• Please log in to reply
1002 replies to this topic

#1 Cryect

Cryect

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 03:20 AM

Alright Recount basically has reached the point where its almost release ready but not quite (probably a week away or so before I deem it releasable on addon sites). But, its far enough along I feel good with making a real thread for the addon instead of it hidden inside of another thread (the Evaluation Addon thread).

Recount is a damage meter that is designed with being a raid analysis tool and get better information on you can improve player?s performance. This is achieved via using graphs to better convey information than normal to show time based data or pie charts to get a better sense of proportions.

Main Window Modes
This is the main window through which everything else is selected. It has a variety of data display modes which are paged through via the arrows on the title bar. In the future, you will be able to create hot buttons, right click the title for a list, and being able to remove/add modes that are paged through in the options (there is quite a bit of modes as you can see below).

Posted Image

Damage Done- Damage done of course
Friendly Fire- Damage done from friendly targets to other friendly targets
Damage Taken- Damage taken
Healing Done- Healing done to others not including overhealing
Healing Taken- Healing taken not including overhealing
Deaths- How many times has this target died
DOT Uptime- Time DOTS have spent ticking, the number in parenthesis is the average number of DOTs up at once
HOT Uptime- Time HOTS have spent ticking, the number in parenthesis is the average number of HOTs up at once
Dispels- The number of times a target has dispelled
Dispelled- The number of times a target has been dispelled
Interrupts- The number of times a target has interrupted someon
Activity- How much time has this target spent doing attacking/healing actions
Threat- The threat on the current threat target being tracked (algorithm goes for your target first then searches through the next targets of targets, then checks the last place it found a good target, then lastly checks through all targets in your raid for a potential threat target)

Detail Window
This is a way for more detailed info on the main window modes most the modes have 1-3 various detailed modes. Normally they go along the lines of a 2 lists with pie charts. The top mode will often be either a list of abilities/targets sorted based on the main mode chosen then when clicked will tell more on the exact abilites used on the target selected, or targets on the abilities. In the case of Death Mode, you get a list of last 25 actions that occurred in the combat log that occurred with 15 seconds before the death to 1 second after. Future plans are to add a summary report as well in the detail window

Posted Image

Posted Image

Graph Window
This is the heart of the addon and what really makes it unique. Now to get into this mode you shift click on a user in the main window. This window, gives you the ability to see per second values over time for past fights. The window can also integrate the data to give you the running total over time or normalize for better comparison of varying data types. If you wish to compare players you can alt click on their names to bring them in or press the + button on the title bar to bring in all players. These comparison modes are where the stacked mode is intended to be used. In stack mode, it adds the data together so you can see the entire raid DPS/damage. When you normalize in stack mode what this actually creates is a graph where you can see the percent contribution by every person at a moment in time.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Real-time Window
The real-time windows are a precursor to the sparkline window coming in a future version. They are activated by ctrl clicking on a bar in the main window for a trackable value. Basically when you pop one up you get a 10 second real-time graph window of DPS, HPS, or TPS. They will auto scale & change the gridlines based on the current max value. Windows are saved so you can set them up as you like them though there are no profiles or anything for multiple settings yet. Also, windows can?t have their colors etc adjusted. You can also bring up latency, FPS, or raid based windows via /recount real-time.

Posted Image

Download
Most recent version can always be found on WoWAce at the below address

http://files.wowace....unt/Recount.zip
I need to do something useless.

#2 rawrz

rawrz

Casually Serious

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 06:14 AM

Excellent documentation (what many addons lack) for an excellent addon. Replaced sw stats and damagemeters, and never looked back.

#3 Worry

Worry

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 08:16 AM

Curious, if you don't mind me asking, how much MiB is it using?

#4 Rosvall

Rosvall

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 08:26 AM

Looks great, Def going to download this and use it in raids. Though it's not that important, but the colors on the graphs stick a bit in the eyes.

Also one thing else, could you make some tooltips?

Also, Does it sync ?

#5 Daize

Daize

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 08:26 AM

Some things to add perhaps: does it sync with other people having recount? Does it sync with other addons out there?

#6 Vonwen

Vonwen

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 08:52 AM

Keep doing the good job, this is by far the best addon i've seen this far :)

#7 Rosvall

Rosvall

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 09:01 AM

At bootup, about 2MiB After some parsing 3-4ish

#8 Nirija

Nirija

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 09:09 AM

This does indeed look very promising. Can't wait to try it on our next raid.

Thanks, awesome work. Props to you.

Nirija

#9 Ellurion

Ellurion

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 09:28 AM

Haven't found "merge pet" option in your meter and please make it as default.

btw great mod ^_^

good luck!

#10 Dollar

Dollar

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 09:46 AM

This addon is great so far, one question though. How exactly do you get to the Death Mode window? I haven't for the life of me been able to figure it out. Great job.

#11 Vonwen

Vonwen

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 10:15 AM

You get the death window by clicking on someone while browing the Deathcount tab, it's quite an awesome feature tbh ;)

#12 Worry

Worry

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 10:22 AM

At bootup, about 2MiB After some parsing 3-4ish

Very impressive. Thanks :)

#13 Mokhtar

Mokhtar

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 10:53 AM

Would it be possible to have an answer on the sync issue (and cross-mod syncs) ? I'd like to try this but without any idea of whether the data I get is accurate it's useless :)
Looks very very promising though !

#14 Dollar

Dollar

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 11:13 AM

You get the death window by clicking on someone while browing the Deathcount tab, it's quite an awesome feature tbh ;)

Thanks very much, it certainly is awesome.

#15 sp00n

sp00n

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 12:19 PM

Woah.
Seems to be the ultimate damage meter raiding tool I was waiting for a long time.
DPS + death reasons + graphical overview + timeline, fantastic.

Does the detail information already have a similar depth as your modded Recap?
Anyway, it looks very promising and I will certainly recommend this to my guild.

Stopped Playing

#16 RpgWizard

RpgWizard

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 12:36 PM

One thing I would like to request, if this is the appropriate thread to do so, is one regarding the death reporting. Is if possible that you could put the current health of the person whose death log you are looking at at the point in time of the combat log message? It would be a bit more informative with a feature like that, I believe.

#17 Crowl

Crowl

Soda Popinski

• Members
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 12:40 PM

One thing with the death details pane, is there any way to increase the time frame that it captures?

I have noticed a few times that I didn't receive enough damage to kill me in the snapshot, when we are sorting out the reason for a wipe I would like to be able to say I didn't get heals for x seconds what happened here and how can we ensure it doesn't happen next time

#18 Vonwen

Vonwen

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 01:49 PM

Oh and I forgot to ask, could you add a fubar plugin please ? :P

#19 Kozu

Kozu

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 02:49 PM

Amazing, simply amazing...

I never ever seen such a well configured mod, I'm look forward to see the upcoming versions. I hope for some more customizing (like change colors on the frames etc)

#20 Cryect

Cryect

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 03:05 PM

The one thing I should say that increases memory usage by a lot is the Graph Window in stacked mode. The way I'm performing math results in 100kb-300kb increase per operation done though I'm working on improving this at the moment (was slightly higher before I started work on it last night). The memory though created can be freed up immediately by a garbage collection if it concerns you and its also an amusing situation where the more I save memory the slightly slower it will be.

Had avoided fixing it till now because there was other performance issues that I addressed last night.
I need to do something useless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users