24 replies to this topic

#1 Praetorian

Praetorian

Mike Tyson

• ♦ Administrators
  • 27,801 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 06:01 AM

Posted Image

This fight gets a bad rap, but I actually enjoy it quite a bit. As a healer anyway, it's like the best parts of Twin Emps (back when they were new and hard) without the tedium. No gimmicks or sudden skill checks that instantly wipe you if someone messes up -- just ten minutes of solid execution with a prize waiting at the end.

One more to go, I suppose?

#2 Praetorian

Praetorian

Mike Tyson

• ♦ Administrators
  • 27,801 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 06:02 AM

And a couple of hours later....

Posted Image

Not bad for the first night; can't wait until we get back to him.

#3 Pachwa

Pachwa

Great Tiger

• Guild Members
  • 833 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 06:23 AM

Music that is only played while engaged with him and changes with the phases is the most epic you are ever going to get.

#4 Schneeb

Schneeb

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 11:06 AM

Agreed on council, awesome fun as a healer.

You seem to have passed the hardest bit of the illidan fight, hf teaching your casters to stop dots :)

#5 Icetro

Icetro

Soda Popinski

• Members
  • 3,424 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 12:06 PM

The return of a flexing Tauren in the killshot.

You chase your dreams, Ikegotih, and never let anyone tell you otherwise.

#6 Quigon

Quigon

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 08:03 PM

How long did illdari take you? I had heard about 4 hours of raid time is average to dropping them.

It is reassuring to hear that the last two fights rely on skill rather than a random number generator. We cleared the entire shahraz trash the first time and saw maybe 1 heart, that sums up that for us.

#7 Ghando

Ghando

Bald Bull

• Guild Members
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 08:08 PM

We worked on them for 4-5 hours on Saturday, with a number of attempts (3-ish) that would have been kills if not for a lack of understanding regarding the stealable spell shield. Basically, it would wear off our Mage tank and it wasn't up again to steal, so he'd get one-shotted and we'd wipe. Gurg figured out what was going on after the raid, and we dropped them on our 2nd pull Monday. I don't think any of us are worried about repeating the kill.

#8 Relwin

Relwin

Lucas Cat

• Moderators
  • 6,928 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 08:10 PM

Took us about four hours of actual raiding I'd reckon. We had some connection issues with a few people and subbing in and out due to prior plans which lengthened our overall time. (not to mention the EJ summer computer curse) Came back last night and could've dropped them on first sight though as the fight is very very easily repeatable.

The trick to the Shahraz trash is find the most annoying Survival hunter you can and let him farm up the riches of BT for the rest of the guild. It's worked for us so far!

#9 Praetorian

Praetorian

Mike Tyson

• ♦ Administrators
  • 27,801 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 08:26 PM

How long did illdari take you? I had heard about 4 hours of raid time is average to dropping them.

It is reassuring to hear that the last two fights rely on skill rather than a random number generator. We cleared the entire shahraz trash the first time and saw maybe 1 heart, that sums up that for us.

1 heart is pretty horrible luck. I think we averaged 6-7 per clear, with a high of 12 or 13 on a couple of occasions.

As for Council, they're purely about execution, but it's not a complex multi-phase fight with various gimmicks you have to learn. Go in, get everything tanked, and keep it tanked even if it means you let some DPS die in order to prioritize tank healing, and everything will come together quickly enough.

To save you the time: Spellsteal Zerevor's buff the instant it's recast, every time; if he goes magic immune, it removes the buff, and it won't be recast in time. If this doesn't make sense now, it will once you see the fight. They would've died after a couple of hours if not for this little quirk (bug?).

#10 GIJebus

GIJebus

Cauterize with Holy Fire

• Guild Members
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 09:20 PM

Music that is only played while engaged with him and changes with the phases is the most epic you are ever going to get.

Go find these in the mpqs for me

#11 Pachwa

Pachwa

Great Tiger

• Guild Members
  • 833 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 11:28 PM

If I knew how I would and I would be listening to them right now.

#12 GIJebus

GIJebus

Cauterize with Holy Fire

• Guild Members
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 09:36 AM

I find:
http://www.wowrose.c...20/t-42720.html
That list audio in BT, nice music. (Asian page)

edit: makes gathering herbs so epic

#13 Raylen

Raylen

stop kissing Gurgs ass 24/7

• Guild Members
  • 2,942 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 01:23 PM

The return of a flexing Tauren in the killshot.

You chase your dreams, Ikegotih, and never let anyone tell you otherwise.

i laughed

#14 frmorrison

frmorrison

Protector

• Allied Members
  • 11,427 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 01:57 PM

Woot, a flexing Tauren!

Grats, looking forward to seeing Illidan down.

#15 Quigon

Quigon

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:03 PM

Good luck on Illidan. Unless a calamity befalls your guild he should be dead this week I assume.

#16 Praetorian

Praetorian

Mike Tyson

• ♦ Administrators
  • 27,801 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:35 PM

Good luck on Illidan. Unless a calamity befalls your guild he should be dead this week I assume.

I'm remaining cautiously optimistic.

Ever the positive thinker and motivator, I made sure to plant the seeds of future success when I commented to our MT during our brief attempts on Monday, "Man, wouldn't it suck if we had Illidan at like 7% and you missed a Shear?"

#17 Pachwa

Pachwa

Great Tiger

• Guild Members
  • 833 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:42 PM

You wouldn't have to kill me in real life for that, because I would already be on top of that :(

#18 Praetorian

Praetorian

Mike Tyson

• ♦ Administrators
  • 27,801 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 01:57 PM

I'm remaining cautiously optimistic.

Ever the positive thinker and motivator, I made sure to plant the seeds of future success when I commented to our MT during our brief attempts on Monday, "Man, wouldn't it suck if we had Illidan at like 7% and you missed a Shear?"

Of course, what I really should've said was, "wouldn't it suck if we had Illidan at 12% and everyone decided to forget about parasites because 'omg he's trapped, burn!!'?"

It's a very good fight though -- Quigon, if you like Kael, you'll definitely enjoy Illidan.

#19 manly

manly

Soda Popinski

• Guild Members
  • 3,596 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 04:01 PM

To save you the time: Spellsteal Zerevor's buff the instant it's recast, every time; if he goes magic immune, it removes the buff, and it won't be recast in time. If this doesn't make sense now, it will once you see the fight. They would've died after a couple of hours if not for this little quirk (bug?).

WoW Forums -> Hotfixes for the Month of July

- High Nethermancer Zerevor will retain Dampen Magic even after Gathios the Shatterer casts Blessing of Spell Protection on him in the Black Temple - Illidari Council encounter.
<Eej> YOU"RE GONNA PULL
<Eej> IF YOU SQUEEZE OFF ANOTHER ARCANE BLAST
<Spectear> You've obviously never played with Manly.
<Spectear> That's hardly a reason to stop DPS.
Very Manly Staff

#20 Melador

Melador

Mercurial Rapper

• Guild Members
  • 4,627 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 10:36 PM

Yeah Council's pretty much ideal for ToL healing -- I just keep lifebloom up on two tanks constantly and one of the two others depending on the situation, and it ends up being a ridiculous amount of healing. Not the most exciting fight to heal, but it's fun trying to stay aware of flamestrike/blizzard and not zoning out entirely to the rhythm of lifebloom refreshes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users