Photo

Dec. 18th @ 4pm EST - Exclusive Q&A With Zenimax Studios PvP Developer Brian Wheeler.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
156 replies to this topic

#81 wesphilly06

wesphilly06

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:40 PM

Will there be a Character Creation kit option for players to create a toon before the game is played so we can jump into the pvp as soon as possible?

• Soulece likes this

#82 Argalin

Argalin

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:41 PM

What are benefits in owning a keep? Alliance Points,golds,buffs or only honor and prestige? When you establish a Guild Store in a keep can you set taxes on transactions?  

• Metrica likes this

#83 wesphilly06

wesphilly06

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:41 PM

Will each zone it self have a set max of player able to be in the zone at a time?

For example, if I want to take over a lumber mill by any means nessasary and I have 50 friends and they all want to halp can we zerg a lumber mill or will smaller areas have smaller access.

#84 wesphilly06

wesphilly06

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:42 PM

I may be a little early for this but how will console gamers be able to comunicate in pvp. will there be like a voice in guild.. an area of sound where u can hear players who have there mic on? Or, will we have to buy a keybord put the joystick down and type if we want to talk (the later being dumb and would make me get it on my mac).

#85 ZOS_Wheeler

ZOS_Wheeler

Von Kaiser

• Zenimax
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:42 PM

HEYLO

Will PvP ranks be apparent on the battlefield? For example, will it be visually clear which characters have more PvP experience, whether it be a symbol by their name, or title?

to put my question into WoW terms, will the PvP ranking system be *visually* similar to that of back in vanilla? Not the grinding aspect necessarily, but simply the act of opening the PvP tab, and seeing a rank symbol by each players name, or hovering over them and seeing "Lieutenant Commander", etc...

I always enjoyed seeing the experience of those around me.

Every other Alliance War Rank will confer a new rank Symbol to the player target frame to indicate what Rank that player is. The player him or herself will not visually be different or have an extended title attached to their nameplate other than the symbol.  There also are some very cool looking light, medium and heavy armor sets available in Cyrodiil that have an appearance that should be very familiar to Elder Scrolls players.

#86 Soulece

Soulece

Von Kaiser

• Moderators
  • 57 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:43 PM

If Daggerfall and Aldmeri were losing to Ebonheart for example, both Daggerfall and Aldmeri will get more points when they capture keeps, resources and Elder Scrolls native to Ebonheart, but also more points for holding their natively owned keeps.

If we can capture Elder Scrolls, how many points in comparison to say, keeps, do they give an alliance?

Edited by Soulece, 18 December 2013 - 10:06 PM.

#87 Rocco_uk

Rocco_uk

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:45 PM

Hi brian

I wonder if being a vampire/ werewolf/or have a deadric artifact will give a player an advantage in PVP?

The konk said that fighters guild will have silver bolts for undead and can be morphed to take out Werewolves (vampire being the undead).

• ElderNyx likes this

#88 HundredDoor

HundredDoor

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:46 PM

Will there be anything in the game that will protect lower level characters from being killed by higher level characters in pvp?

#89 Rocco_uk

Rocco_uk

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:47 PM

will there be anything in the game that will protect lower level characters from being killed by higher level characters in pvp 

For people 10-49 gear will be scaled, the only disadvantage will be the lack of skills/passives.

#90 bmanmilsap

bmanmilsap

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:47 PM

Will you have to craft PvP gear for PvP, and will their be skills mainly just for PvP?

#91 tstickroe

tstickroe

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:48 PM

Is there open world PVP?  The guild I am with thrives on there only being limited places where people can hide and feel safe.  Will PVP be available everywhere with exception of specific towns?

#92 wesphilly06

wesphilly06

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:49 PM

I've heard when a new campaign starts the keeps will be split up between the 3 factions. So by my understaning this would mean that NPC would occupy the keeps before the players come into the keeps. Durning low play time (like 4-5am) will faction held keeps be occupied by NPC's or will they be vacant allowing anyone to tear down walls and take flags? If NPC's are used, will that count toward the alliance points or will we not gain because its PVE?

#93 NordJitsu

NordJitsu

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:50 PM

I've seen that dueling question asked 3 times now at least...

Can we get some love?

Will dueling make launch? Do you have post launch plans to add it?

#94 formyruca

formyruca

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:50 PM

How much of pvp outcomes will be player skill vs character level? id imagine in a chaotic situations people may get a hit off where they can but in a one on one for instance will the player a few levels higher win 9/10?

