2 replies to this topic

#1 Noobamesh

Noobamesh

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:00 AM

Hopefully this is the right forum.

I'm unfortunately not in any position to test this properly, and lacking the knowledge of how the DBM API works, I can't be sure that I've done the right thing. Basically, I'd like to implement a countdown (vocal, similar to the iron star one) for desecrated weapons. From what I can gather, it should be as simple as adding the following line:

local countdownDesecrateCD = mod:NewCountdown(35, 144748)

Near or on line 100 of GarroshHellscream.lua.

My Lua is also a bit rusty however: is this correct? The countdown for the desecrated weapon timer is created by a NewCDCountTimer rather than NewNextTimer or NewCastTimer, which is how the iron star, etc, are created. 

Will this interact properly with NewCountdown? If not, can anyone suggest as to how it should work?

I will endeavour to test it out in LFR later on today. Thanks!

#2 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 895 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:18 AM

That would more or less work, but be confusing considering there are already two countdowns in the mod. One for each voice. I need to find someone to record me a 3rd reliable voice still to support 3 countdowns at once that aren't confusing.

#3 Noobamesh

Noobamesh

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:31 AM

Ah, that is what I suspected. 

As we're only doing normal mode at the minute (and having issues with desecrate placement), Is there a way to specify which voice to use? There's an "altVoice" variable but I can't quite work out what that does (I haven't spent enough time looking through the code, I'm afraid). There is overlap as there are already two countdowns, but only two countdowns ever occur at once in the same phase (iron star and desecrate in the first phase, and then desecrate and whirling corruption in the second). Forcing the whirling corruption to use the same voice as the iron star would presumably solve this, at least in normal mode.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: garrosh, desecrated weapon, countdown

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users