2 replies to this topic

#1 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 1229 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:41 PM

*Doing a repost of an earlier page that didn't get enough views since DBM didn't have a news feed yet. This article should show you how to customize your DBM sound experience to be more effective in dungeons/raids.

When will this feature be available?
Now! It's been available since May 2013.

Why do we have an enable/disable for a feature like this?
It's a pretty complex feature and one that certainly clutters ui up. It may be more than what some users desire of their UI.

How to Enable?
This feature is now enabled by default for new users. Existing users may have to enable it.
Do /dbm then click on "Options" tab next to "Bosses" at top.
Then click "Special Warnings"
Click "Enable advanced sound options"
Reload your UI with "/console reloadui" or log out and back in again
Advanced options are now enabled.

How to Disable?
Same as Enable
NOTE: If you disable, it just hides the sound options next to each special warning. It will NOT revert changes to any sounds you have made.

Why do I only see 3 sound options?
Something is wrong with LibSharedMedia. Since this is now packaged into DBM, this should no longer happen. Report a bug on DBM forums if you cannot get it to show more than sounds "1", "2", and "3".

Why do I not hear my sound?
It's possible you selected a sound that is no longer on your system. Basically, you have an invalid sound selected in your special warning now. Make sure SharedMedia is loaded and a valid sound is selected in your special warning.

Why do sound names differ on different characters/accounts.?
The DBM duplicate filter removes duplicate sound paths so whatever addon is first mod to register a name with LibSharedmedia for sound file is one that wins. Some mods try to use consistent naming to ensure it lines up regardless of which mod registers first. Other mods like to name stuff different though. For example, on my paladin, clcinfo is earlier in alphabet so it registers "explosion" and "you will die" with "clcinfo" in name before Omen or DBM can register better names for them. Far as functionality is concerned though the correct sound will play regardless of what name won out in the sound list.

#2 Trafalgarlaw

Trafalgarlaw

Glass Joe

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:27 AM

How do I get rid of the "You will die" warning everytime I pull aggro. I've tried just doing the "No sound" and all that but it still says it everytime I pull something..its quite annoying.

#3 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 1229 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:36 AM

That's an AFK warning.

http://forums.elitis...d-you-will-die/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DBM, sound, special warning, deadly boss mods, alerts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users