3 replies to this topic

#1 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:10 AM

Rules will be enforced less strictly in this thread.  Hopefully people will be mature and contribute and I won't have to moderate here at all.  Things that are specifically allowed here but not elsewhere include wishlisting, armchair design, feelings and reactions, conjecture, and opinion.  Discussion is as always open to theorycrafting and game play, but things like art that are normally off topic are also included.

Posters still need to use clear and polite language.  And while the objective quality of post content won't be enforced here, posts still do have to have content.  "Here is how I feel about this feature, and why" is a good post.  "I am happy / sad / angry about this feature and am / am not going to resub because of it" is not a good post.

This thread will be locked at the end of the beta when the expansion goes live.  Have fun!

#2 Nevernite

Nevernite

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:31 AM

I wonder noone complained about Improved Frost Nova: "After casting Frost Nova, you will instantly teleport 10 yards behind you."
Maybe I DO NOT want to port away? In my opinion that should rather be a minor glyph than an unremovable perk.
Atleast you could use it as a second blink by turning 180° like hunters Disengage.

Also I don't know if it is the right desicion to limit Flame Strike/Blizzard/Arcane Explosion to their respective specs.

Poor arcane mages HAVE to be in the middle of the mobs everytime. Yes I know at the moment, casting Flamestrike on cooldown and then going for for Arcane Explosion spam gets you the most AoE damage. But atleast I have the option to just cast Blizzard (do a little less dps) and finish eating my sandwich.

Knowing the Meteor spell from Diablo 3 and its runes, I am very excited about the WoD Meteor spell mages get. :D
Also a bit odd.. as arcane mage you are in the middle of the trash packs spamming Arcane Explosion but then get to choose Arcane Orb as lvl 100 talent. If you are in the middle of the trash pack and launch your orb then about half of the mobs won't get hit by it.
I know fine tuning comes last, but for the moment Comet Storm seems very underwhelming in comparison to its arcane and fire counterparts.

Spoiler

Edited by Nevernite, 11 April 2014 - 02:35 AM.

don't mind the massive amounts of typos and grammar mistakes followed by edits

#3 Heef

Heef

Piston Honda

• Moderators
  • 280 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:41 PM

I'm not in the alpha, but it's not yet clear to me that Improved Frost Nova and Frost Nova will not necessarily be separate spells that you can have simultaneously on your bars or bindings.  

#4 Nevernite

Nevernite

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:25 PM

Improved Frost Nova is a Draenor Perk. I am not in the alpha either, but they stated via twitter that Draenor Perks(improve existing spells and) are always active and can't be removed or 'unglyphed'. Hence it is clear that they won't be seperate spells, as long as it stays a Draenor Perk.

edit// well, what do you say to this; apparently they changed their mind about this perk:

https://twitter.com/...964446209241088

Edited by Nevernite, 16 April 2014 - 12:50 AM.

don't mind the massive amounts of typos and grammar mistakes followed by edits

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Warlords of Draenor, mage, wow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users