• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 acidskeets

acidskeets

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:42 PM

I'll include sections of the IBF glyph and AMZ for Malkorok, though I'd caution 25 man raiders from taking the same route. This is because, given a larger roster for 25s, it is likely that more adept melee such as Rogues can fully handle puddle soaking and thus it is is better to focus on personal survivability and DPS.

Just to clarify. On Malkorok, I was talking about soaking the Imploding Energy's on the ground, not the debuff players get called Displaced Energy. AMS, AMZ, and Glyphed IBF are good cds for both of those abilities though.

#22 xtrl90

xtrl90

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:24 PM

For further clarification, Magdalena was saying that rogues do the soaking job with Feint on no cooldown better than a DK. This is because an AMS soak will deal 112,500.00 but will not be available for the next Imploding Energy so if you use IBF you will take 360,000.00 dmg or amz you will take 270,000.00. So I would assert that you not even bother using IBF to soak and instead save it for Blood rage phase to reduce the dmg taken or incase a seismic slam is under you.*

Where as the rogue will take 225,000.00 dmg every time they feint it and even less than a DK could ever absorb if they use Cloak of Skill. Even in as small a set as two spell casts they have taken less damage. The upshot here is that since the rogue in my group is dedicated soaker, I have a shot to beat him on dmg meters if I don't screw up.

* I did also want to suggest here that its potentially useful to glyph Glyph of Path of Frost - Spell - World of Warcraft for the knock up, but my logs haven't been uploaded so I can't confirm if it reduces the damage.

#23 MagdalenaDK

MagdalenaDK

Celestial Pony

• • Guide Author
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

Added more to the Spoils of Pandaria section, and hopefully I'll have more information about Thok come Sunday. I'd love to flesh out the Siegecrafter and Paragons section further as well; I'd especially appreciate insight from DKs that have had extensive platform experience on Heroic Siegecrafter.

#24 BoomBeef

BoomBeef

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:00 PM

N/m can't verify with my own logs about Mogu Shadow Ritualist buff.

#25 MagdalenaDK

MagdalenaDK

Celestial Pony

• • Guide Author
  • 90 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:24 AM

N/m can't verify with my own logs about Mogu Shadow Ritualist buff.

I tested your claim extensively tonight and can conclusively say that it was, unfortunately, incorrect: The Shadow Ritualist buff cannot be copied.

I also wanted to note that there's been some confusion as to whether Thok's bats on Heroic are susceptible to Gorefiend's Grasp and Remorseless Winter. After more testing tonight, the answer turns out to be "Yes" to Gorefiend's, and "No" to Remorseless.

#26 Uspoonybard

Uspoonybard

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:34 PM

These aren't explicitly defined so I figured I'd throw them out there.

Some tips for blood:

Immerseus: corrosive blast can be absorbed by ams

Protectors: glyph of IBF and desecrated ground can be used to break rook's fists (either for extra dps on the bosses or for if you're tanking a bunch of sun's adds).

Norushen: can avoid a stack of self doubt with ams

iron juggernaut: can push higher stacks of tank debuff with ams, stack blood shields before soaking mines to make it do virtually nothing.

Shamans: soak bolt from Kardis with ams or use to mitigate aura damage from blobs whenever they come out to help get slows or dps them down

Nazgrim: (applies to all) been playing with this for a while and haven't seen any extra fury generated, but probably needs to be tested more, we can soak his heroic leap lines with ams for extra rp.

Malkorok: death pact when pulling (whenever debuff is applied) to get large shield right away.

Thok: after first phase of tanking thok his stacks of the particular cone he puts on you thereafter can be avoided with ams, allows for pretty easy one tanking of thok also.

Siegecrafter: can ams soak electrostatic charges, best used whenever at higher stacks.

Paragons: IF you get caustic blood stacks you can ams for rp.

Garrosh: you can ams annihilate whenever in other phase, if you time it right can go for two.

#27 MagdalenaDK

MagdalenaDK

Celestial Pony

• • Guide Author
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:42 PM

Going to hold off on updating this spreadsheet till a few formatting issues caused by the move to new boards have been resolved. Rest assured, the spreadsheet will be updated when the forum is ready.

#28 MagdalenaDK

MagdalenaDK

Celestial Pony

• • Guide Author
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

Edit: Spoke too soon. Formatting issues are still very much around. 

#29 Uspoonybard

Uspoonybard

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:02 PM

Someone asked me a question on the Garrosh soak so I'll clarify a little bit. You ams right before he casts it to soak up the general aoe that comes with the conal attack he does. You do not actually stand in the cone, you'll probably be one shot if ya do.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users