3 replies to this topic

#1 Geekboy

Geekboy

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:14 PM

Hey there.

Long time DBM user, first time poster. I'm familiar with programming but not with LUA and WoW addons.

My question is: Is it possible for other addons to see if there's and active DBM timer or a countdown? Could it monitor if a player in the raid sets a pull timer and retrieve the timer/count? If so, can you point me in the right direction.

All help is appreciated. Thanks.

#2 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 764 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:45 PM

It's easy to listen to dbm pull timers yes. The code is pretty straight forward in dbm core. Just look at the lua and you should be able to interpret lua if you have any language familiarity. Just do a search for "PT"

#3 Geekboy

Geekboy

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:42 PM

Hey Mystical, thanks for your quick reply.

I had already gone through the DBM Core code and found out that I could get various information from it. I was practicing by letting my addon write out the default dbm configs, just to get the feel. I also found the "PT" call, and then got stuck and decided to post here.

This is how far I got.
1. Slash commands checks if the action is "pull"
2. Calls the sendSync function and passes it the timer and mapID.
3. syncHandlers["PT"] is called and passes the timer variable and mapID

My thought is:
1. Isn't the timer variable local?
2. How can I watch/listen if the slash command or the syncHandlers["PT"] is called?

#4 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 764 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:59 PM

It's a standard com message. All addons use same coms API. You register DBMs addon prefix, and then listen for the right sync. The timer is variable, and it's sent variable in the sync. I think your best bet is to find a book or guide on wow addons to get down the basics. Intercepting a DBM pull timer is about 2 minutes worth of work, but you have to know how addon comms work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users