• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 billiejackfu

billiejackfu

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:30 AM

I'm wondering at what point DBM stopped using SharedMedia and SharedMediaAdditionalFonts because I'm unable to use the texture I want without renaming default.tga to default.old and naming the texture I want to use as default.tga.

I have no idea why I can't use more than the 6-8 fonts provided.

#2 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 1218 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:35 AM

We never stopped using sharedmedia. That code hasn't changed in like 2 expansions. Only change is we now embed the base library with the mod so we can at least load more custom sound options with a vanilla install on a system that has no other sharedmedia mods. We never bundled extra fonts or actual media though. If you disabled or removed any other mods recently that actually included media, that's probably why you lost some of it. We've never shipped with any media.

#3 billiejackfu

billiejackfu

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:38 AM

Well I have SharedMedia and SharedMediaAdditonalFonts installed. Other addons seem to have no problem pulling from those two folders. Do I need to place those folders into the DBM core folder for it to work?

Nevermind, I figured the issue out. There is no scrollbar, but you can actually scroll the list.

Edited by billiejackfu, 16 November 2013 - 06:49 AM.

#4 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 1218 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:55 AM

No, nothing like that. if the media is properly registering with LSM, then it should be available in dbm. It may be possible DBM is loading first so it's only seeing media registered at time DBM loads. 

For some reason OptionalDependencies is missing from dbm. I have no idea when that got removed

Open DBM-Core folder then open DBM-Core.toc in any text editor

Under this line:

## Notes: Deadly Boss Mods

Add this line

## OptionalDependencies: LibSharedMedia-3.0, LibChatAnims

Save, then open wow. Make sure wow is completely CLOSED when you do this. See if this fixes your issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users