• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 anafielle

anafielle

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:30 PM

There are a bunch of things which I have learned over the last couple hours (and beta tests) which have greatly improved my leveling experience, really minor stuff that I learned from asking friends in vent. I was going to mention this stuff in the launch thread but actually a new one would be more organized.

So let's use this thread to share these tricks, so everyone can benefit instead of figuring out 4 beta tests in that you don't actually have to drag items.... :)

• Do your hunting quests as you level. (default keybind to pull up your Hunting Log is "H")
  • When you have to "turn in" an item, you don't need to go find it in your bag and drag it over. Just right click it in the dialogue!
  • You can still get loot (and exp) off mobs someone else has tagged.
  • To type in a linkshell, push "/l1" instead of "/1" as you might expect.
  • "/Shout" is actually the equivalent of a wow's general chat; it's different from /yell.
  • Mobs you need for a quest have a little "sun" icon over them, and mobs you need for hunting log have a little swirly icon.
I'll add to these as I remember more.

Sacred Duty :: Final Boss TV :: @Anafielle
<Something Wicked> - 8/14 HM 25m - W/Th/Sun 8-12 CST LF dps - www.somethingwickedguild.com

#2 Starfire

Starfire

Blackfire too!

• Members
  • 3,120 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:51 PM

Set a favored destination. In fact, you can set up to three. It'll reduce the costs of teleport to that location by 50%.

The loot/exp/credit for tagging is either 30% damage or 10% damage if there's more than 8 people tagging it (supposedly on the latter).

Might be a good place to put this too, after level 15 quest, setting your Return point to Vesper Bay or Horizon isn't a terribly bad idea since you constantly need to go there.

Everyone should start from the same place and rise based on their abilities, desires, and schedule. No one plays MMOs to *be* powerful, they play MMOs to *become* powerful. It's the journey, stupid. The rarer loot is, the more cherished it is when you get it, but only so long as there is a reasonable expectation to get it. The rarer loot is, the better it feels when you kill a boss or when $AWESOME_TRINKET drops.

#3 Ochiba

Ochiba

Oatmeal Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:31 PM

Im having a blast so far. It's great being able to play this on my PS3 too instead of hunched over a computer.

Since we're undergoing maintenance to fix instance issues, I'm going to leave a link to this comprehensive beginner's guide here.

Final Fantasy XIV: Ultimate Beginner's Guide | FFXIV ARR Forum - Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

#4 Starfire

Starfire

Blackfire too!

• Members
  • 3,120 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:26 PM

Rather than make a new thread for an FAQ or something, also recommend these two tidbits:

The quest to dye gear is level 15 in Vesper Bay (Western Thanalan, direct connection to Limsa as well via boat). You need orange juice. Orange juice can be bought (Alehouse) or made via culinary.

For the level 5 quests you most likely will need to buy a pair of pants from the vendor. My theory is the quest was made to introduce players to the vendors.

e:
You get trout from the Fishmonger in the top of Limsa. You can get lentils soup from the Culinary vendor in Gridania as well.

Everyone should start from the same place and rise based on their abilities, desires, and schedule. No one plays MMOs to *be* powerful, they play MMOs to *become* powerful. It's the journey, stupid. The rarer loot is, the more cherished it is when you get it, but only so long as there is a reasonable expectation to get it. The rarer loot is, the better it feels when you kill a boss or when $AWESOME_TRINKET drops.

#5 Chyler

Chyler

Wait... I'm confussed...

• Allied Members
  • 385 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:20 AM

Save up 10-15 levequest allowances for when you do your chocobo quest. I know the GC Levequests at the Hawthorn hut are quick, easy, and very close to the guy passing them out, and it took very little time to get 2000 seals. (I am not sure how much of a penalty you get for not being an Adder and doing them at the Hawthorn Hut, but as an Adder it took me 13 allowances to get 2100 seals.)

I didn't say you were ugly, just unattractive.

Please do not fake this entry to be cute. We don't like cute.

#6 Starfire

Starfire

Blackfire too!

• Members
  • 3,120 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:38 PM

Halatali alone will get you at least 800 seals (because of hunting logs), you can just do that and continue to save your allowances for Land and Hand professions if you want.

#7 kasik047

kasik047

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 493 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:27 PM

Halatali alone will get you at least 800 seals (because of hunting logs), you can just do that and continue to save your allowances for Land and Hand professions if you want.

I second this, hunting logs and fates got me about 3k before I finished the log, easily enough for chocobo.

until I got home and was trying to figure out why I looked like I had been kissing the Tin Man all morning.

#8 Twid

Twid

WildStar Shill

• Members
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:09 PM

If you're looking for places to FATE grind, here is a set of maps listing all the level ranges for the areas.

Final Fantasy XIV ARR Comprehensive Cartography by nakomaru

Get you some purple drank and slow yo roll.

#9 Maestroquark

Maestroquark

What Would You Have Me Do?

• Members
  • 3,818 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:01 PM

A macro like this is handy when crafting the generic items (Maple Lumber, Leather Ball, etc). Quick Synthesis seems to cut the XP in half and doesn't improve quality (cutting XP even more).

/ac "Basic Touch" <me>
/wait 3
/ac "Basic Touch" <me>
/wait 3
/ac "Basic Touch" <me>
/wait 3
/ac "Master's Mend" <me>
/wait 3
/ac "Basic Touch" <me>
/wait 3
/ac "Basic Synthesis" <me>

EJBSG 32 - Apollo
EJBSG 27 - Cally; EJBSG 22 - DeeBaltar; EJBSG 20 - Tory; EJBSG 19 - Leoben; EJBSG 14 - Helo; EJBSG 12 - Starbuck

#10 boberino

boberino

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:01 PM

A side note, make sure the Halatali GC Hunting Log mobs WILL NOT complete the log level for you. If you are level synced, it will kill your xp from the total completion. I missed out on about 8000xp because of this.

#11 fantasyamy

fantasyamy

Glass Joe

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:37 AM

According to the official news, players can recruit a friend in Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. As players, you can not only enjoy more interesting context in Eorzea but also obtain rich rewards. .
How to Recruit a Friend
There are three steps for you to recruit a friend.
ffxiv-arr-003.jpg

To gain rich rewards
Recruiting a friend, you are able to gain rich rewards as well as your friends in the game.
ffxiv-arr-001.jpg
  • shellyann likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users