Photo

Dec. 18th @ 4pm EST - Exclusive Q&A With Zenimax Studios PvP Developer Brian Wheeler.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
156 replies to this topic

#61 Mhorham

Mhorham

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:29 PM

Hi Brian:

I have heard you talk about making Cyrodiil a living breathing part of the game, as opposed to a giant battlefield, by filling it with quests, dungeons and other POI's. Can you tell us if that is still the case and what you expect the draw for day to day activities will be?

#62 Mouse Soldier

Mouse Soldier

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:30 PM

Some of my best memories of old MMOs were chatting with my frenemies :P

Oh well, if communication is artificially limited then I suppose I won't be playing.  Thank you for your time, Brian.

#63 Wik

Wik

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

What is the purpose of limiting communication like this, Brian?  Not to be too negative but this is a gamebreaker for me, as I play for the social aspect more than anything.

Not at all trying to hijack the thread, but having experienced DAOC for many many years, generally speaking the reason/logic is that it promotes realm comradery and prevents cross realming and promotes a healthy competitive RvR scene between the competing realms. It also limits trash talk via RvR in game (basically, take it to the forums kinda thing). You will have TONS of folks to communicate within which ever realm you select, so from the social aspect they see it as socialize with your realm, leave the other realms alone (For lack of a better description, no offense meant lol).

• Metrica likes this

#64 puppychowz

puppychowz

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Hello and sorry in advance,

Is ESO pure pvp mmo? i'm more a pve crafting person and social etc not much of a pvp'er is there something in ESO for people like me?

• E'Teren likes this

#65 Llogwey34

Llogwey34

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:31 PM

There is the problem of building Roleplay around "double agents" , or simply "business traders" who only care for their purse and not the alliance wars. Limiting the communication completly forbids any roleplay of "intelligence", "spy networks" , and business/trades between factions. This will dramatically cut a lot of RP possibilities in PVP.

#66 Arclath

Arclath

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Hey Brian - I have a question that's shifting somewhere inbetween RP (roleplay) and PvP (Player-verus-Player): As a long time roleplayer in both the MMO genre, my guilds and I have often talked on how large scale PvP guilds are usually rewarded in the sense of guild housing, or "guild keeps" - which you seem to be doing with Cyrodill, and my questions is - Is it possible, outside of PvP, to get housing for your guild, possibly in a patch post-launch? It's a much needed feature!

#67 apin473

apin473

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Hi, I'm a big TES player, and have played Arena, Daggerfall, Oblivion, and Skyrim. I will be playing ESO and plan on playing for as many years as you can dish out content. I just realized this forum is only for PvP questions only and can't figure out how to delete the post, so I suppose you don't need to answer these:

Will all npc's be killable?

Will Werewolf transformation be timed or permanent?
How drastic are the interactions with npc's if I am a werewolf or vampire?

Will the Nine Divines play a part in the world, and will there be quest chains involving them?

Can you see a business model change in which you might drop the sub fee?

Edited by apin473, 18 December 2013 - 09:36 PM.

#68 ZOS_Wheeler

ZOS_Wheeler

Von Kaiser

• Zenimax
  • 32 posts

Hey Brian. I've been a hardcore fan of TES series and it's lore for 15 years now and at first ESO worried me but after seeing the info you have released about the game, I'm very excited for the game.

This question is more in connection to Cyrodiil, the pvp zone, instead of PvP itself. In the guide to Tamriel, Cyrodiil used to have jungles. Then when Oblivion came out, the jungle was absent and that was explained by Talos changing the climate. However, ESO is set before the birth of Tiber Septim. Will Cyrodiil have jungles?

Cyrodiil in our timeline will look very familiar to Oblivion, however much more spread out.  To the question of Jungles in Cyrodiil and the question of Tiber Septim changing the climate, we have a book in the game for you to find for more details about that hiding in Cyrodiil itself ;)

• Soulece and Metrica like this

#69 Arxkanite

Arxkanite

Administrator

• ♦ Administrators
  • 146 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:32 PM

Hello and sorry in advance,

Is ESO pure pvp mmo? i'm more a pve crafting person and social etc not much of a pvp'er is there something in ESO for people like me?

I'm not Brian, but there is tons to do PVE. I seen a lot of crafting, fishing, gathering, and questing. I'm mostly a PVE Player myself. I love PvP, but most days I just want to relax and enjoy a single player game.

