• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 FuxieDK

FuxieDK

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:13 AM

The timer for door #2 have been bothering me for many many weeks.. Atleast 2 months..

Timer runs out, some 5-7 seconds before the door opens, on 10N (don't know if other difficulties have same problem).. Door 1, 3 & 4 seems to have correct timers..

#2 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 945 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:45 AM

All door timers should be identical, i've not noticed anything odd with 2nd door on 25 man. almost sounds like a 10 man bug. Since i never do 10 man i can't look at it without a transcriptor log to see what's going on.

#3 FuxieDK

FuxieDK

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:02 PM

I'll try to remember to log next time..

#4 FuxieDK

FuxieDK

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:41 PM

Here we go --> Horridon10N log

#5 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 945 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:21 AM

From your OWN log

"<55.7 20:21:14> [INSTANCE_ENCOUNTER_ENGAGE_UNIT] Fake Args:#1#1#Horridon
"<72.6 20:21:31> [CHAT_MSG_RAID_BOSS_EMOTE] CHAT_MSG_RAID_BOSS_EMOTE#Farraki forces pour from the Farraki Tribal Door!#War-God Jalak#####0#0##0#2010#nil#0#false#false", -- [9] +17
"<185.9 20:23:25> [CHAT_MSG_RAID_BOSS_EMOTE] CHAT_MSG_RAID_BOSS_EMOTE#Gurubashi forces pour from the Gurubashi Tribal Door!#War-God Jalak#####0#0##0#2029#nil#0#false#false", -- [108] +113.3
"<299.3 20:25:18> [CHAT_MSG_RAID_BOSS_EMOTE] CHAT_MSG_RAID_BOSS_EMOTE#Drakkari forces pour from the Drakkari Tribal Door!#War-God Jalak#####0#0##0#2045#nil#0#false#false", -- [208] +113.3
"<412.7 20:27:11> [CHAT_MSG_RAID_BOSS_EMOTE] CHAT_MSG_RAID_BOSS_EMOTE#Amani forces pour from the Amani Tribal Door!#War-God Jalak#####0#0##0#2062#nil#0#false#false", -- [334] +113.4

in other words, timers are fine, your very own transcriptor log shows timer is dead on and there is nothing special or different about that door. the timer ends exactly when the emote fires. if mobs are a little slow coming out of that door it's cause they walk slow, but the timer does end when it's supposed to, when the door activates and the raid emote fires

#6 FuxieDK

FuxieDK

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:47 AM

From your OWN log

"<55.7 20:21:14> [INSTANCE_ENCOUNTER_ENGAGE_UNIT] Fake Args:#1#1#Horridon
"<72.6 20:21:31> [CHAT_MSG_RAID_BOSS_EMOTE] CHAT_MSG_RAID_BOSS_EMOTE#Farraki forces pour from the Farraki Tribal Door!#War-God Jalak#####0#0##0#2010#nil#0#false#false", -- [9] +17
"<185.9 20:23:25> [CHAT_MSG_RAID_BOSS_EMOTE] CHAT_MSG_RAID_BOSS_EMOTE#Gurubashi forces pour from the Gurubashi Tribal Door!#War-God Jalak#####0#0##0#2029#nil#0#false#false", -- [108] +113.3
"<299.3 20:25:18> [CHAT_MSG_RAID_BOSS_EMOTE] CHAT_MSG_RAID_BOSS_EMOTE#Drakkari forces pour from the Drakkari Tribal Door!#War-God Jalak#####0#0##0#2045#nil#0#false#false", -- [208] +113.3
"<412.7 20:27:11> [CHAT_MSG_RAID_BOSS_EMOTE] CHAT_MSG_RAID_BOSS_EMOTE#Amani forces pour from the Amani Tribal Door!#War-God Jalak#####0#0##0#2062#nil#0#false#false", -- [334] +113.4

in other words, timers are fine, your very own transcriptor log shows timer is dead on and there is nothing special or different about that door. the timer ends exactly when the emote fires. if mobs are a little slow coming out of that door it's cause they walk slow, but the timer does end when it's supposed to, when the door activates and the raid emote fires

I can only say, the emotes must be off, because the timers are WAY OFF..

