• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 FuxieDK

FuxieDK

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:09 AM

I think we have all seen Ordos, Galleon or whatever worldboss, already been engaged, and we rush to get to the fight, reaching the boss at 2% health, spamming a single ranged attack, which hits makes DBM think we just started the fight, but 3 seconds after the boss is dead..
This yields a new record Victory... YAY...

However, in all future attempts, Record Victory is a 3 (or whatever small number) sec timer, and thus faily useless..

Since a kill when a boss is at such low Health isn't "a real kill", how about omitting it from statistics, or atleast not storing the time?
Maybe time should only be saved, if you are in it from 100%?

I hope this makes sense, because it's 4 in the morning and I'm on my way to bed ;)

#2 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 778 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:20 AM

It is omitted from statistics. It only records statistics for world bosses that were not engaged in progress. You're requesting a feature that was added in like 5.2.

If you engage a boss that's in progress

1. it displays a different message letting you know this.
2. It disables combat start timers since it's obviously not a true fresh pull
3. It disables record victory timer
4. It does not record kill time, it simply says "boss down after x time" but nothing more. No time is recorded.

If you are seeing bad record timers on bosses, it's because you engaged them fresh, but the record time data you have is from like wow 5.0 or 5.1 before the above changes were made. Just dump your DBM-Pandaria.lua saved variables to get rid of that.

#3 FuxieDK

FuxieDK

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:43 AM

Well.... In that case, it's not working then, as my Ordos record is 10 seconds, and he wasn't in DBM until v5.4.. As you probably also know, I always stay up to date with Alphas, so it can't even be blamed on old files..

Posted Image
It's pretty clear that you cannot kill Ordos in 10 seconds. Not even using the Gulp Frog cheat (which have been hotfixed), can you get below 23 seconds..

#4 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 778 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:00 AM

Don't know what to tell you. I'm looking right at the code, that should never happen, nor have I ever seen it happen. It records no times for world bosses engaged that weren't at above 98% health.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users