• puppychowz and Metrica like this

#70 Eivar

Eivar

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:32 PM

What do cross faction guilds bring to pvp? can two people from the same guild end up on opposite sides of a battle? this brings to mind a lot of possibilities for double agents during siege situations

#71 Soulece

Soulece

Von Kaiser

• Moderators
  • 57 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:36 PM

Cyrodiil in our timeline will look very familiar to Oblivion, however much more spread out.  To the question of Jungles in Cyrodiil and the question of Tiber Septim changing the climate, we have a book in the game for you to find for more details about that hiding in Cyrodiil itself ;)

Thanks for the answer. I'll definitely be looking for that book whenever I can in Cyrodiil.

#72 Skrull

Skrull

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:37 PM

Hi Brian and thanks for showing up here, im really excited to see the PvP of TESO.

I know the only PvP area at launch will be Cyrodiil but are there any plans to add small scale rated pvp such as 3v3, 5v5, battlegrounds and so on after launch? How about a dueling system? Thanks.

Please answer this question! And also, will it be possible to duel? Thx Brian!

#73 Arxkanite

Arxkanite

Administrator

• ♦ Administrators
  • 146 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:37 PM

Thanks for the answer. I'll definitely be looking for that book whenever I can in Cyrodiil.

Me too! This is what I love about Elder Scrolls. Reading the books and finding out just how rich the world really is. Finding the books and what's going on will be huge for me. 

• Metrica likes this

#74 woodchuck0295

woodchuck0295

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:38 PM

Hi Brian I am curious if there is going to be differences between console and pc version of the game like how many players will be able to show up on screen in a keep battle or how the ui is going to work. Thank you for your time.

#75 puppychowz

puppychowz

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

I'm not Brian, but there is tons to do PVE. I seen a lot of crafting, fishing, gathering, and questing. I'm mostly a PVE Player myself. I love PvP, but most days I just want to relax and enjoy a single player game.

Thank you Arxkanite, I love morrowind and oblivion and skyrim so but i also loved wow, i'm excited for ESO to come out now :)

#76 ZOS_Wheeler

ZOS_Wheeler

Von Kaiser

• Zenimax
  • 32 posts

Hey Brian!

I'm a writer over at www.tesof.com, and we have a big AvA player-base there. I have a question which has concerned me for the past couple of weeks. If the cap system does not feature any sort of "cap per X# of players" where one side cannot have more than X# of players more than any other side, what is stopping one side always having more numbers over the other two alliances in the any of the campaigns? Care to share on any capping systems that might solve this? Thank you!  :)

Currently we have a cap per Alliance within Cyrodiil Campaigns but it does not dynamically scale.  We are aware of population and scoring imbalances and currently we offer a scoring imbalance benefit to the two "underdog" Alliances.  Simply put, if one Alliance has more Campaign points than the other two Alliances combined, the lower scoring Alliances get bonuses to their score against the higher scoring Alliance.  If Daggerfall and Aldmeri were losing to Ebonheart for example, both Daggerfall and Aldmeri will get more points when they capture keeps, resources and Elder Scrolls native to Ebonheart, but also more points for holding their natively owned keeps.

• Kilivin likes this

#77 Raoul9753

Raoul9753

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:40 PM

Hello Brian.

My first question is about a battle as old as the MMORPG itselve, its about gear vs skill.

Many MMORPGs like for exapmle WoW (What am I talking, nearlky EVERY MMORPG till now) has this point where a good equipment simply makes up for player skill, like for example in WoW by giving them just absurd numbers to important stats.

How is this handled in Elder Scrolls online? Will the top pvp gear also be so powerfull that a full high end equiped Character has nothing to fear from players of the same level with bad gear but higer skill, or will you finaly break out of it and make gear only one aspect of your characters strengh? Basicly keeping how Items were in Skyrim would for example be a think were gear gives you bonus power but does not overpower you...

My second question is about the battle system of the game.

Will it be like in all other games, point and click, select target, use skill, aka boring...

Or do you plan to keep a battle system like the one used in the Elder Scroll single player games or Dark Messiah Might and Magic, meaning a mostly skillshot based system?

Sorry when this are stupid questions for Beta testers, but I wasnt lucky enough to recieve a beta key by now, so I know basicly nothing.

Edited by Raoul9753, 18 December 2013 - 09:47 PM.

#78 wesphilly06

wesphilly06

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Hello. Thanks for taking the time out to do a Q&A for the fans i have a few qustions:

I was wondering if what ever the joined ring option is called (marriage) will have any effect in PVP or is it only in PVE

#79 Arxkanite

Arxkanite

Administrator

• ♦ Administrators
  • 146 posts

Thank you Arxkanite, I love morrowind and oblivion and skyrim so but i also loved wow, i'm excited for ESO to come out now :)

Me too! I'm probably going to buy it for the Console and PC because I hate my wallet. 

#80 ElderNyx

ElderNyx

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Hi brian

I wonder if being a vampire/ werewolf/or have a deadric artifact will give a player an advantage in PVP?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users