• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 FuxieDK

FuxieDK

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:29 PM

If you pull Freya with AoE or an aggroed pat pass Freya, boss is aggroed, but mod doesn't fire...

#2 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 1226 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:25 PM

That's pretty normal. Old zones require you target the boss when pulling them. That can't be fixed for every single boss because it requires a localized yell in 11 languages to do. For most part, if the zone was released before ICC, you need to make a habit of targeting boss when pulling them and don't pull them with trash either because if you are already in combat then detection will probably fail too..

The reason DBM worked so well when that content was relevant was because

A. At least ONE person in raid would be targeting boss

B. It wasn't the typical strat to pull the boss with trash.

Fortunately this problem goes away in later content when blizzard finally added real APIs for boss pulls. However, unless they back port them to old bosses, You might as well file this bug report for over 100 bosses as you discover it's a problem on all of them. :\

#3 FuxieDK

FuxieDK

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:22 PM

Sound fair enough..

However, I thought, with the changed made to Hodir (to make DBM proc when pulling the ice blocks), it would be relative easy fix for Freya, as Core was already fixed for that..

Anyway, it's not a major problem.. I only noticed because I pulled a pat by mistake, and then two more groups and got swamped, while. the boss went active, without DBM.
When I pulled Freya the next time, I pulled with AoE, only to confirm my suspesition..

#4 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 1226 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:26 PM

Adding a mobID related to boss is one thing, a mobid for a trash pack not related to boss, not so much.

Boss detection should work as long as you are targeting boss when pulled, even if in combat with other trash, however that targeting boss thing is important.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users