• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Bag

Bag

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 07:02 AM

Is it possible with scripting as it is to have a hot timer mod that allows me to click on the hot timer bar to target that person? Basically, what I was thinking was would it be possible to use clique or similar to click the bar and refresh the spell I have bound to that click, so as to manage lifebloom stacks, et al, or swiftmend a rejuv I have ticking on someone without dropping target or having to search around a raid frame.

#2 Mulva

Mulva

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 07:28 AM

Unfortunately frames that are dynamically created, cannot be used for targeting anymore. Same reason you don't see a mod like this is why you don't see a real emergency list, decursive, etc anymore.

edit: well I suppose a mod could be created to do this, but it would only work out of combat and thus be mostly (entirely?) pointless.

#3 Bag

Bag

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 07:29 AM

yeh I was thinking since the timer bar would be considered something like a raid frame, that it would be too dynamic to create in combat, but I figured I'd get some input regardless.

#4 redef

redef

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 08:07 PM

Unfortunately, as far as I know there are no perfect tools for managing druid hots.

One would need to:

1) differentiate between your own hots and those of other players
2) be able to modify the timer duration dynamically (tier 5 set bonus increases the duration of regrowth)
3) be able to track stacks, for lifebloom
4) have an on-click ability to either swiftmend or recast for stacking

Currently I use Chronometer and Perfect Raid.

Chronometer shows durations. At a time it had click-casting, but no longer does. Really, showing hot durations in this way is entirely unpractical unless you are concentrating on a specific single target.

Perfect Raid shows which hots are on which players. However, it cannot differentiate between your hots and another druids (althougth this isn't a problem in my single-resto druid raids), and cannot show stacks. However, with Clique you can click-cast to swiftmend or re-apply hots.

Grid has the benefit of showing HoT durations, but the sever detriment of being able to handle only one HoT at a time.

Posted Image

#5 Vodkagrokka

Vodkagrokka

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 09:12 AM

I would definitely go with Chronometer also. Although, like the other posters said, clicking on the timer bar for your HoT is most likely impossible to refresh the HoT, or target that person (as much as I would like it to).

I mostly just use Pitbull Raid Frames with buff filtering to see what's going on there, and try to glance at my chronometer as much as possible to check on HoT times for lifebloom rotations. Hope this helps at least a little bit.

#6 Spazmo

Spazmo

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 02:06 AM

For HoTs on my druid, I use Grid for my raid frames and GridStatusHots to show up my own HoTs as indicators on the Grid frames. For timers I use DotTimer (which works for HoTs as well as DoTs), because it groups the timers by character. I also have it set so the timers for my current target are at the top of the list. It's not ideal though... I would love to have small timer bars for my HoTs on the Grid unit frames.

#7 Lrigatonmai

Lrigatonmai

owns a cowbell irl

•  Patrons
  • 3,484 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 06:18 PM

Grid can be configured to show lifebloom stacks via an extra module and I use quartz (I think that's the name) to track HoTs on my current target. Grid doesn't differentiate between multiple druids tossing HoTs but that generally isn't a problem for me.
Note: The statement above is probably a lie.

Seriously, stop posting.

#8 Miaxi

Miaxi

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 10:44 PM

GridStatusHots works nicely on my druid to show the counting down timers.

#9 Spazmo

Spazmo

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 02:57 AM

Yes GridStatusHots is very good with numerical countdowns on the grid unit frames. I find bar timers to be a lot more visually accessible than numbers though. At this stage I prefer using a mod like DotTimer even though it's separate from the Grid frame. I would dearly love to have a bar timer for my HoTs directly on the Grid unit frames though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users