#95 Chawana

Chawana

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:52 PM

Every other Alliance War Rank will confer a new rank Symbol to the player target frame to indicate what Rank that player is. The player him or herself will not visually be different or have an extended title attached to their nameplate other than the symbol.  There also are some very cool looking light, medium and heavy armor sets available in Cyrodiil that have an appearance that should be very familiar to Elder Scrolls players.

Awesome, thank you very much; this makes me happy.

#96 ElderNyx

ElderNyx

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:56 PM

The konk said that fighters guild will have silver bolts for undead and can be morphed to take out Werewolves (vampire being the undead).

Nice...as long as its balanded with something...don't want to be killed in pvp by a group of werewolfs/vampires

#97 Tyre

Tyre

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:58 PM

Is there a plan to help accommodate or at least acclimate the traditional MMO'er who is used to tab targeting?  What can I tell my friends that say they do not like the reticle? I'm at a loss for converting them over.

#98 ZOS_Wheeler

ZOS_Wheeler

Von Kaiser

• Zenimax
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:58 PM

Hello EJ and Mr. Wheeler :)

I have a few questions:

1. IS there a system in place to prevent trading the Emperor status to give friends/guild the emperor skill tree? For example if I am emperor and I willingly let my rank fall to second or third, then as a guild we sit out of defending one of the key keeps. Once it falls we then retake it Crowning a new Emperor from our faction, my friend. Who then in turn lets a third mate pass into first position.

2. The scrolls play a large part in the PvP and they will be a target. Is it possible to sneak/stealth a small group to the scrolls? Is it possible to step inside one of the small PvE caves/dungeons mentioned with a scroll? As a way to temporarily "hide" or bottleneck the forces chasing you or does entering one of these locations reset the scroll?

3. Will the Emperor or PvP skill trees be usable and effective in PvE content?

4. Group activities like taking or defending a keep will land you on the leader board. Is there any reason or benefit from 1 on 1 or group v group PvP fights? Zergs are generally favored and quite common in similar PvP experiences, is the zerg favored in ESO? Hierarchy seems to follow Massive Zerg> Organized guild> Average Zerg > unorganized guilds > Organized small group > group or solo. Will this be the case in Cyrodiil?

5. How will balance be achieved with so many different options to build your character? Combat relies largely on player skill and that is great but balance is still needed. One on One is it just a matter of who has the larger resource pool? Is it possible to out heal dps with a pure heal build? If so doesn't this discourage pure dps builds and if not wouldn't pure heal builds be unlikely? How is balance achieved between a tanking Sorc and a spell slinging Temp versus a tanking Temp and Spell slinging Sorc?

The system itself makes it quite difficult to "Trade" Emperorship as the only way to gain Emperorship is to capture all 6 keeps surrounding Imperial City and the only way to lose it, is to have all 6 of those keeps lost to the enemy.  To swap down ownership of the Emperor status in the example noted, you would need a guild willing to participate on an enemy alliance, and also keep the third Alliance from interfering.  In our tests internally and in Betas, we've seen once an Alliance gets an Emperor, they really....really don't want to let go of it.

Elder Scrolls can only exist in Cyrodiil "proper" so if you tried to exit the area by going into a Cave or leaving the zone, the scroll would drop.  In the pure sense of "sneaking", you can't while carrying a scroll nor mount.  Also note that scroll positions are always shown on the Cyrodiil map so as you move carrying the scroll, so does the scroll position on the map.

Some Emperor and Alliance War abilities are useful in standard zones as well as Cyrodiil. Some are very specialized however which prevent Siege damage so obviously, that one isn't useful where Siege isn't being used.

When players first enter Cyrodiil in our Beta's, safety in numbers is the way they go...to start. After a few nights, their tactics evolve and they learn that smaller groups are indeed quite effective in the war not only tactically, but also for fighting other players in the open field.  This was mentioned in another question earlier and while small groups can take on larger groups, finding that balance point is something we've been working on for quite some time to give starting players and veteran players they have the option to play how they want to at any given time and have fun. We've seen these smaller groups come out after players get their feet wet and familiar with the game and tactics, and I'm happy to report that I've seen a group of 6-8 players hold off waves of 40 or more at upper levels of Keeps which is exactly what they were designed to do.  Eventually they lost, but it proved that small groups can win if coordinated...it just takes a bit of time to develop those tactics.

• E'Teren likes this

#99 HundredDoor

HundredDoor

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:00 PM

Will there be a leader board system in the game to see who is the top pvper in the server?

#100 bmanmilsap

bmanmilsap

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:00 PM

How would you go about getting into PvP battles? Just walk into Cyradil or how dose jumping into the battle work?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users