Photo

Dec. 18th @ 4pm EST - Exclusive Q&A With Zenimax Studios PvP Developer Brian Wheeler.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
156 replies to this topic

#101 apin473

apin473

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:01 PM

I need dueling? Will it be in the game? And can I boastingly laugh with /lol's at my defeated enemy.

Will I be able to chat/duel with friends cross-faction?

• Skrull likes this

#102 ZOS_Wheeler

ZOS_Wheeler

Von Kaiser

• Zenimax
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:02 PM

Hi guys, I have one question:

I read there are Campaign with different ruleset. Can you give us some examples of different ruleset? Will we see many different ruleset at the same time or only one at time? Can we set only one campaign as our home campaign or one for each active rulest? I'm an hardcore pvp player so I hope you create at least one campaign with major penalties to death like partial loot or money drop at death. Are you thinking about something like this?Any hopes?

During Beta we have been using a 48 hour Campaign ruleset but standard Campaigns will last 3 months.  We have the ability to make scoring changes and duration changes depending on player needs and we'll analyze how scoring goes to determine if we need alternate rulesets with different duration, scoring, but also if we need to add player level restricted Campaigns or not.  There really is a great deal of flexibility with the Campaign system, and we will be paying close attention to what players ask for to determine which Campaign rules we add.

#103 wesphilly06

wesphilly06

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:03 PM

Hello again :)

How much will the crafting benifit a team durning PVP? I understand that weapon, armor, and enchanting will have a big effect on PVP based on the best items for your party. But with the non stop action, will Food, Drinks, Potions, and Posions have any impact seeing as they can't be hot barred and would be hard to use on the fly? Would me wanting to RP a Chef feeding my team before we attempt to capture a keep just be roleplaying? Or will i have valuble effect in PVP with buffs of some sort?

#104 ZOS_Wheeler

ZOS_Wheeler

Von Kaiser

• Zenimax
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:04 PM

Hello there!

About keeps in Cyrodiil, it has been said that guilds can claim ownsership for a keep among those owned by their alliance. How do you claim ownership? and can a guild own several keeps/dependancies or only one?

Guilds can claim 1 keep, farm, lumbermill, or mine at a time (only 1...not 1 of each).  Claiming is simply done by talking with the Quartermaster at those locations =)

#105 Alucard

Alucard

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:04 PM

Brian

Thank you for taking time to come here and answer our questions.

1 - What plans does ZOS have to implement Necromancy into ESO?

2 - With the hint of both the Werewolf and Vampire lines being available, how often will a player be confronted with the choice of becoming either? (or both) Are these random occurrences or based on a main/side quest line and zone specific?

And will the above effect PvP in any way? Can you rush into battle as a werewolf with added bonus attacks and crippling deficiencies.

Thanks!

Edited by Alucard, 18 December 2013 - 11:15 PM.

• ElderNyx and Tyre like this

#106 ZOS_Wheeler

ZOS_Wheeler

Von Kaiser

• Zenimax
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:07 PM

I have a couple of very important questions:

-Are you planing on doing something about the low framerate issue,
that we saw in the pvp trailer?

-This question is about the click-able areas on the interactive map.
will they be the only areas that is accesable at launch? I can see that only ''the rift''
and ''Eastmarch'' are click-able in skyrim, and there are a lot of area that isn't 
click-able in general, on tamriel. (pleeeease answer)

Framerate is always a top concern and we are always (that includes as I write this) optimizing the game not only on your local installation but also on the servers you connect to.  Besides that, there are many graphical options which can be adjusted to help get faster graphical performance.  

#107 apin473

apin473

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:09 PM

Is there PvP Gear?

I hope there is aquirable gear, that is non-PvP specific. For example, WoW offers PvP and PvE gear. It annoys me to no end that I can't simply move from playing one to the other. I'd like to use high level PVE gear in PvP and PvP gear in PvE.

#108 ZOS_Wheeler

ZOS_Wheeler

Von Kaiser

• Zenimax
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:10 PM

Hey Brian, I have a quick yes or no question for You.

Are attained passive abilities going to be working at all times, or will they have to be "equipped" withing a cap - as in D3 - in order to work?

Passives you purchase with skill points are always active regardless of where you are or what you have equipped unless they are armor or weapon specific passives.  In that case, they are only active when you have that armor or weapon equipped.

Edited by ZOS_Wheeler, 18 December 2013 - 10:20 PM.

#109 Soulece

Soulece

Von Kaiser

• Moderators
  • 57 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:10 PM

Guilds can claim 1 keep, farm, lumbermill, or mine at a time (only 1...not 1 of each).  Claiming is simply done by talking with the Quartermaster at those locations =)

What are the benefits of your Guild claiming these objectives? Do we get food/hides from claiming the farm or metals from claiming a mine and so on?

• Tyre likes this

#110 ZOS_Wheeler

ZOS_Wheeler

Von Kaiser

• Zenimax
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:12 PM

Will players be able to be effective in PvP in their preferred skill line build or will one have to switch from a one handed sword with no offhand weapon and casts spells to someone with a one handed sword and a shield?

What I'm meaning is, can I use my preferred skill set and armor/weapon in PvP or will I have to use a certain armor set specifically made for PvP (like WoW) and specific PvP skill lines?

