Photo

Unholy DPS 5.4 - The Fun has been Doubled!

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Tartersawce

Tartersawce

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:06 AM

Unholy Might now 35%, could this mean that unholy could be on par with frost now?

#22 Babysealkllr

Babysealkllr

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:46 AM

Will this 10% strength buff readjust the gemming suggestion of going straight secondary on some gems to going back to strength?

#23 Magdalena

Magdalena

Heroic Class of Heroism

• • Guide Author
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:30 PM

Will this 10% strength buff readjust the gemming suggestion of going straight secondary on some gems to going back to strength?

No. Strength's value did go up, but the increased amount of Strength thanks to this buff also makes secondary stats that much more valuable.

Death Knight Blog

Personal Blog

<Magdalena> There's really no way to say "There's a two hour long video of me on the Internet", without it sounding dirty is there?

<Mionepony> Especially not if it's you...

#24 Dopplemaster

Dopplemaster

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:14 PM

I was sticking to a balance build with priority on crit, then haste and mast in close values -with BT and PL- with no major problems about the gcd capping, besides large haste buff stacking -like lust and T16 2p-. But I ran a simulation comparative with a build Crit>mastery>haste build and it outperforms my current like about 7k dps in single target. Although, seeing logs, noted that lot of the best ranked unholy dks are using it, i was playing blood last tier so i'm not updated about what's better to unholy. What do you think of this build stacking crit and mastery to high levels and leaving haste at 5-6k?

#25 widgee

widgee

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:56 AM

I've looked this thread over pretty well and I can't find any specifics on the value of 4 piece tier bonus for unholy. I've been running four piece since early in this tier and have passed on serveral off pieces thinking that it would be a dps loss to drop set bonus. Heroic chest and glove tier have been easy for us to farm so my question is at what item lvl is it worth it to drop set bonus for increased item lvl, and what is the dps gain from 4 piece? And while we're at it does anyone have some input on when mastery catches up or gets closer to the value of crit? My dk is Hordpain on Illidan .

Edited by widgee, 12 February 2014 - 08:10 PM.

#26 Angelhearth

Angelhearth

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:52 PM

I found that 2-set bonus is ok, but not so for the 4-set bonus.

#27 Virtuousone

Virtuousone

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:12 AM

With the new x4 upgrades when I ran sims I've found 4 piece pulling ahead of current BiS. I mix and matched different pieces and the highest sim I came out with was 404765. Thats using 4pieces w/ legplates of unthinking strife has off. Thats also getting a 20% haste soft cap.

The simmed BiS on this site gave me 401442 w/ the haste soft cap and 397633 without the haste. I may be mistaken but has anyone else ran sims and found a new bis?

Edited by Virtuousone, 04 June 2014 - 10:12 AM.

#28 Mendenbarr

Mendenbarr

Oh, I never leave home without my party cannon.

• • Guide Author
  • 179 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:40 PM

My BiS list is probably a % or 2 off, due to both the time investment in further trying to optimize a set of gear, and the difficulty in editing this post. In fact, I believe it's doing more harm than good. I'm just going to straight up remove it. 

<Midwinter> - 14/14 HM -25m - LF exceptional raiders
http://www.mwguild.net/
DK Theorycrafting/Game Dev Blog
DK Gear/log reviews/audits

#29 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 884 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:42 PM

http://forums.elitis...tml_editor.html