• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 frmorrison

frmorrison

Protector

• Allied Members
  • 11,427 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 08:26 PM

Any timer mod will work, even DoTimer has support for totem's different timers. It has has support for buffs to track Shields.

I prefer Yata myself for timers, it looks the best.

#22 Miaxi

Miaxi

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 08:29 PM

that I haven't figured out how to get rid of,

rightclick-> lock

#23 kronchev

kronchev

Great Tiger

• Allied Members
  • 980 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 08:49 PM

I use YATA.

It gives you another bar with 4 spaces (one for each type duh :D) and you set each to the totem you want. When you mouse-over a school it pops a little menu of the other totems in that school too so you're not just locked into those 4. It has a ton of advanced things like totem sets, etc, I haven't even looked at. And yeh, it adds timers too.
It was a question of how the abilities of the fight are handled. I did not know the answer so I come to the place where I expect to see well formulated, concise and correct answers. Not snotty comments. - eclectic778

Vent is only necessary because of bad players. - ebbv

"WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

#24 scrub

scrub

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 03:03 PM

I use a mod simply called TotemTimer. I'v used others but I like this one best.

Has bar with 4 Icons for each totem type. Simply has the time remaining underneath. Also shows when tremor/clensing totems will tick by the icon filling up green.
Has a dropdown (or up in my case) menu to select totems, I only use that for totems I use infrequently though. Also has a recast last totem option that you can bind to a key or icon click.

Has a seperate few icons for water/lightning sheild and earthshield, which shows the charges left and lets you cast with a right or left click.

Also has a single button for weapon buffs, that you can set to do different ones on left and right click and like the totems has the duration underneath.

I like this mod because its very simple and doesn't take up much space and shows only what I'm interested in knowing.

- surl.se/cgri

Screenie of how I have mine set up. Its available on wowinterface

#25 Negative

Negative

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 03:11 PM

I'm using YATA at the moment, but I might try out some of the other ones later.

#26 Kulaar

Kulaar

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 03:15 PM

A more interesting question is: what "Earthshield tracker addon" are you using? I currently have EarthShieldTrackerFu installed but its kind of buggy :/

#27 Gorbag

Gorbag

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 07:55 PM

A more interesting question is: what "Earthshield tracker addon" are you using? I currently have EarthShieldTrackerFu installed but its kind of buggy :/

I'm currently using the Totem Timers / Earth Shield tracker in chaman2 (aka TotemManager)

TotemManager | Downloads

It gives some nice features related to Earth Shield, including both the number of ticks remaining on the castee, but also lets you cast it on your current target or your focus target. When the ticks run out on your last person you casted it on, the bar attached to the Earth Shield caster turns a nice red color, drawing your attention to the fact it has run out. I personally usually keep it set to "focus" during 25 man raids unless I'm watching a specific mob for interrupts.

I also prefer chaman2's right click to expand and select an elements totems options, and left click to cast the totem. Only real wish I'd have for the mod would be the ability to resize the frames, as well as a graphical menu, since the only way to configure it currently is through a text menu enabled via typing /c2.

Also, if you don't like its embedded totem related options, you can hide those particular frames through the text commands and just keep the Earth Shield frame visible.

#28 Rugrud

Rugrud

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:13 AM

For earthshield, i'm juste using grid. Green dot in the lower right corner = ES.
It's easy to see if it's still here, i just have to remember which player i'm using ES on if we're several resto shaman, that something i can manage... ^^

#29 Labrie

Labrie

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 01:57 PM

At the moment, I use YATA in conjunction with another mod, Shaman Friend from curse.

Shaman Friend for those who don't know, is just a little mod that shows a few handy things. It shows what your grounding totem absorbs, has a few little messages that yell at you if you initiate combat without a shield and weapon imbue, as well as broadcasting what your purge removed in any of the raid channels. If you interrupt a spell via earth shock, it also broadcasts what you interrupted. Its especially handy because you dont have to scan some combat log everytime you're purging or interrupting.

#30 Bigwig

Bigwig

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 08:29 PM

GotWood, and I'm working on adding a Water Shield timer bar to it.

