3 replies to this topic

#1 Bobyboucher

Bobyboucher

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:30 PM

Hi,

After the last update most of the custom setup's broke due to changes made with the DBT template file. Many of us have been able to re-create the old layout that we previously had however there is one variable that none of us can seem to figure out and that is how to resize the icons.

If you change the $parenticon1 or $parenticon2 dimensions in the X Y from 15 -30 - 40 nothing seems to change at all with he icon size. The only way I have found to resize the icon is with changing the scale of the entire bar but as you can imagine this is not so great for the rest of it. All the other setting are working fine and I have been able to move the icon, move the bar and resize it, move the text etc the only thing that seems to not be functioning with altering X&Y values is the icon.

Is there any way to change the size of the Icons independently with the newest update in DBT template?

Any help would be much appreciated!

PS: There is a discussion in the interface and UI forums of mmo-champ about this but I can't seem to post links at this time here.

#2 royalpoet

royalpoet

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:43 PM

In addition to bar scaling, the icon size seems to be set by bar height now. So if you go into the in-game GUI and change bar height to 30, the icon will also become 30x30. That's been my temporary fix to make the icon fit a border meant for a 30x30 icon. Of course, it makes the bars a bit bigger than I usually play with. It would be nice to be able to adjust the icon size independent from the bar size.

The other thing is, the bar name text apparently can't be moved. In my old template, the bar was thinner and the name and timer text sat above the bar, rather than inside it. Now, the timer text can still be moved around with the anchor x and y, but the name text can't be moved from the center of the bar.

Edited by royalpoet, 02 January 2014 - 04:44 PM.

#3 Bobyboucher

Bobyboucher

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:26 PM

After a lot more messing around with DBT template it appears that the in game slider controls everything and DBT template is not being applied at all to the bars. The only thing that you can still control by modding the DBT template is the X/Y axis of where the bar is positioned in relation to the text / icon. Other than that the font size, bar size  and icon size all are linked and grow / shrink together independent of the DBT template settings and only take on the changes done with the in game slide bar.

Really wish there was a way to override this setting... Love the mod but for us that OCD over customizing our UI it's frustrating :(

#4 Bobyboucher

Bobyboucher

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:49 PM

Well this is now pretty much resolved! The change for icon size needed to be done in dbt.lua as the dbt template seems to no longer control that function! Crappy but at least got the look back!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users