44 replies to this topic

#1 Rugrud

Rugrud

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 01:18 PM

Hello,
until recently, i was using Totemus for managing the totems (ie having a pop up menu to chose them and having a timer for each one).
I have changed recently my ui and i'm trying to use as much Ace addon as possible (mainly for the confort of updating...). And at the same time, totemus isn't displaying the duration anymore...

So i'm looking for a replacement for it. I have tried Yata, but it doesn't work on my account (french one, if that makes a difference). I have the menu, but nothing else. Nothing appear when i use a totem, nowhere to chose the totem from.

I was considering using getwood for the duration display, and sphere for chosing the totems, but i'm not totally satisfied with sphere (i really liked the fact in totemus that you could recast easilly the last used totem).

So, i don't know what to do... What are you using for your shaman characters?

thanks in advance

#2 whuz

whuz

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 01:27 PM

GotWood

Have you posted the error you get on the Yata thread in the wowace forums?

#3 Squrf

Squrf

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 01:27 PM

I use Chronometer for the timing and an array of totem buttons. No sequence macros or specific mods for it, it's a fairly simple task. I arrange my totems in columns by element with my most commonly used ones at the top. About the only addition I'd like to make to my setup is an audio cue when the 2 minutes is about to be up, since I occasionally miss refreshing by a few seconds in the heat of combat.

#4 Kaytikat

Kaytikat

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 02:24 PM

I'm very happy using Call of Elements both for selecting totems and also showing timers.

#5 Miaxi

Miaxi

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 02:38 PM

GotWood and /castsequence macros.
I got annoyed that I couldn't remove the Yata buttons from my screen. :/

#6 Sichosis

Sichosis

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 03:13 PM

While my shaman is only level 20, I use GotWood and love it.

#7 Illundai

Illundai

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 03:23 PM

Yata (Yet Another Totem Addon)

#8 Varag

Varag

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 24 July 2007 - 03:33 PM

Does GotWood or YATA closely replicate existing TotemTimers functionality?

#9 Zygot

Zygot

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 03:42 PM

I use Shamanspy. Its show cooldown on totems, reincarnation and ticks on specific totems like poison clean totem and etc.

#10 Jezele

Jezele

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 05:50 PM

I prefer TotemTimers myself. The totems themselves are located in an easy to manage format, with the "default" option for each element customizable by the player. I also like the rez timer and shield timers - especially as I'm not always able to pay attention to where my earth shield target is at all times, it's good to have it in an easy to spot location.

#11 Justin3563

Justin3563

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 06:25 PM

I use Shamanspy. Its show cooldown on totems, reincarnation and ticks on specific totems like poison clean totem and etc.

Where can we find Shamanspy?

#12 WraithTwo

WraithTwo

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 06:32 PM

I use Chaman2 (totemmanager) for totemtimers, and earth/lightning/water shield tracking. I really like the display on the timers, giving me a bar that diminishes over time, and if the totem is destroyed (or the shield runs out of charges), the bar turns red, giving me a visual notification that is extremely easy to identify, even when my attention is diverted elsewhere.

#13 Yessia

Yessia

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 06:43 PM

Wow, just tried this myself and it's quite nice. It will also give warnings when totems are about and then expire. Just wish it was a little more customizeable, can't resize the timers or get rid of the ankh timer(my cooldown mod watches that already) but I'll probably use it anyway, thanks!

P.S. found it on wowace.com/files

#14 Ohi

Ohi

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 04:09 PM

I use YATA for the bar to manage my totems and I use GotWood for my timers.. I know it's silly using 2 addons when 1 can do it, but I had problems with YATA's timers. I used gotwood before that for the purpose of the timers only and had no issue so kept that part and used YATA for my totem management.

#15 Illundai

Illundai

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 04:11 PM

Where can we find Shamanspy?

Seconded? Link please!

#16 Hodan

Hodan

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 04:20 PM

Seconded? Link please!

http://files.wowace....py-r42864.7.zip

#17 Xoya

Xoya

Bald Bull

• Allied Members
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 01:27 AM

TotemTimers. It has the most options in the most minimalistic fashion and is easy to use and set up.

#18 zancii

zancii

I has a Saber!

•  Patrons
  • 717 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 04:33 AM

I use TotemTracker to monitor my totems, it is very minimalistic.

#19 Roxaz

Roxaz

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 05:20 AM

i use TotemTimers to track the ticks/duration and Chaman2 to check the number of people in range of my totems.

#20 Rob

Rob

Paid $25 To Raid

• Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 05:57 PM

I use Yata to manage totems and for the timer bars. I like that I can build a "raid" set, a "5 man set", a "solo" set, a "PvP" set and switch between them quickly; I also think Yata has the best timers by far of any addon I've yet tried. (Gotwood's are very similar, but they have a bigass ugly piece of wood behind them that I haven't figured out how to get rid of, and they don't work any better than Yata's for me.)

Unfortunately, Yata does not offer Reincarnation, Lightning Shield, or Windfury monitors. So I also use TotemTimers for exclusively that purpose. I would drop it in a heartbeat if there was a mod that did just these things, or if these features were incorporated into Yata; the Lightning Shield monitor part of TotemTimers has been buggy for me and I'd like one that works better. I looked at Chaman2 today, which I could get used to for Ankh/LS/WF timers, but I don't like the way it does totems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users