder if it's actually 100.

#24 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11,540 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:59 PM

I also did a simulator btw, I got 515 packs on average for a non-golden collection with these chances. The golden collection was around ~2663, smaller, but it's logical with almost double number of golden legendary/epic/rare.

Did you use the sim from this thread (modified) or something else? Curious that the expected number of packs for a playset went from 492 to 515 with this new info. It should have gone down since the dust value of an average pack went up, and nothing changed about the rarity distribution for non-gold purposes.

One other thing I'll probably mess with once I can play with the sim is how long it takes to get a playset for only one class.

#25 malthrin

malthrin

stalemate associate

• Moderators
  • 9,107 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:32 PM

How are you going to divide up neutral cards? I imagine most people are going to work towards 'one competitive deck' rather than a full set, but it's not clear how many cards that will encompass. Another relevant thing might be non-legendary sets.
Lampkin in EJBSG 28 | Anders in EJBSG 24 | Cavil in EJBSG 20
Boomer in EJBSG 19 | Roslin in EJBSG 17 | Roslin in EJBSG 13 | Roslin in EJBSG 8
MTG Online draft viewer

#26 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11,540 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:51 PM

I figured I'd see how long it takes to get the full neutral set + one class. Could test both for getting any one class, or for one particular predetermined class. And yeah, could also be interesting to see what happens if you ignore legendaries, or assume half the legendaries are constructed unplayable or something.

#27 fr0d0b0ls0n

fr0d0b0ls0n

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:10 AM

Did you use the sim from this thread (modified) or something else? Curious that the expected number of packs for a playset went from 492 to 515 with this new info. It should have gone down since the dust value of an average pack went up, and nothing changed about the rarity distribution for non-gold purposes.

One other thing I'll probably mess with once I can play with the sim is how long it takes to get a playset for only one class.

I use my own simulator coded in Visual Basic (I'm pretty amateur at coding). I don't use a global % tough, the difference is not that big anyway, I'll take another look later.
Follow the Moeko Principle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users