#31 scrub

scrub

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:42 PM

GotWood, and I'm working on adding a Water Shield timer bar to it.

TotemTimers has a working Earthshield & Water sheild tracker.

Honestly, I'v yet to see another mod thats so simple and small that has anything extra that I could need.

#32 Nennx

Nennx

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:58 PM

I use yata, the only problem I had was when I was resto, mana tide would bug out the mod completely. Since I've updated it, I haven't had any problem with it at all.

#33 sensory

sensory

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 01:22 PM

Using TotemTimers atm, but there's a new Ace2 totem addon currently in beta called Numen, and it looks very promising.

Numen (a totem button addon) - Official Topic

#34 castille

castille

μ

•  Patrons
  • 2,321 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 01:35 PM

Totemus is pretty hawt, frees up a lot of bar space, and makes it easier to keep out specific totem groups by school (since everything is divvy'd up for you). It also has a little 'timer' bar that you can move around to wherever.
23:40:55> [Illidan Stormrage's] [Shear] was blocked by [Castille].

#35 Moshne

Moshne

Soda Popinski

•  Patrons
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:43 AM

I use Chaman2 (Totemmanager) simply because of the ability to hotkey "default" totems to 4 buttons. Basically I can put an air/earth/water/fire totem on default, hit the same four buttons and keep the refreshed, then I use my keybinds for "reactive" totems that I wouldn't otherwise have down all the time like Grounding and Tremor etc.

However, it is buggy, atm, I can't get the air menu to completely condense onto itself.

I also recommend ShamanFriend (Ace2 mod) for all shaman, even at the minimum usage, it is wonderful for tracking grounding totem, purges, interrupts etc.

#36 ewichern

ewichern

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 03:30 PM

Chronometer tracks totem durations as well as tracking everything else, so I just use that.

I used YATA for quite awhile for a totembar, but I've dropped it completely in favor of /castsequence macros and putting all my totems on my Geist popup.

#37 Neera

Neera

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 05:02 AM

If you use Quartz and don't use your focus target for anything else, you can use Quartz to display remaining Earth Shield charges. Just set your focus to who you have Earth Shield on and enable Quartz > Buff > Focus (then set its anchor to Free).

#38 Iol

Iol

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 02:50 PM

I'm really liking ShammySpy right now.. Really like the totem duration under the icon, and the timed ticks on the icon, as well as the icon itself pulsing for pulse totems, like tremor.

#39 Anos

Anos

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 05:14 PM

I have been really satisfied with Chaman2

The totems have bar timers that count down. If one is destroyed the bar turns red for an easy visual notification. There are separate and movable bars for ankh timer and number in inventory. Also your weapon buff (WF/FT etc) plus your shields are separate and movable.

Right clicking any row of totems allow you to preload whatever totem you will need. Left clicking it drops the chosen totem.

Your elemental pets are also included in the totem choice menus in the appropriate element class. (Fire,Earth)

Finally, there is a "class row" of hotkeys that you can pre-assign certain sets of totems to become droppable. This is for pvp and my experience with PvP is very limited so therefore can't really say how well or how efficient it handles it.

The screenshot on curse shows all of them clumped together but you can move them around pretty much however and wherever you would like them.

#40 Fodla

Fodla

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 03:38 PM

I'm a fan of Totemus. It's quite large on memory usage, but it has a multitude of other features on top of totems:
You can configure the extra buttons for both left and right click usage and there are extra buttons on the circle to configure left and right click usage for other abilities. i.e. ghostwolf and purge on one say, or astrall recall and rez on another.

And the totem buttons themselves are left/right/middle click usable for swapping totems of the same element.

There is a pot button. Left click for mana/right for health. A food/water button that updates and prioritises your food and water (i.e. mage water is used first). Left for water, right for food.

The 'mount' button recognises if you're in outland and not in a city and autoswaps between flying mount and ground mount.

The totem timers i find are fine. There are different viewable variations. Square formation, column formation, row formation, differing backgrounds. It also pops up a warning message when the totems are running out (at 10s to go).

The centre has varying options for viewing your health/mana and includes a self rez timer. And is also configured as a button for left and right clicking.

All in all a very useful mod.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users