Monitoring pull timer
Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:14 PM
Long time DBM user, first time poster. I'm familiar with programming but not with LUA and WoW addons.
My question is: Is it possible for other addons to see if there's and active DBM timer or a countdown? Could it monitor if a player in the raid sets a pull timer and retrieve the timer/count? If so, can you point me in the right direction.
All help is appreciated. Thanks.
Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:45 PM
Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:42 PM
I had already gone through the DBM Core code and found out that I could get various information from it. I was practicing by letting my addon write out the default dbm configs, just to get the feel. I also found the "PT" call, and then got stuck and decided to post here.
This is how far I got.
1. Slash commands checks if the action is "pull"
2. Calls the sendSync function and passes it the timer and mapID.
3. syncHandlers["PT"] is called and passes the timer variable and mapID
My thought is:
1. Isn't the timer variable local?
2. How can I watch/listen if the slash command or the syncHandlers["PT"] is called?
Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:59 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users