• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Malan

Malan

Mike Tyson

• Allied Members
  • 29830 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 08:58 PM

Not what you want to hear from the off tank heading into A'lar Phase 2.

Attached Files

#2 Umph

Umph

Soda Popinski

• Guild Members
  • 2599 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 06:29 AM

Haha, I did it in cat gear last time.

#3 dukes

dukes

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 2034 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 10:30 AM

I've started illidan in cat gear while being one of the fire res tanks (I blame mods!). That was a fun "wipe and go again" moment :<

#4 Daenerys

Daenerys

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 406 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:43 PM

I tried to tank Nightbane in cat gear just a couple weeks ago...didn't work out so well. Apparently I had switched gear after Netherspite to see if that leather helm that dropped was a DPS upgrade.

#5 nickhexum01

nickhexum01

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:35 PM

Yah, I've done something like this a few times. Pisses my healers off something good :-p
\"Seriously just delete Druids, Shamans, and Paladins and make a new class called \"Support\". Give them Auras, Blessing, Innervate, MotW, Battle Rez, and a Restoration Tree.\"

#6 Wubwub

Wubwub

Oh man this is so awesome!!!

• Guild Members
  • 3335 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 01:08 AM

You should be able to see helms in bear form. That way we would know these things immediately, and every bear would have a hat.

And a cape.

#7 Icetro

Icetro

Soda Popinski

• Members
  • 3424 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 02:34 AM

You should be able to see helms in bear form. That way we would know these things immediately, and every bear would have a hat.

And a cape.

Bear Pimp form activate

#8 Sartuk

Sartuk

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 06:52 AM

And a cape.

I've always been a staunch advocate of at least letting the Stylin' Purple Hat show up in Bear form, along with a cloak.

Come on...that would be the most pimp thing ever.

#9 Starbucks

Starbucks

King Hippo

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 11:50 AM

I would level my druid to 70 to watch him dance with a Stylin' Purple Hat and a decent cloak.
Posted Image

The benefactors bar has no threads as such, just multiple discussions in multiple threads. If you find a thread which is completely on topic then something is wrong

#10 Farstrider

Farstrider

Soda Popinski

• Members
  • 4499 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 09:50 AM

I love those moments when people realise they've forgotten something vital. We had a moment the other day where one of our shadowpriests ported to Kara having missed mindflay out of his respec. His dps was *ahem* interesting.
<Fric> I think the only kind of gay buttsex I'd enjoy on any level would be assraping a smug hipster douchebag (also possibly a roid head and/or fratboy/Jersey Shore cast member)
<Zyla> If there's gonna be a dick in the room besides my own, i'd rather it have to be my brother's. You know that kinda sounds bad all typed out like that,

#11 vorda

vorda

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1101 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 10:16 AM

Back in PvP patch 2.0 I daily respecced Enhance to pvp. You can imagine how many times I forgot to get the higher ranks of Mana Tide when going back to resto.. :(

#12 Savetheday

Savetheday

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 10:08 PM

I love those moments when people realise they've forgotten something vital. We had a moment the other day where one of our shadowpriests ported to Kara having missed mindflay out of his respec. His dps was *ahem* interesting.

I did the same thing last week on a Timed ZA. "Why are my spells so mana efficient today?" I didn't notice until after we killed bear, and didn't tell them until after we got the bear. (In fear they would yell at me and get distracted.)

#13 kargathia

kargathia

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 02:43 AM

I love those moments when people realise they've forgotten something vital.

Moments like when I realised that I forgot to equip my gear again after I had been entertaining the raid while waiting for someone to come back by dancing as female NE in black mageweave stuff.

And yea, I've had to tank a few things in cat gear too on my druid, but mostly when I was dps on a boss, and suddenly a tank dies, so I had to pick up something. On the tries where it actually worked me and the healers aged a LOT. It's scary to see your health drop so fast.

Doesn't happen that often though, since I know from myself that I'm very likely to forget things like that, so I've taken to dps'ing trash in tanking gear.

#14 Skjar

Skjar

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 05:44 PM

I was looking at a WWStats recap for SSC a couple weeks ago, and didn't see romulo's vial poison proc. It took me a few minutes to realize I'd probably been wearing my riding crop for the entire raid. Oops.

#15 Lyriia

Lyriia

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 02:24 PM

Lastnight I was in a 2v2 with my fishing pole.....after we won I was like "thank god we just won bc I just realized i'm wearing my fhishing pole..." Had we lost I think my boyfriend would have laid it into me. Thankfully it's the [Seth's Graphite Fishing Pole] with the +52 stam... I suppose I got lucky.

#16 Fix

Fix

King Hippo

• Guild Members
  • 600 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 08:56 PM

Lastnight I was in a 2v2 with my fishing pole.....after we won I was like "thank god we just won bc I just realized i'm wearing my fhishing pole..." Had we lost I think my boyfriend would have laid it into me. Thankfully it's the [Seth's Graphite Fishing Pole] with the +52 stam... I suppose I got lucky.

This...this is just too easy. I won't even go for it.
(16:19:52) (manly) i mean, think of it this way, if you were a retard, do you think you would realize your a retard spreading butter on your chest crying in the rain ?
(16:20:05) (manly) no youd just think thats normal

#17 Tozar

Tozar

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 07:13 AM

We had a similar situation happen on one of our Rage Winterchill kills.

Main Tank: Do I need my Medallion of the Horde for this?
Guild Leader: No, you shouldn't need it, the main tank doesn't get icebolted.
Rage runs into the Alliance Base. First raid warning:
Icebolt on <main tank>!
<main tank> dies.

We then proceded to have one of our feral druids, outfitted in full cat gear, go into bear form to tank the boss. Granted, the fight isn't particularly hard, but he still took 11k crushings.

#18 Mokkori

Mokkori

Banned

• Banned
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 01:23 PM

I know of a Feral Druid who--while tanking Reliquary of Souls--switched into Caster Form to use an emergency Health Potion. The Druid, of course, was out of mana in Caster Form, unable to switch back to Bear. She dodged about two of Reliquary's attacks before dying.

#19 Mihir

Mihir

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 02:22 PM

In cat gear he will take crits as well :P

#20 Edghar

Edghar

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 07:59 PM

He could have combat ressed the tank instead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users