• Please log in to reply
807 replies to this topic

#1 Maliva

Maliva

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 04:23 PM

I'm a big advocate of GRID for a combination of both the functionality and the look, and I would like to see how other GRID users have modified it or combined it with other Addons to increase their healing performance.

Some of the things I would like to be able to do in GRID but haven't figured out how (maybe I need other mods for it):

Pets - I would like to be able to have a seperate Pet box....I'm almost always the main Lock healer on our Gruul runs and I hate having the nice GRID box and have to have a crappy generic raid frame for the pets.

Multiple Debuffs - Currently Dispellable Debuffs show as a single center ICON, but it doesn't tell me how many debuffs my raidmate has on them. Specifically when I'm pvping, I want to be able to see UA on a character so I know to PWS myself before dispelling it, without having to take an extra second to click, review debuffs, then dispell....those couple of extra seconds mean a lot. And I dont want to see beneficial debuffs that I have accidentally dispelled in the past :(

Side/Center Icons - I read somewhere there was a new GRID addon that gave 4 extra indicators for the center on the bottm/top/left/right giving a total of 8 instead of jus the corners but I can't find it....does this exist?

I currently use Perl Classic to show my Target/TargetofTarget/ToToT. Is there a way to do this in GRID? I dont think so but thought I'd throw it out there.

#2 Malan

Malan

Mike Tyson

• Allied Members
  • 29,830 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 04:54 PM

I
Side/Center Icons - I read somewhere there was a new GRID addon that gave 4 extra indicators for the center on the bottm/top/left/right giving a total of 8 instead of jus the corners but I can't find it....does this exist?

http://files.wowace....tors-r26541.zip

#3 Maliva

Maliva

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 05:13 PM

http://files.wowace....tors-r26541.zip

Thanks, I was all over wowace.com last night and couldn't find the damn thing, they really need a better web layout IMO....

on a side note, GoA>WF :-P

#4 c0rnflake

c0rnflake

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 05:30 PM

Multiple Debuffs - Currently Dispellable Debuffs show as a single center ICON, but it doesn't tell me how many debuffs my raidmate has on them. Specifically when I'm pvping, I want to be able to see UA on a character so I know to PWS myself before dispelling it, without having to take an extra second to click, review debuffs, then dispell....those couple of extra seconds mean a lot. And I dont want to see beneficial debuffs that I have accidentally dispelled in the past :(

I'm pretty sure you can't display more than one buff/debuff icon, but you can work around it using the priority system. Since I can't dispel curses, I set the priority for curses to be lower than everything else. I also don't want a random debuff displaying when someone has Unstable Affliction, so I manually add UA and then set it's priority to be higher than magic debuffs.

#5 Jaizha

Jaizha

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 06:04 PM

Pets. There was a branch of Grid that included support for warlock and hunter pets (see Pet for Grid for reference). The last comment from the branch's author was that he thought it was about ready to merge into Grid itself, so you shouldn't need to wait much longer for pets to be supported as standard -- if, of course, all goes well with the merging.

#6 illepic

illepic

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 06:50 PM

Grid + Mana Bars

Leading raids, I often want to see where my healers are at mana-wise on an individual basis, rather than class wide (XRS does that just fine). Give it a shot, I found it to be a little more CPU intense.

#7 Imp

Imp

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 07:04 PM

Grid + Mana Bars

Leading raids, I often want to see where my healers are at mana-wise on an individual basis, rather than class wide (XRS does that just fine). Give it a shot, I found it to be a little more CPU intense.

Grid Mana Bars

back on topic, heres my Gridlayout with a short explanation.
My Char is a disc/holy Priest.

Posted Image
upper left corner: ticking hots
upper middle corner: incoming heals
upper right corner: my hots
center text1: name
center text2: hp-deficit
center icon buff/debuff
lower left corner: low mana
lower middle corner aggro
lower right corner: oor, offline, dead

#8 Maliva

Maliva

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 07:20 PM

Grid Mana Bars

nice, i'll have to check that out. Currently I have one of my indicators to show when a player is less than 25% mana. Since I'm not leading raids and can't innervate or mana tide I just need to know when they are low so I can help them out if I've got the mana to spare.

#9 Bigwig

Bigwig

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 08:27 PM

I only use three corners: Earth Shield, Healing Way, and incoming heals. I disabled the center icon, it's just way too obtrusive.

My texts are name and HP deficit.

Currently I have one of my indicators to show when a player is less than 25% mana.

That's a good idea. I think I'll add a 75% mana indicator for manatide. Thanks.

#10 Kaber

Kaber

King Hippo

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 08:37 PM

I think what bothers me most about Grid is that despite all the updates, it still does not have an option to show Lifebloom. I use NECB to watch my HoT ticks with my druid, but those bars get crowded and difficult to follow since I have yet to find a way to turn off everything but my own spells on other people. It would be nice to be able to setup one of my corners for lifebloom. As far as debuffs go, I only turn on the ones I can cure and set Curses above Poison on priority (except for the old-school Chromaggus fight where I was on poison cleansing duty, but those days are long gone).

I do wish Grid supported pets.

edit: oh, and if you find the center icon is taking up too much room, try adjusting the size of the frame. I usually stretch the width out to around 50+ and drop the height to ~20 (requires setting the health to drop horizontally rather than vertically). It gives me a much better visual on how much health is dropping despite all the extra icons that pop up from heals, HoTs, and debuffs. It requires more space, but I generally run with it on the bottom right of my screen so the only thing that gets in the way is the tooltip, which I disable in grid.

