Photo

[Added] New feature? Can it be disabled?

You will die Cthun Voice Warning afk idle

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ViperMusashi

ViperMusashi

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:25 PM

TL;DR - Please make the AFK alert optional.

Sorry but I don't remember ever hearing this, so I assumed it'd been recently added. Also, I did quite a bit of research on it, but couldn't find anything except old posts from 2011 about "Making Archaeology more interesting."

I have game sound muted, but of course DBM is setup through master audio, so it's still audible. While farming and questing the other, I kept continuously hearing C'thun saying, "You will die." (Sound clip can be found here). Therefore, I knew the source had to be from DBM. Plus as I recalled, I was able to change warning sounds is the options and this as an available selection.

Which lead me to the World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\DBM-Core\DBM-Core.lua file where there was the bit of code that explained to me what was happened.

if UnitIsUnit(uId, "player") and (health < 65) and not IsEncounterInProgress() and UnitIsAFK("player") and self:AntiSpam(5, "AFK") then--You are afk and losing health, some griever is trying to kill you while you are afk/tabbed out.
			PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\CThun\\CThunYouWillDIe.ogg", "master")--So fire an alert sound to save yourself from this person's behavior. 

I did a google search on it, and PRESTO - only one article on the web (http://dev.deadlybos...ges-r11125.html)  dated just around a week ago. 

So, if at all possible, I'd like to be able to disable this option. Especially if it's going to be screaming at me while I do my errands with my /afk up as an excuse not to reply to every person who sends me a tell. 

Thanks in advance!

#2 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 1220 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:58 PM

I haven't gotten around to adding a disable to it yet. I will add it before next release probably. I just don't know where to put it yet. I probably need to add a new panel for all the misc options that kind of have no good home.
Quest with "busy" instead of "AFK" will solve that problem. It's not fooling anyone when it says "away" but you're out in world. or something

#3 ViperMusashi

ViperMusashi

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:32 AM

I haven't gotten around to adding a disable to it yet. I will add it before next release probably. I just don't know where to put it yet. I probably need to add a new panel for all the misc options that kind of have no good home.
Quest with "busy" instead of "AFK" will solve that problem. It's not fooling anyone when it says "away" but you're out in world. or something

LOL unless they're in Diablo, SC2, or HS. Thanks for the reply though, and I would probably just suggest slamming it under General Options > General Messages > Misc

#4 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 1220 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:04 AM

It was added already before your post

see here:

http://forums.elitis...s-improvements/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: You will die, Cthun, Voice, Warning, afk, idle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users