From the time e.g. door 2 timer reach zero, it takes ATLEAST 5 seconds before the door actually open, and 1-2 seconds extra before the adds spawn.

#7 FuxieDK

FuxieDK

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:58 PM

I just did a LFR to test, and it's the same symptom.. Door opens 5 seconds after timer.

I did a "/w Raluf timer" when timer expired and a "/w Raluf door" when the door actually opens. Emote fires at the same time. According to logs, all my timer-tells happen approx ½ sec after the emote (eye -> Brain -> finger lag).
5 seconds later, the door open and I do the door-tell..

I missed door #1, but door #2, #3 and #4 was all opened 5 seconds after timer (and emote).

First set of adds (for each door), appears 2 sec after door opens.

HorridonLFRlog

#8 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 945 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:12 PM

Regardless, the timer is for emote. if adds come out slowly that's not a bug. The timers are correct, the door ACTIVATES when timer ends, not "first set of adds come out" when timer ends.

#9 FuxieDK

FuxieDK

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:45 PM

Regardless, the timer is for emote. if adds come out slowly that's not a bug. The timers are correct, the door ACTIVATES when timer ends, not "first set of adds come out" when timer ends.

No, emote fires, when timer ends..
Door activate 5 seconds after emote..
First adds spawn 2 seconds after door open..

Since timer says "Next tribal door" (or is it gate?), it's very confusing, that the timer doesn't refect when the door actually opens.

#10 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 945 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:20 PM

It doesn't say "opens". It's when next tribal door activates. It means you should be in position at that door at that point because adds are incoming soon. Not "ADDS NOW". Il'l just reword timer more if need be.

Trying to make a timer for when adds are attackable would mean 4 custom timers instead of 1 static timer, plus a complete change from how mod has worked for like 6 months now. Very little value in changing how mod works on a tier that's one week from irrelevance.

#11 FuxieDK

FuxieDK

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:40 AM

It's not the adds that is problematic, it's just the doors.

It's unlogical that timer says a door open at a given time, when it infact doesn't open, until 5 sec later. You loose time, dps'ing adds/boss, when you rush to position (based on timer), and then stand by the gate, starig at a closed door for 5 extra seconds, simply because emote fires 5 sec before the door actually opens.

As I see it,the timer should reach zero, the instant the door physically opens.

#12 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 945 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:39 AM

again, NO WHERE does it say that's when door opens. you are adding "open" where it isn't present. It says "Next Tribal Door" because that's what it is. WHen the emote goes off it means the door has activated and you should be at that door by then. If you change a timer to be for when it opens or when adds come out, then it's changing the behavior of mod that's already been a certain way for 6 months. Some use that timer as a queue on when to move knowing about that delay, what if it were to be changed and next thing they know they are caught out of position. It makes no sense to change it. I feel the timer message is pretty clear. I'd add "Activates" to it but then the timer would be too long.

#13 FuxieDK

FuxieDK

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:41 AM

Every "Next xxx" timer in DBM warns of an impending action, but "Next Tribal Door" warns about.... NOTHING, because nothing happens (except an emote) once the timer expires.. However, you just stand there, ready to be ready, for 5 seconds, wasting precious dps-time, doing nothing..

If the "Next Tribal Door" expired at the exact time, the door opens (regardless of emote), then you still have ~2 seconds, until the first adds pour out, making it much more logical..

#14 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 945 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:41 AM

The emote is a readycheck. it's a "are you in position by next door. Is horridon's ass facing a good direction. has the raid gotten setup for those adds. the emote is relevant because that's when you want to be setup. It is absolutely a positional "move to the next door" timer.
Do not forget also, that all of the important adds have their own timers. The only thing that comes out of door about 5 seconds in are the irrelevant adds you just cleave down anyways. Every major add has it's own timer and spawn warning at precise spawn time.

To me the timer is perfect as is. Most of the time your suggestions are good and are added. However, we disagree on this one and my answer is final so this topic is being locked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users