• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Tassabel

Tassabel

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:59 AM

Not that it really matters anymore, but.... When I go into the Will of the Emperor fight on my monk.. the arrow for devastating arc doesn't show up. I've only been in there when I've been the tank. And I checked all the settings in dbm to see if it's set to show the arrow for it and I have it set that way.  But when i go into there on any other tank, pally, dk etc... it does show the arrow... is there something I'm missing?

#2 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 946 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:09 AM

Is monk only one you did recently? someone else rewrote my working functions on this, and looking at his code, to be honest i doubt they work on any char at all. The code is full of logic fail and the combo warnings/arrows will never work on any char as far as I can tell. If they are working any of you chars I'm shocked. I'll see what I can do to fix it.

#3 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 946 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:20 AM

Try 11072, I fixed his code screwups and it should be functional again.

#4 Tassabel

Tassabel

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:24 PM

what you mean 11072?

#5 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 946 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:26 PM

DBM revision. You have to use alpha revision for fix, or wait until next release, which may not be for some time since we generally don't do new releases for a single bug fixes unless it's game breaking.

#6 Tassabel

Tassabel

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:32 PM

oh... i wouldn't know how to do that....

#7 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 946 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:33 PM

Simple, set curse client, or our updater to alpha releases and then done. If you install manually off our downloads page here, download alpha instead of release.

#8 Tassabel

Tassabel

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:41 AM

how do I do that?

#9 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 946 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:54 AM

If you are unfamiliar with alphas or how to use em. just wait for next release, which may be a while.

Both curse client and our updater make using alphas easy though.

#10 Tassabel

Tassabel

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:40 AM

oh ok.

#11 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 946 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:17 PM

I would like to know if this is still an issue in latest releases.

#12 Hotndeadly

Hotndeadly

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:06 PM

Just ran MSV, and it's not giving the arrow or counting them down. I have both options checked.

#13 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 946 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:09 PM

Are you a healer? Are you targeting a boss or a player that's targeting a boss (such as tank). Or using a focus target at all?

Basically the way code works. Whatever boss you are getting just before the special, is one you get warnings and arrows for. If you are not targeting a boss or at least have one on focus at the time they start casting, you will get no warnings because the mod assumes you are on trash/add duty and not near the boss. If you want to ensure you get warnings for a boss put the one you are near on focus.

#14 Silverdragon83

Silverdragon83

Glass Joe

• New Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:07 PM

I am seeing a issue with the "devastating arc"- pre-warn notice arrows are not appearing, i am running as tank(Nelf DK,Blood) and they are not showing up, i have already look at the settings and it is set to show, as well as looking at the .lua file for this encounter and the data is there but they do not show up, as collaboration  the other tank(Human Prot. Warrior ) also reported the same thing and i have also checked his settings and .lua for encounter, is there anyway someone could take a look to see if something got broke, if any suggestions or solutions come up just let me know i will be more than happy to test them or edit it into the .lua file (Notepad++). Thanks in advance(We have v.5.4.16 DBM)

#15 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 946 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:23 PM

I've looked at it repeatedly. I can't find any problems. It should work if you are targeting boss. Unless blizzard changed spellids or something.

Also note, the smash never gave a pre warning. Cast is hidden from mods so that only detects when it lands.

Are you someone who may switch to boss mid arc or after it starts? Maybe you were finishing off an add and got on the boss AFTER boss hit 18 energy? IE you were present for some of arc but maybe not for the pre warn just before it.

I'm adding extra conditions to re-enable arc warnings for melee who jump in after the arc starts. That may help. For ranged I can't make same assumption of "targeting boss, near the boss" though as I do with melee. This should make it more reliable for melee/tanks though.

See if it's any better on alpha r11344+.

#16 Silverdragon83

Silverdragon83

Glass Joe

• New Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:56 AM

thks for the quick response, no i am a main tank so i am always on the boss (1 of 2) in the "will of the emperor" encounter, my range dps is always on boss unless melee needs help cleaning up add's , melee alternates between bosses and adds, the other tank is a protection warrior and he was taking massive dmg due to not knowing when the arc's was starting, and yes i saw from the .lua notes that the smash dont have a pre-warning :)- anyway i will check out the alpha to see if the issue is still there and get back with you to let you know the outcome.

#17 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 946 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:03 AM

Hopefully it's better. I changed it to also allow more time to activate scans too. Instead of only activating if you are targeting boss at 18 energy. it'll now do so from 18-20 energy.

#18 Hotndeadly

Hotndeadly

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:06 PM

R11345

Tanking with other tank set as focus target.

Arrows show up and work perectly like they use to, but the voice counter was off.

Would hear the count for both sides and it was off by one.

#19 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 946 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:04 PM

Yeah, there is no way to fix that, don't put the other tank or boss on focus. If their energy becomes desynced for any reason and the other tanks boss enters combo first, It'll start alerting you for his side, then when yours starts it'll switch to your side but count will be messed up cause it picked up some of his side. I could move self.vb.comboCount = 0 reset to start instead of end but there are even more problems with that. For example people who enter combo late. all around it's just a real mess since it's just not possible to account for every possible situation other than the most basic one. targeting the boss when he starts, with no focus target. I may just remove the "focus" scan from it to fix your specific problem, although it'll break giving alerts for a boss that's on focus by a healer not targeting anything. Hmm actually Maybe I'll just require "focus" to be healer spec. That could fix problem for everyone else.

Or maybe, I got another idea to try resetting combo count at last second. Going to try that first, if not then make "focus" require healing spec only.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users