• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Timelord

Timelord

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:41 PM

I've been going through all the options in DBM and maybe I am missing it or it is not a feature available so i figured i would ask here.

On a boss like the Fallen Protectors as a healer, as stuff tends to start getting hairy at the end, i sometimes don't see the Shadow Word: Bane message and get caught off guard and don't dispell it in time before it spreads because i am in the middle of casting another heal. Doesn't happen often but what I would like to know is there a way to set the special "Beware" message for certain spells like Shadow Word Bane?

Edited by Timelord, 02 March 2014 - 10:45 PM.

#2 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 882 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:15 AM

That ability is pretty much spammed, to point that any warning would be unpractical. that specific spell is more of a unit frame thing than a dbm thing.

#3 Timelord

Timelord

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:56 AM

That ability is pretty much spammed, to point that any warning would be unpractical. that specific spell is more of a unit frame thing than a dbm thing.

While I agree that it is spammed, that doesn't answer the question of whether or not the special "Beware" sound can be tied to certain abilities manually or does that option not exsist?

If the option does not exsist, it would be a nice future feature that just like you can add spell ID's to the chat box frame (nice to see which hunter actually cast aspects) you could add a certain boss spell ID to a manual page so you can override the defaults given by DBM.

Example: I type spell id XXXXXX then when DBM detects the boss casting that, i can choose in a drop down menu which special sound plays for it.  It might give users a little more customization to the add-on.  It is a great add-on don't misunderstand, but I could potentially see where players may want to adjust certain things depending on their role.

Edited by Timelord, 03 March 2014 - 07:00 AM.

#4 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 882 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:28 AM

DBM already supports custom sounds for any and all special warnings. However, not EVERY spell has a special warning (nor should). That ability is spammed and all you'd hear is "BEWARE" about 50 times. Certain things don't get warnings that don't seem practical. It's been my experience that adding certain warnings to a mod is unproductive and sensory overload and leads to less effectiveness of the mod. Too many sounds and you start tuning them out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users