• This topic is locked This topic is locked
69 replies to this topic

#61 aylen86

aylen86

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:33 PM

Regarding builds: Try a haste/control build, primarily stacking haste after reaching hit and expertise cap. ShoR-uptime and dps should go up which also means smoother incoming damage. Your strength/stamina/haste-thing looks really akward.

Regarding glyphs (dps-wise):

Glyph of Focused Shield (singletarget encounter) > Glyph of Word of Glory = Glyph of Holy Wrath

Execution Sentence also contributes to more dps in a singletarget fight then Light's Hammer. Use your CD's (Avenging Wrath/Holy Avenger) when you are taunting and then burn the boss. After that there really is not much you can do because high vengeance is the determing factor for tank dps.

Edited by aylen86, 22 November 2013 - 02:34 PM.

#62 Trueblade

Trueblade

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:20 PM

Sorry if it's a little off topic, I've been away from the forums for a bit. Regarding the T16 2-piece bonus of Healing for 75% of dmg taken while DP is up. Has anyone tested to confirm is that is before or after mitigation? I'm wondering for the sake of Effective Healing you get based on when you use it/is it glyphed or not. I understand that even if it's not glyphed it will still take into account physical dmg dealt to you while it was up, but the magic dmg you were dealt while it was up will either heal you for how much you would have taken without it up, or the amount you did take after 40% reduction. If the amount of the heal is based on dmg take after mitigation (Which I suspect based on the wording of the effect) then it may be better to keep it glyphed for fights like Lie Shi or Immersus where you know you will take a lot of Magic dmg. Of course only do this if you healers know what's going on, and you know you will survive Corrosive Blast/that 12th stack of rushing waters or whatever.  This will make you take more damage from the initial hit, but also heal more of it back up after.

#63 Theck

Theck

Don Flamenco

• • Guide Author
  • 303 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:01 PM

It uses post-mitigation damage. Absorbed damage does count towards the amount, however (i.e. Sacred Shield would not diminish the healing amount).

#64 Vatikin

Vatikin

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:08 PM

Is the tier 16 4 set bonus worth getting?  I have Warforged shoulders and Warforged legs that I could be using, but I just recently got my 4 set tier bonus, so I've been using the tier. I just don't know though, because the warforged gear has so much haste on it. Is the 4 set worth forgoing the warforged haste gear? I tank 10 man Normals, just killed Garrosh for the first time last week. Looking to start Heroic progression soonish.

Edited by Vatikin, 05 December 2013 - 10:20 PM.

#65 Akawa

Akawa

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:27 AM

Is the tier 16 4 set bonus worth getting?  I have Warforged shoulders and Warforged legs that I could be using, but I just recently got my 4 set tier bonus, so I've been using the tier. I just don't know though, because the warforged gear has so much haste on it. Is the 4 set worth forgoing the warforged haste gear? I tank 10 man Normals, just killed Garrosh for the first time last week. Looking to start Heroic progression soonish.

I can't say how good the 4 set is from a numbers perspective but for me the convenience it provides is invaluable. It basically decouples my EF usage from my Holy Power which allows me to time my SotR with damage without worrying that I might need to refresh my EF or use is as an emergency cooldown very soon. It might be a personal preference (and a bad choice) but I chose to tank with a flex tier helm and LFR tier gloves over a normal off-tier helm and even heroic gloves. It was just so much smoother for me that it allowed me to focus on mechanics better.

The direct heal part of EF can be quite significant at high-ish vengeance levels - I've had >700k ones at Juggernaut HC, so being able to delay that until the moment I will need it without disrupting my SotR rhythm has been quite helpful.

#66 Wrathblood

Wrathblood

Don Flamenco

• • Guide Author
  • 368 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:47 PM

Ballpark, optimally used t16p4 provides a flat +10% ShoR uptime increase and very roughly +5% dps.  Matching this with stats takes about 4k mastery and 4k haste.  Obviously this is pretty rough because if you're already at decently high gear levels and stacking Haste, adding +10% ShoR uptime would take a GIGANTIC and unreachable amount of additional Haste which would give you far more than +5% dps.  That's why I included the Mastery for damage reduction and smoothing purposes.  It doesn't accomplish the exact same thing but it gets you to a roughly comparable result.  Anyway, it gives you a ballpark idea.  

In terms of ilevels, it is almost worth it to swap 4 pieces of 553 non-tier gear for 4 pieces of identically itemized 540 tier gear purely to pick up our t16p4 bonus.  Adding in our 2 piece bonus makes it a no brainer.  Its that good.

Edited by Wrathblood, 11 December 2013 - 08:49 PM.

#67 Theck

Theck

Don Flamenco

• • Guide Author
  • 303 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:48 AM

And all of that is ignoring the huge benefit it gives to survivability through EF.

#68 Wrathblood

Wrathblood

Don Flamenco

• • Guide Author
  • 368 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:24 AM

You mean via DP procs from early EF refreshes when you hit 5 HoPo?

#69 Theck

Theck

Don Flamenco

• • Guide Author
  • 303 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:01 PM

No, I think that's covered by your SotR uptime comment. I mean in flexibilty by allowing EF to be used/refreshed somewhat independent of Holy Power. Being able to use SotR and EF within the same GCD period is really strong to recover from a large spike.

#70 Veyloris

Veyloris

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:39 AM

Ballpark, optimally used t16p4 provides a flat +10% ShoR uptime increase and very roughly +5% dps.  Matching this with stats takes about 4k mastery and 4k haste.  Obviously this is pretty rough because if you're already at decently high gear levels and stacking Haste, adding +10% ShoR uptime would take a GIGANTIC and unreachable amount of additional Haste which would give you far more than +5% dps.  That's why I included the Mastery for damage reduction and smoothing purposes.  It doesn't accomplish the exact same thing but it gets you to a roughly comparable result.  Anyway, it gives you a ballpark idea.  

In terms of ilevels, it is almost worth it to swap 4 pieces of 553 non-tier gear for 4 pieces of identically itemized 540 tier gear purely to pick up our t16p4 bonus.  Adding in our 2 piece bonus makes it a no brainer.  Its that good.

Theck recently did a very informative blog post about this, btw. It seems like your estimate is about accurate.

http://www.sacreddut...-value-of-4t16/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users