Photo

Impressions

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Poll: Impressions (83 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you be playing Warlords of Draenor?

1. Yes (81 votes [97.59%])

Percentage of vote: 97.59%

2. No (2 votes [2.41%])

Percentage of vote: 2.41%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Arxkanite

Arxkanite

Administrator

• ♦ Administrators
  • 138 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:33 PM

Talk about your impressions of the new expansion announcement. Will you be picking up this expansion?

#2 Arxkanite

Arxkanite

Administrator

• ♦ Administrators
  • 138 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:34 PM

Despite my hatred of Pandaria, I might pick up the this expansion. I'm pretty excited to get back to a more wow feeling game.

#3 Solodrow1

Solodrow1

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:22 PM

I know I am definitely looking forward to the new expac.  I also can't stand the whole Panda thing, and felt they were getting away from the real lore and feel of what the game had been about.  I think they chose to go in this next direction to help bolster the diminishing player base and hopefully get back some of the people who had left.  Many people are very nostalgic when it comes to Burning Crusade and I think they are aiming at trying to get those players back with a semi BC 2.0 reboot.

I also really like the concept of the garrison ideas. Maybe eventually we will have a guild housing feature as well. 

#4 Lilija

Lilija

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • LocationCzÄ™stochowa POLAND

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:02 PM

Things that were annouced so far made me far more excited for WoD than the annoucement of MoP did. And I still enjoyed MoP a lot (it turned out as quite a solid expantion). I think that things that excite me the most are more less in this order:

- All things that are supposed to free my bag space! As I play the same toon since Vanilla I'm really low on bag space.

- Garrisons. I never really expected any kind of housing in WoW but so far it sound really exciting. I've already chosen I'll place mine in Shadowmoon ;)

- 20man Mythic mode. As a 25man raiding I was said to see the bigger raid size in decline. Really hope the whole new raiding model will bring some new blood into raiding making recruitment less of a nightmare.

#5 Relmesh

Relmesh

Von Kaiser

• Guild Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:14 AM

Yeah, excited for WoD and 20-man Myrhic raids. Looking forward to the new tertiary stats and odd builds/playstyles that will arise from them. I was a little disappointed at the item squish (I like big numbers) and the fact that some skill is removed from play (DoT Snapshotting, Reforging...), but I am confident Blizzard will keep it skillful at the top. With such a larger breadth of mechanics and tuning possibilities afforded to one single raid size for the hardest difficulty, I can foresee some intensely hard content up ahead. Going to draenor is cool, its like outland-- but not! ..Whatever, its still outland. Awesome. 

Your friendly neighborhood Warlock! Everybody gets one, Healthstone or Soulstone? Your choice! Although I certainly hope its the Healthstone...

#6 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:04 AM

Yes. The biggest thing I look forward to is the return of raid mechanics not hindered by 10 mans. 10 mans have gotten in the way of creativity for too long. It's time to get back to some really creative stuff like making the warlock tank two bosses using enslave demon to control one and use it to tank the other. Or other similar gimmick's we can finally utilize without the whole "But but, 10 man".

#7 Ston

Ston

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:02 AM

The 10-25 scaling on "Normal" and "Heroic" (the difficulties formerly known as flex and normal) is a good thing. I've been pretty much a 10-man raider since BC. Dabbled in 25s in Wrath, had done MC/ZG/AQ20 in vanilla. One of my raids is more social rather than progression, and being able to bring our friend who has a random work schedule without having to sit out anyone (or not bring him) will be nice. Raid leader of the more progression minded one is still thinking about whether or not he wants to round up another 10 above competent people. We'll see how things work out in the raid alliance when it gets to be closer to launch. Mythic being balanced for one raid size, and being able to say "you need at least one of every class" again adds just enough nostalgia from vanilla without overwhelming things.

One thing i'd like to see with garrisons is the ability to let people see it when you're not online or grouped with them. Like allowing people on your friends list/guild to go see it whenever. As to alts and garrisons, you'd think your main's garrison would be more than willing to send some help to get it going faster.

Hit and expertise going away will be nice, it pretty much removes any real need for reforging anyways. Which is generally an issue pre-raiding (just not a lot of budget going around) and once you get to the last tier or two (can't get rid of enough, over cap). As to dodge/parry....well, it remains to be seen what they're going to do in its place. Although if it's just disappearing off armor (and not necessarily trinket use/procs) but still a tanking stat (dodge/parry from agi/str) then that'd make more sense. Tanks wanting armor again ... well, there's really one way to do that right now. Higher ilvl gear. So it's really odd for them to mention that as they're unlikely to start tossing bonus armor on gear again. Unless, of course, it's going to be a gem cut/enchants.

Gem/enchant changes, well, that's just fewer things I have to do when I get one piece of gear that's an upgrade. One week you get a new piece, end up replacing 8 gems to stay at a comfortable level of haste. New week, another piece with a bunch of haste on it, so you switch everything back.

#8 Evilbox

Evilbox

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:58 PM

I can't wait for it to hit the shelves - looks pretty awesome - shadow doppelganger rogues holy fuck wanna get in that beta so hard!

Most of the new features look OKish some of them are actually new and not the good old stuff with a new paint all over them

#9 Bullshot

Bullshot

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:17 PM

When Metzen announced it and they played the trailer, I was less than enthused. I wasn't fond of the time-travel storyline they are going for and I still am very wary of how it will all play out. But after seeing the preview panel and learning about all the surrounding systems of the expansion, I'm stoked. Really looking forward to the expansion and I hope it'll be upon us sooner rather than later. Personally I'm hoping for an April release, a bit optimistic maybe but I'm hopeful.

#10 Sacrament

Sacrament

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:29 AM

Just right before BlizzCon I'd started reading books about Warcraft Universe.

And it was awesome to hear about WoD, about this part of history. I hope, will enjoy this expansion.

Stats decreasing, fly mounts will be absent in 6.0... Wow, it has to be epic B)

• Avengeance34 likes this

#11 Immortally

Immortally

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:56 PM

Definitely! I will be honest though... even though I played from Vanilla to Cata I did quit before the Panda expansion. The only reason I returned to WoW was my boyfriend still played and the Warlord's expansion had been announced. I am very happy to see Blizz going in this direction! Also, many of my friends who quit before Panda are coming out of retirement as well so this should be a fantastic new beginning! :)

#12 uglybluecat

uglybluecat

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:02 PM

I am looking forward to WoD, although I am disappointed there are no new races.

My concern over the garrison is that it will be like player housing in SWG; i.e. it will spread and overwhelm the game world.

I'm confident that won't happen in WoW though; they've managed to avoid many of the problems that SWG had! :)

#13 Breklin

Breklin

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:23 AM

MoP really scared me away with the lore and storyline they were presenting. However, actually playing the xpac was great, the raiding was as good as it's been since ulduar/ICC (ToGC has been wiped from my memory).

That being said - the story in WoD actually seems really interesting but we'll have to wait and see how the actual gameplay pans out. Story only means so much and is largely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. I'm worried that ability bloat is only going to get worse - I feel it's at its limit in MoP and new lvl 100 talents could make it worse. I also hope that of there is another legendary quest line, they make it a lot easier on alts. It became so required that it sucked trying to raid on a newer alt later I the xpac after having taken a break. Something like the revered rep boost would be ideal

All in all, more excited for WoD than I was for WotLK, which was my favourite xpac.

They're not so much raiding, as they are grouping up to simultaneously attempt to solo bosses.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)