You can be effective with your weapons and armor and skills gained from anywhere in the world.  I personally play with gear I've earned from Cyrodiil, quests and crafting!

• Soulece likes this

#111 formyruca

formyruca

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:13 PM

While in cyrodil, if a player gets potshotted from afar by say a stealth character will there be any way of telling where it came from? Also, can skill points go into racial abilities? Thanks.
  • Tyre likes this

#112 ZOS_Wheeler

ZOS_Wheeler

Von Kaiser

• Zenimax
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:14 PM

Anyone that played DAoC will surely remember that the Mordred server was better than all of the other servers, because it allowed a PvP experience that wasn't limited by artificial means such as hardcoded teams or strictly PvE realms (where PvP is impossible).  Is such a thing even possible in ESO?  If so, how likely is this to actually happen?  Would the game release with this superior option or would players have to wait?

PVP in Elder Scrolls Online is focused purely against the Enemy Alliances within Cyrodiil.  

#113 Vooska

Vooska

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:15 PM

Hi Brian.

I'm currently playing Skyrim while waiting for ESO.  I wanted to ask, will there be daily/weekly pvp based missions?

#114 Wrymn

Wrymn

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:16 PM

Hi Brian

I know this was asked but making collision detection into PVE / questing would be really amazing. I`ve seen some MMO`S where they had it in the world, in questing and exploration and it was okay. And it had really nice sense of immersion into that question combat.
Or would it be too hard to make it, since you have designed whole game mechanics without it?

#115 wesphilly06

wesphilly06

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:17 PM

Hello

I know we are albe to battle with our helmet equipped but invisible to show our face. is this also an option for chest and arm armor during PVP as ive seen shirtless combatants in previous trailers

#116 ZOS_Wheeler

ZOS_Wheeler

Von Kaiser

• Zenimax
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:19 PM

Do you have to grind a different set of gear to be competitive in end game PVP?  In many other games such as SWTOR, different gear is needed to be competitive in player versus player content.  How will this be balanced for people who Raid and people who strictly pvp?  Will top tear gear be equally obtainable for pvp'ers?

-Vooska

Weapons, Armor and Jewelry attained from dungeons, questing, crafting and PVP will be useful in Cyrodiil to you in combat.  There will be sets available in PVP  that aren't available elsewhere with a unique look to them and set bonuses, but they are not required to "win" in combat.

• Tyre likes this

#117 Soulece

Soulece

Von Kaiser

• Moderators
  • 57 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:19 PM

When looking at the interactive Tamriel map, I noticed many zones that aren't being utilized in Tamriel, which will most likely be additions in future patches/expansions.
Will any of these zones on the borders of Alliance territories allow unrestricted world pvp when they are released?
I know in the base game, the only place for pvp is in Cyrodiil, but will there be any chance of world pvp zones on borders when those zones are released in the future?

#118 Wrymn

Wrymn

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:21 PM

Have you been thinking about allowing players to even more push view fog even further?

There is a HUGE audience of players with high end PC`s which can afford it and since you can set it in game settings, player with lower computer specs would just slide the slider to closer fog so they can have nice framerate as they do with setting such as antialiasing and texture quality.

Because by screenshots it was really making it foggy and broke that immersion of nice, big world :D

#119 Wrymn

Wrymn

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:24 PM

What about dueling? You have said that there will be no dueling in start. But I`ve seen numerous of discussions in either facebook or elder scrolls online forums that people really demand and want dueling into their game.

Such as you implemented first person because of feedback and demand from players, this would add another layer of immersion and possibility to test our skills, combos with friends or just right make fun fight next to village without forcing me to go to Cyrodil if I dont feel like it.

Thanks xD

#120 ZOS_Wheeler

ZOS_Wheeler

Von Kaiser

• Zenimax
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:29 PM

Hello Brian,

What stats or unqiue abilities will the Emperor's armor possess?

Are there plans to add more seige equipment? (ex. ladders or seige towers)
If so what types can you hint at?

What types of PvE content can I do to help my alliance in Cyrodiil?

More Siege equipment will depend greatly on what is requested and seen as necessary through out the lifetime of Elder Scrolls Online and Cyrodiil.  I always get asked about certain types of weapons and we will see what can be added in time.  For now the standard weaponry and ammunition types within those weapons offer more than enough destruction and chaos.  

While there are no direct influences on the war in Cyrodiil via doing quests in Bruma, Cheydinhal, Chorrol, Cropsford, Vlastarus and the caves, there are tons of weapons, armor and gold to be found by aiding the citizens of Cyrodiil.  This gold and armor in return benefits your Alliance on a larger scale as you can buy weaponry to burn down the enemy or repair your own structures.  

Cyrodiil is not simply about fighting over Keeps and killing the enemy.  It's an economic war as well.  When a wall is destroyed, it has to be rebuilt, and rebuilding it costs gold and time.  Your hard earned gold and efforts come into play not only keeping your lands safe and establishing beach-heads in enemy territory, but also hitting the enemy in the wallet! Let's say you're a small group and not enough to take a keep over...you can setup some weapons and destroy wall sections that the enemy has to rebuild and spend gold or alliance points to do so!  

• bryce7954 likes this

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users