• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Abashera

Abashera

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:01 AM

We were doing a SoO run of Kor'kron Dark Shaman today, and I was using the DBM Boss Frames to the right of the screen to switch between Earthbreaker and Wavebinder on taunts.

On the first run Earthbreaker was the top frame, and Wavebinder was on the bottom; but on the second attempt Wavebinder was the first frame, and Eaethbreaker was the bottom frame. On every attempt the boss-frame order was completely random. 

Due to DBM constantly switching up which boss is at the top, on the second pull I was taunting the wrong boss. Of course we wiped before I figured out what was going wrong - that I could not rely on DBM boss frames to be in any [order].

DBM boss frames would be more RELIABLE if it simply listed bosses in alphabetical order; as opposed to just randomizing the order the way it is now.

Edited by Abashera, 27 March 2014 - 06:13 AM.

#2 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 884 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:19 AM

Far as I know the dbm frames don't let you target off of them. You sure you aren't confusing our frames from blizzards boss health frames or unit frames? Also, the order appears in order INSTANCE_ENCOUNTER_ENGAGE_UNIT fires which is usually determinant on which boss was attacked first. Which is why it very much sounds like you are talking about blizzards frames. Can you give a screen shot to be sure?

#3 Abashera

Abashera

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:15 AM

I thought it was DBM's frames—The boss frames that appear on the right side of the screen. If that is Blizzard's (joke) frame, then it's screwed up. Maybe DMB could make a frame to replace them, because the default ones are screwed up.

Yes you can click on them to target. I was doing it all through that fight, and click-targeting worked fine.

And I was the one pulling the bosses. I specifically did not target the dogs. I targeted Earthbreaker and I hit him with judgement before the countdown timer hit zero, to make sure I pulled him before anyone else could get a hit in (including the other tank). So if the order was determined by who got aggroed first, it should have been Earthbreaker every single time. However, it's completely random.

Someone told me that was DBM's frames, so I came on here to request a change. /shrug If it is Blizzard's frames, lord help us!!! It will NEVER be fixed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users