5 replies to this topic

#1 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:06 PM

Every raid has "General Chat". This is the raid /1. Basically, this is the raiding small talk/questions area. All general questions and discussion should be dumped here. Recount spam need not apply.

#2 finnmaccool

finnmaccool

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:10 PM

I have a question about HC lockouts.
If 10 players do 3 bosses HC - can they then split into 2 raids (adding 10 more players that ofc are not saved to ANY HC bosses), each raid continue doing boss 4+ as HC?

Above is in the same week... but what about with extending lockout?
case = 10 players do 8 bosses in first week. Raid week ends.
Player A from that 10 man extends his/the lockout, invites more people and kills 12 bosses HC.
can Player B from the same last week lockout as Player A, also extend their/the lockout and continue with different people from the 9TH boss HC after Player A has extended and killed more bosses?

#3 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:19 AM

No. Once you do ANY boss on heroic, it becomes a singular lockout everyone is saved to with same ID.

#4 Sonrisa

Sonrisa

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:05 PM

Once upon a time EJ boards where the best place for discussing strategy and out of the box ideas for current raid encounters, it was the forum where I found the inspiration for a strategy (amongst many other cool strategies) that allowed us to breeze through classic Nefarian by having me spam Battle Shout on 4 hunters and their pets, AoEing both doors with ease due to massive threat. When ICC came, it was forbidden to speak about the current raid strategies and tactis, in the spirit of not interfeering with "the race" and not spoiling encounter discovery for others. Being able to talk and read about different ways to tackle boss abilities and some of the crazy ideas some guilds pulled off was the reason I joined these boards in the first place and was sad and dissapointed to see it go. Is this forum intended as a return of such a thing? Will there be a thread to discuss overall strategy and different ways to aproach a fight? As a raid leader and mechanics enthusiasts, I would very much enjoy it.

#5 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:55 PM

The internet is very different now. Strategy is everywhere. You can already find tons of guides from Siege of Org with just a google search as well as many kill videos.

While I'm sure some rules will be about like not discussing bosses the top guilds are currently racing on or not releasing videos until x guilds killed it and what not. That's between those guilds and I'm sure they'll be policing that within their members and we'll of course help in any way we can.

The site discussing strategy though, seems like a sound idea to me as long as it remains constructive and presentable.

#6 saboya

saboya

Faceroller

• Members
  • 550 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:13 PM

Raid lockout explained:

LFR and Flex do not have boos lockout, as in you can kill any boss any amount of times every week. However you can only loot a boss once per week. Once you loot a boss, you are unable to loot the same boss until the next reset.

Normal boss kills are saved per character. Which means that once you kill a certain boss, you cannot kill it again until the next reset. However, since you are not tied to a Raid ID, you can leave and join raids freely to kill the remaining bosses for you, in normal mode.

Heroic boss attempts tie your character to a Raid ID. A character can only be associated with 1 Raid ID per reset. Once your character is tied to that Raid ID, you cannot enter another heroic mode group until the next reset.

Hope it clears it up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users