Photo

Dec. 18th @ 4pm EST - Exclusive Q&A With Zenimax Studios PvP Developer Brian Wheeler.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
156 replies to this topic

#21 Vooska

Vooska

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:00 PM

Do you have to grind a different set of gear to be competitive in end game PVP?  In many other games such as SWTOR, different gear is needed to be competitive in player versus player content.  How will this be balanced for people who Raid and people who strictly pvp?  Will top tear gear be equally obtainable for pvp'ers?

-Vooska
  • Vooska likes this

#22 DarthRupert

DarthRupert

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Hello Brian,

What stats or unqiue abilities will the Emperor's armor possess?

Are there plans to add more seige equipment? (ex. ladders or seige towers)
If so what types can you hint at?

What types of PvE content can I do to help my alliance in Cyrodiil?

• Aziah and Soulflame like this

F1EpOFD.jpg

#23 Lozzys

Lozzys

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Hi

My question is about stealth combat, how have you thought this through? Will people be able to do insane hits when coming out of stealth? How will the detection system work? I can imagine sometimes it wil be hard for assasins to sneak upon some players since they have large FOV. 

Thanks

#24 Primach

Primach

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:02 PM

Hey there! :)

I have a question related to player-made guilds, and perks in relations to PvP.

Besides the Offensive and Defensive pvp skill lines, are there anything that members of guilds can gain? Such as passives which increase if your near guildmates, or simply overall boosts? Also could you explain a bit more on how the whole guilds taking over keeps functions, besides them gaining a "guild store" in their keep?

And <3<3 For the QA sessions! :)

Edited by Primach, 18 December 2013 - 09:19 PM.

#25 Joshuasmename

Joshuasmename

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:02 PM

When will TESO Beta be available for Mac users? 

• MysticalOS likes this

#26 Soulece

Soulece

Von Kaiser

• Moderators
  • 57 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:03 PM

Will players get recognition for their abilities in PvP without someone having to minimize, open a web browser and bring up a site to see their ranking in PvP?

Edited by Soulece, 18 December 2013 - 09:04 PM.

#27 Primach

Primach

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

When will TESO Beta be available for Mac users? 

When will you invite europeans who ain't "friends and family" to beta? :(

#28 Argalin

Argalin

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

The two major concerns I have about this system are: zergfest and queues. What are you doing to discourage big groups in Ava? And how are you balancing Cyrodiil population to limit queues and in the same time mantain an healthy number of players?

#29 Lydo

Lydo

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:04 PM

Hi Brian and thanks for showing up here, im really excited to see the PvP of TESO.

I know the only PvP area at launch will be Cyrodiil but are there any plans to add small scale rated pvp such as 3v3, 5v5, battlegrounds and so on after launch? How about a dueling system? Thanks.

• Skylatron and Skrull like this

#30 Soulflame

Soulflame

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:06 PM

Thank you for taking the time to do this interview. 

How many campaigns will I be able to join, and can I switch between them at any time? 

DGA_official_homepage_banner_02.jpg

#31 Wik

Wik

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:06 PM

Hi Brian! Thanks for taking some time out to chat.

My question is in regards to the benefits of PvPing. ESO is similiar to an OLD MMO game (Dark Age of Camelot, some of you may know of) in that it has three realms fighting for power of the frontier and RvR suppremacy.

In Dark Age Every kill of an enemy realm player yielded Realm Points (RPs). There were ranks within ecah lvl of Realm Rank (Realm Rank 1 level 1 or realm rank 6 level 7). Each realm level gave a realm point which would allow the player to buy either passive or active skills and spells that would make them stronger in RvR.

As oppossed to WoW, where the PvP is solely gear based, how will ESO award active high lvl RvR for players. Will it be the ability to add to and accent skills and spells like Dark Age or more in the way WoW pushed loot/gear?

Also, while large scale RvR seems to be the biggest focus, will smaller groups of individuals be able to stay together, yet isolated from the "main force" and still be viable/have an impact on the frontier, or will players be forced to stay within the zerg to survive?

Thanks and best wishes.

--Wik

#32 cjbrowne

cjbrowne

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:07 PM

What is combat going to be like?  Is it going to be like Skyrim, where you aim/swing manually, or like World of Warcraft and other current MMOs, where you select a target and the game automatically attacks until the target dies?

In the former case, I'd be interested to know what technical challenges that approach presented and how you overcame them.

#33 ZOS_JessicaFolsom

ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Glass Joe

• Zenimax
  • 4 posts

All, we're sorting through an issue with Brian's forum account here. Hang tight, he'll be in shortly to answer questions.

• Thavi Sparrow, Soulece and Metrica like this

#34 Papoye

Papoye

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

-What is the size of PvP Maps?

Edited by Papoye, 18 December 2013 - 09:07 PM.

#35 incomitatus

incomitatus

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:08 PM

My question is about guilds and pvp. Will a player guild be able to declare war against another player guild and then openly engage them in pvp in any area?

Edited by MysticalOS, 18 December 2013 - 10:04 PM.

#36 Carde

Carde

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:08 PM

Hey B Wheels, your bro Carde here again.

Are you going to make sure that AOE skills will be strong enough to help small and coordinated groups fend off larger and less organized groups? That'd totally be the B Wheels I know and love if so.
  • Metrica likes this

brobanner_zps4d4dfd9f.jpg

#37 NordJitsu

NordJitsu

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:09 PM

Hey Brian, thanks so much for doing this.

--Dueling is extremely important to me as a method for build testing and general player interaction. Is there any chance that this will be included by launch? If not, what are the chance (high, low, med) of it being included in a patch soon after launch?

#38 Rocco_uk

Rocco_uk

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:11 PM

What's going to stop the game from becoming a total CC fest....i mean, SWTOR got dubbed the nick name stun wars due to most people only using CC abilities, i called it first ''Elders Stuns Online''

#39 Aziah

Aziah

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Thanks for your time Brian.  I just have one question for you:

Can you go into detail regarding the unique passive bonuses that can be obtained by holding certain PvP titles, like Emperor?

#40 ZOS_Wheeler

ZOS_Wheeler

Von Kaiser

• Zenimax
  • 32 posts

Hi Brian.

I am curious about what the discussions have been regarding collision detection. Some have said it could add another level of strategy to PvP. What in particular were the reasons it was not done? And could it still be considered for PvE content (NPCs/enemies)?

Thank you.

------------------------------

Having worked on games with player collision in PVP before, we found that it was far more valuable to offer players larger battles with better server and client performance than smaller battles with player collision due to the hit servers and clients take when implementing such a feature.  That’s not to say we didn’t consider it at one time and while it is always interesting to put collision in a PVP game, when you’re dealing with masses of players it becomes more of a frustration point than a tactical advantage (speaking from personal experience trying to setup a shield wall behind a Keep door then watching players still find ways through it).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users