4 replies to this topic

#1 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:49 PM

DBM now supports user added sounds for more experienced users. There is no GUI for this feature as it's a more complex feature and having a GUI for it could confuse new users that may enable it without adding sound, which would then register blank sounds with libsharedmedia (LSM).

Right now, you must edit your own saved variables on a per character level to set number of installed custom sounds from 0 to whatever the appropriate number is. It will then register media which it will ASSUME is at following location:
Interface/Addons/DBM-CustomSounds/CustomX.ogg where X is numbered sound. This supports 0-9 only.

Sound files MUST be ogg format. On Mac OS X I use X Lossless Decoder (XLD) which is free sound converting app.

Note: This is requires 5.4.16 or later.

• Geldow likes this

#2 Geldow

Geldow

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationAzeroth

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:48 PM

Audacity can export sounds into .ogg format. Its open source, free, available for Windows®, Mac®, GNU/Linux® and other operating systems.

#3 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:49 PM

Good to know what works in windows. I use a pretty solid program on mac already (I list it in that topic). 

#4 woofpup

woofpup

Glass Joe

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 03:39 PM

I'm really sick of the message "deadly Boss Mods Blizzard bugs with addons in 6.0" every freaking time I log a toon online. DBM will be history if this isn't fixed.

#5 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 26 October 2014 - 06:14 PM

For one, that's unrelated to topic you posted in, and two, that's been fixed in alpha for quite some time and is even in the known issues thread. All you have to do to get rid of that is install latest alpha or wait for next release version.

There was a agenda to adding that annoying message though, it puts pressure on blizzard to fix those bugs when I spread awareness of them to hundreds of thousands of users. After adding that message one of those bugs not only got one blue post, but 3 of them, 1 from QA and 2 from a CM, acknowledging the impact of the issue on addons. :) I'm pretty sure they'll be fixing at least that one Tuesday. The other one, hopefully eventually but at least it's easier to work around (turn off sound effects).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: world of warcraft, dbm, deadly boss mods, custom sounds

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users