• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Officemax

Officemax

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:33 PM

Can you add an alert for when you are targetted by Sha Sear from Sun Tenderheart on the Fallen Protector's Encounter?

#2 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 769 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:54 PM

She spams that, does knowing that target really help at all? it's just inconsequential damage from what is aw on normal and heroic testing and normal mode kill this week.

Do you want to know when you are target of it as she's casting it to try and immune it? Or are you looking to be alerted after you get debuff?

#3 marcackermann86

marcackermann86

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:45 PM

I think the main issue is during Rook's desperate measures. When stacking for inferno strike it can be very hard to see who has the beam. I think a /say "Sha Sear on <Player Name>" would make it easier for people to notice when they are being targeted by it.

#4 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 769 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:53 PM

Requested changes made.

#5 Blazeflack

Blazeflack

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:02 PM

During our heroic attempts last night we didn't see a single /say from people affected by Sha Shear.

Was this feature removed in 5.4.3 or is it bugged? The option is still in the GUI, it just doesn't seem to do anything.

#6 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 769 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:35 PM

Bugged, I just fixed it. a bad sorrowActive flag was there.

#7 everymistake

everymistake

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:30 PM

Attempted this boss on Heroic mode last night, none of the new Sha Sear notifications work.. Half of our raid plays on a laptop/older computer and we can hardly see the beam on low settings. I know that's our fault but Rook's desperate measure phase would be a joke if these features were online. She doesn't target players that are affected by the ability either.. so unless you can actually see the beam you cannot know who is being targeted by it.. Would be awesome if this was fixed =D thanks

#8 everymistake

everymistake

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:31 PM

We tried restarting, redownloading, and turning off all Sha Sear DBM abilities except one at a time, only one that worked was the range finder but that doesn't tell you who it's being cast on.. so sadly none of the 3 I believe are active. 

#9 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 769 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:55 PM

Are you using the ALPHA? this is not fixed in regular release, it's fixed in alpha.

#10 everymistake

everymistake

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:05 PM

Alpha? Could you give me a link please? I couldn't find.. I use regular. I'll look in to it after class.. Sorry for the confusion.. Never heard of this

#11 everymistake

everymistake

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:06 PM

Okay I found and downloaded.. Will this work with curse or do I need the desktop manager to continually update? And to use should I delete current Regular DBM files and replace with Alpha?

Edited by everymistake, 23 October 2013 - 11:08 PM.

#12 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 769 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:07 PM

We keep a running log of what bugs have been found in latest version here:
http://forums.elitis...updated-102113/

The numbers next to the bug list what revision the bug is fixed in. That revision refers to an alpha or test version of upcoming release. These versions are available for download at all times from here:
http://forums.elitis...adly-boss-mods/

They are listed under "alpha versions". You can also get alphas of curse by setting it to download alpha versions of dbm as well within your curse client settings.

Our own updater also supports alpha versions if you change the setting, although this may trigger curse client to think dbm is "out of date" all the time since the two updaters have no way of really communicating with one another. If you use both updaters, set curse client to ignore DBM installs.

#13 everymistake

everymistake

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:14 PM

Thanks I will post on guild website =] If I have anymore questions I'll post on here. Really appreciate it

#14 everymistake

everymistake

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:52 AM

Last question, is Alpha version stable for addons? Or is it just a rough patch until the finished changes are released? I'm really just wondering why it's not included in the regular releases or why there are Release, Beta and Alpha categories. Or is it merely requred updates that couldn't wait for the finished release?

Edited by everymistake, 24 October 2013 - 03:53 AM.

#15 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 769 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:05 AM

Alpha is generally stable. It's just updated very frequently as i raid or others report bugs such as yourself. I tag a release every week or two to push fixes to general public but anyone is recommended to use alphas if they are cutting edge or want to help us make sure next release doesn't have such bugs :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users