8 replies to this topic

#1 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 1226 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:09 AM

Rules will be enforced less strictly in this thread.  Hopefully people will be mature and contribute and I won't have to moderate here at all.  Things that are specifically allowed here but not elsewhere include wishlisting, armchair design, feelings and reactions, conjecture, and opinion.  Discussion is as always open to theorycrafting and game play, but things like art that are normally off topic are also included.

Posters still need to use clear and polite language.  And while the objective quality of post content won't be enforced here, posts still do have to have content.  "Here is how I feel about this feature, and why" is a good post.  "I am happy / sad / angry about this feature and am / am not going to resub because of it" is not a good post.

This thread will be locked at the end of the beta when the expansion goes live.  Have fun!

#2 thann

thann

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:50 PM

I have to say I am happy and sad at same time about Symbiosis being removed.  I enjoyed the utility of it but hated having to refresh it every time my target decided to switch talent/glyph.

#3 Avent

Avent

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 03:22 AM

I didn't like it that much, i play mostly resto and it was only good on a shaman! and we never had a shaman until now, when you need all that shaman utility!

#4 Erdluf

Erdluf

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 968 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 04:00 AM

Edit: Oops, I misread the SotF tooltip when I wrote this.  It seems to add 30% mastery only when casting an empowered Wrath or Starfire.  That means the other percentages will drop, and SF/Wr will contribute a bit more, percentage-wise.

I did a simple Balance simulator (CA, SF, Wr, SS, MF, SuF, Flare, shooting stars, and empowerment from Starsurge, no talents other than SotF), just to generate some logs and get a feel for how things would change.  For numbers, I based things off of Wrath:

Starfire: DPET 5% larger than Wrath

Starsurge DPET 100% larger than Wrath

Each DoT tick, 25% of Wrath damage

DoT direct damage, same as a DoT tick (except MF gets double that).

I assumed Flare has its own Eclipse sine wave, which peaks when Lunar/Solar are both at 50%.

I assumed gaining SS from a DoT tick does not reset the 30s SS timer.

I used low gear levels (Crit/Haste/Mastery (with SotF) at 15%, 15%, 82%)

Starsurge count (and direct contribution) drops significantly from what we are used to.  Over a not-quite three minute fight:

• SF 27 casts, 28% of damage
  • Wr 33, 20%
  • MF Ticks: 96, 15%
  • SuF Ticks 95, 13%
  • SS 11, 10%
  • Flare Ticks 66, 9%
  • MF DD 5, 2%
  • Flare DD 11, 1%
  • SuF DD 8, 1%

The other big surprise was how fast the Eclipse% changes in the middle of the curve.  From the log, a Wrath and SunFire were cast simultaneously with, with Solar at 72%, the next cast was a StarFire, completed slightly less than 4s later(gcd+3s cast and not much haste) with Lunar at 68%, so in 4s, the Lunar percentage climbed from 28% to 68%.

Edited by Erdluf, 29 May 2014 - 08:56 PM.

#5 Shalene

Shalene

Glass Joe

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 03:13 AM

Am I the only one that's happy about other classes losing their smart healing?

#6 Jorth

Jorth

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 06:40 AM

I think the change to smart healing was a good one. Seemed far more active for my friend last night. 

Commenting from the Feral standpoint, I actually felt like my Pred.Swiftness heals were of use, I did a small but probably useful amount of healing. Especially in the 5 man. I quite liked having this power. Once improved Rejuv is picked up on the way to 100 I think I will make use of it also.

#7 Maurelle

Maurelle

Glass Joe

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:50 PM

OK, can anyone here offer up some Boomkin help? I'm looking around at enchants/gems etc. Noxxxic is telling me to go for Crit and haste enchants/gems. Icy-veins is saying Mastery. Which is it? I'm getting conflicting reports here and I'd like to be able to maximize my dmg. Thx.

#8 Hotzenplotz

Hotzenplotz

Glass Joe

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 06:53 PM

OK, can anyone here offer up some Boomkin help? I'm looking around at enchants/gems etc. Noxxxic is telling me to go for Crit and haste enchants/gems. Icy-veins is saying Mastery. Which is it? I'm getting conflicting reports here and I'd like to be able to maximize my dmg. Thx.

Mastery at level 100. If you are still leveling I would stay with haste.

#9 Maurelle

Maurelle

Glass Joe

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 03:40 PM

Thanks Joe!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: warlords of draenor, druid, wow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users