#11 Karakas

Karakas

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 08:45 PM

You can also drop the size of the central icon in one of the settings. I have mine set to "14" which makes the icon a lot less obtrusive, and still allows you to easily see the health of the person without having to concentrate on the bar hidden behind the icon.

#12 whuz

whuz

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 08:51 PM

I think what bothers me most about Grid is that despite all the updates, it still does not have an option to show Lifebloom. I use NECB to watch my HoT ticks with my druid, but those bars get crowded and difficult to follow since I have yet to find a way to turn off everything but my own spells on other people. It would be nice to be able to setup one of my corners for lifebloom. As far as debuffs go, I only turn on the ones I can cure and set Curses above Poison on priority (except for the old-school Chromaggus fight where I was on poison cleansing duty, but those days are long gone).

Why don't you just add a new buff called Lifebloom? You could also move to an actual HoT/DoT timer so that only spells you cast are shown.

#13 cigar3tte

cigar3tte

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:01 PM

I think what bothers me most about Grid is that despite all the updates, it still does not have an option to show Lifebloom. I use NECB to watch my HoT ticks with my druid, but those bars get crowded and difficult to follow since I have yet to find a way to turn off everything but my own spells on other people.

huh?

Index of /GridStatusLifebloom/

been out for a while now.

as the for me, i completely got rid of the center icon thing for debuffs. i (druid) set poison as dark green on top right corner, and curse on middle right with purple.

bottom left is bright purple for Rejuv, bottom middle is Lifebloom, which goes from dark green, green, to bright green for the stacks. Regrowth shows on bottom right as yellow.

top middle is dark blue for those missing MOTW, and top left is red for those with aggro.

i can't recall what i did with left middle section.

#14 Kaber

Kaber

King Hippo

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:08 PM

huh?

Index of /GridStatusLifebloom/

been out for a while now.

as the for me, i completely got rid of the center icon thing for debuffs. i (druid) set poison as dark green on top right corner, and curse on middle right with purple.

bottom left is bright purple for Rejuv, bottom middle is Lifebloom, which goes from dark green, green, to bright green for the stacks. Regrowth shows on bottom right as yellow.

top middle is dark blue for those missing MOTW, and top left is red for those with aggro.

i can't recall what i did with left middle section.

When I go into the Auras, the only buffs I see are rejuv, renew, restoration, and power word: shield. I must be missing it somehow, since I have the latest version from wowace. If I dont find it I'll try adding it manually.

#15 cigar3tte

cigar3tte

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:13 PM

When I go into the Auras, the only buffs I see are rejuv, renew, restoration, and power word: shield. I must be missing it somehow, since I have the latest version from wowace. If I dont find it I'll try adding it manually.

in the search box, put in "Grid". you're missing extra modules.

#16 Issues

Issues

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:17 PM

For pvp purposes I've added a whole bunch of debuffs and set them to different priorities, UA being 99, Seed of corruption being 98, then ticking down the list according to debuffs which i want to dispell the most. It's really only useful in av or eots, but never mind small details like that:p

As for pve, i've set up lots of encounter specific spells (conflag, static charge, insidious whisper etc) to go on the centre text 1 bar in big red letters (covering the name), which still leaves any dispellable debuffs shown on the centre icon.

The grid manabar mod is pretty nice if a little buggy, and the pet addon mentioned above is again pretty useful, if a bit annoying. For a soullinked encounter i'd usually set the pet to focus target, and on voidreaver type encounters i'd set the pets as playertargets, mainly cos my grid is designed to fit in a small space which the pet addon fucks up:p

#17 Kasonic

Kasonic

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:50 PM

I'm satisfied with Grid, but has anyone finished a Pet module for it? So tired of using the Blizzard pet frame.

Perhaps similar to the Mana Bars plugin, horizontal along the bottom of the owner's health.

#18 Spazmo

Spazmo

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:02 AM

What I would absolutely love to see is a timer bar for important buffs/debuffs directly on the grid unit frames (similar look to the mana bar grid addon I guess). Specifically, as a resto spec'd druid who uses Lifebloom a lot, I would love to have a bar timer counting down lifebloom duration on raid members. I currently use GridStatusHoTs to show an indicator for my lifeblooms and DotTimer for timer bars. DotTimer is good, but rather than looking at a separate list of timer countdown bars, I would love to have the timer bars directly on the grid unit frames that have the Lifebloom cast on them. I know that GridStatusHoTs can show a numerical countdown on the grid unit frames, but my brain honestly can't register numbers half as easily as a graphical candybar style countdown.

#19 Malan

Malan

Mike Tyson

• Allied Members
  • 29,830 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:57 AM

I'm satisfied with Grid, but has anyone finished a Pet module for it?

If you'd read so far into the thread as post #5, you would have seen the answer.

#20 Eyago

Eyago

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 05:52 AM

So I'm pretty certain there's no easy for this functionality, but I figure I'll ask:

Is it possible to create separate Grid profiles based on location/party size and have Grid switch easily between them? Ex: 40man profile for AV with certain debuffs prioritized, 5 man profile for arenas where something like UA is important to notice, 10/25 man profiles for raiding. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users