• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Vodius

Vodius

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:03 PM

I downloaded the DMB updater program yesterday and had it point to my installation path - E:/Programs/WorldofWarcraft but every time I run the program I get the following error:

(9.59.52) Error: Unable to check for latest version... The service may be temporarily unavailable. Please check your internet connection and try again soon.

Also, the only reason I downloaded the updater in the first place is because the download links are not currently working.  I have tried several times over the past couple days to update, or click the download link, and neither has worked.

#2 Xanthanael

Xanthanael

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:39 PM

I have the same problem here since a day or 2 i have this message:

-- Checking Addon for Updates --

(18.27.44) Error: Unable to check for latest version... The service may be temporarily unavailable. Please check your internet connection and try again soon.

#3 ks1701

ks1701

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:53 PM

I noticed when DBM is backing up WoW Interface settings it says "This make take a minute...Please wait" I'm sure it was meant to say "This may take a minute... Please wait."

#4 Amalore

Amalore

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:39 PM

Hello. Today when I tried to use the DBM updater by doing both double clicking on the short cut and right click run as admin it didn't start up. I went to re download the client and it said it was already running. I then used the task manager to see that it was running in the processes and ended it that way. Ive found that when I use the x to shut it down its only closeing the screen but not the program and that trying to use the short cut wont pop up the screen. I keep having to use the task manager to end it. If theres anything I can do to fix this please let me know since it so annoying to hit the x and not have it shut down.

#5 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 974 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:53 PM

right click tray icon and close it out. closing out box doesn't exit program, Exiting it from tray does. End task should not be necessary.

#6 Amalore

Amalore

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:32 PM

Hello. Im sorry to ask this but is there something currently wrong with yalls DBM updater? Ive got mine set to update to the latest alphas and today after I used it I used the curse client which said their was an update. After that I came to the site and had to manually install the latest alpha versions. I went to reinstall the updater but every time after I downloaded it and unzipped installer it kept saying Sorry, an error has occurred. The application could not be installed because the installer file is damanged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author. I downloaded it 3 times and got the message every time.

#7 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 974 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:54 PM

Our updater currently doesn't work for alphas. It just installs wrong out of date version and then causes you to get notified in game that your alpha is out of date (because it is). use only the curse updater for alphas, or use only release versions since that's only thing that works semi reliable in our own updater. The person who makes the updater has been busy with other tasks and has not had time to correct it's failings.

#8 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 974 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:18 PM

I combined all the DBM Updater issues into one thread. I do not actually make this tool. Someone makes it for me. I'm putting all issues together so i can try to better organize it for him when he finally gets around to fixing up all these things.

#9 Keyser520b

Keyser520b

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:15 PM

I am running Windows 8. When I try to install the automatic updater, it tells me that the installer is corrupt.

#10 Hgaqui

Hgaqui

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:13 AM

For those who are receiving damaged file error try extracting DBM_1.07.00.exe with a program like winrar, then go to Deadly Boss Mods Updater folder and run setup.exe.

#11 minorpains

minorpains

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:49 AM

With Windows 8, and trying to download the DBM updater, I get the following error message:

"Sorry, an error has occured.

The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author."

#12 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 974 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:51 AM

What did you expand it with? Users report that this happens when file is corrupt from bad expanding.

#13 karmamuscle

karmamuscle

Glass Joe

• New Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 15 June 2014 - 01:53 PM

Hi, I have the same error message as minorpains with windows 7 build 7601.

Strange thing is, I installed the updater succesfully some 1½ months ago on another computer.

Things I've done.

- Run the executable normally.

- Extracting the archive with 7z and winrar.

- Downloading to different harddrives, 2 SSDs and 1 HDD.

- Downloading using different browsers, Chrome 37.0.2051.1, Firefox 30.0 and Internet Explorer 11.0.9.

- Rebooted my system.

#14 Dobur

Dobur

Glass Joe

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:23 AM

Hi, I have done everything to ensure that the file is not corrupt whilst downloading.

I have tried:

1. Internet Explorer 11

2. Firefox

3. Chrome

I have also tried to temporally disabling antivirus, malwarebytes anti malware, malwarbytes anti exploit, thinking they maybe causing this  error upon running DBM_1.07.00.exe

W7jduys.png

I have also tried to install Adobe Air 13 to see if it was Adobe Air 14 causing the issue, but it does the same thing, so I have updated back to 14.

I have tried to extract the .exe file using 7z or winrar and running the setup.exe file found in side Deadly Boss Mods folder.

All that does install Deadly Boss Mods Updater directly on the root of my D:\, however it does function, i would like it to be installed in a folder, tidier.

I have tried to run DBM_1.07.00.exe as Administrator with no luck.

I seriously doubt that the error is caused by "corruption", perhaps this can be proved by adding a working file on a different host.

I really would like to get this working again, it was before I've had to format my PC.

#15 karmamuscle

karmamuscle

Glass Joe

• New Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:37 PM

Just wanted to make an update to my post above. (#13)

Got windows 8 and ran into the same problem again.

But this time I got it fixed.

Downloaded the updater.

Extracted it with 7z, I bet you can use any archive program to do this.

Installed Adobe AIR from http://get.adobe.com/air/ - The updater uses this to run.

Start the updater using Deadly Boss Mods Updater.exe in the \Deadly Boss Mods Updater\ folder created at extraction.

Now everything works

Attached File  dbm_windows8_successful.png   28.39KB   0 downloads

Maybe the error is somehow related to AIR.

#16 Blubibulga

Blubibulga

Glass Joe

• New Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:43 AM

Greetings,

Will you add option to add "Deadly Boss Mods WoD Beta" & "DBM: Timeless Isle" download ?

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users