• Please log in to reply
809 replies to this topic

#21 Camora

Camora

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 06:11 AM

So I'm pretty certain there's no easy for this functionality, but I figure I'll ask:

Is it possible to create separate Grid profiles based on location/party size and have Grid switch easily between them? Ex: 40man profile for AV with certain debuffs prioritized, 5 man profile for arenas where something like UA is important to notice, 10/25 man profiles for raiding. Thanks.

Yes, you can set different profiles for grid, and change them easily, just like most Ace addons. You have to configure each one individually of course, but it is very doable. I wish i was at a computer with WoW on it so i could give you a bit more detail :(

#22 chrull

chrull

弾幕

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 06:37 AM

upper right corner: my hots

Hum, how is that done?

I've been using my grid setup for along time now and when I set it up that wasn't possible as far as I know. Is it easily done now or do I need a special module for it?

#23 Rugrud

Rugrud

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 08:49 AM

I've got a small problem since a week or two i think. I used to have lower right corner to show shaman shields (green = earth, blue = water and red = lightning) (ok, in fact just earth is usefull, and water to be sure i have it).

But recently, water shield refuse to show up.. I've tried to cancel/remake the buff, it won't work... Same for fortitude buffs with my priest. Do you have any idea from where it could come? (updating often with WAU, and french client, if that matter).

Thanks if you have an idea...

#24 Arkangelll

Arkangelll

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 09:11 AM

Hm, as it is summer and we have many people on vacation i often have to jump in to raids with my druid to heal, so i spent a lot of time to make Grid perfect for me. (And now his UI is much better than my mains >_>)

So my Grid looks like this...
Center Icon
- OOC - missing MoTW on all classes, Thorns on warriors (thorns has less prio)
- IC Poison/Curse on the target (poison has prio because the SSC ones at leo... hurt...)
Health bar
Shows the missing health has range indicator, shows offline status.
Center Text 1
Name, missing health
Center Text 2
Remaining time from lifebloom
Border
My target
Top left corner
Aggro indicator
Top right corner
Regrowth HoT
Bottom right corner
Reju HoT
Bottom left corner
Incoming heal from somebody else in the raid
Left side
Lifebloom on the target (shares the same colors as the center text 2)

This is what i have so far, using mana bars to watch other healers mana.(i cba to waste innervate on a class who has no spirit #_#)
Few changes will be made, wanna use the other side indicators as well.

Rugrud, tried to delete the Grid folders and download them manually?

#25 Imp

Imp

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:19 AM

Hum, how is that done?

I've been using my grid setup for along time now and when I set it up that wasn't possible as far as I know. Is it easily done now or do I need a special module for it?

GridLayoutForHealers
GridStatusHealer
GridStatusHots

Don't know in which one the indicator for "my hots" is, but i think one of these will provide it.

#26 Sirloin

Sirloin

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 05:51 PM

As a resto druid, here is a summary of the way I use Grid.

Top Corner Marks: Swiftmendable Druid Hots

Top Left is for Regrowth, with "My Regrowth" top priority bright color, covering "any Regrowth" darker color
Top Right is for Rejuv, same scheme, My Rejuv gets priority over someone elses

Bottom Left Mark: Mortal Strike / Inspiration
MS is bright red and has high priority over inspiration/ancestral thing

Bottom Right Mark: Priesty Stuff
PW:S and Renew. I also use a low priority light gray for Mark/Gift of the Wild for buffing out of combat.

Center Text2: Lifebloom Management
This uses one of the Hot Duration mods already mentioned. It displays the numerical time left on my stack (example: 1.3s) and is color coded for stack size (red=1, yellow=2, green=3). At a lower priority, this text displays the duration of my rejuv on the target, in a low-contrast color.

Center Text 1: Just Name
I always like to see everyone's name. I tried health deficit, but it really didn't seem that useful to me.

Center Icon: Curable Debuffs (Poison/Curses)

Outside Border: Aggro and Immunities
Top Priority: Blessing of Protection (Green) / Iceblock (Blue)
Middle Priority: Aggro Alert (Red)
Lowest Priority: Low Mana (Gray)

Unrelated to Grid but definitely worth mentioning: I recently positioned the Quartz Global Cooldown Spark Bar to sit right on top of Grid, and it has really helped me keep the spells churning.
My Steam Profile (Aether) Cherish the difference between 58° and 59°.

#27 pooclops

pooclops

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 06:17 PM

A lot of people frown on having raid frames for dps but I love knowing if people are hurt, dienig dead etc, I dont always see a need to not have them, but for some fights I see no reason why not. It can help to brace for a soulcharge, or just know if its time to suicide, and save some dura.

I've been using grid for about 2 months, My set up:

Center Text, Name, or HP in deficit. Text all in black, VERY easy to see.
Top Left, Aggro
Top Right Blank
Bottom Left Inc heals (Love this)
Bottom Right Blood Pact (very useful as I may not always be in range of the MT, or he may move away
No Center icon except BloodBoil.

Range check enabled.

I love how easy this is to just look at and know exactly whats going on with your group/raid. I use clique ontop of this for the ocaisional buff/decurse us warlocks must do. Saves time, and makes life easier over all.

#28 Maliva

Maliva

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:28 PM

I got the side indicators up and going last night, really nice to have those extra indicators as a priest since there is so much we have to be aware of. This is how I have it currently configured.

Horizontal Layout (hp goes right to left instead of top-down)

Frame: 25% Opacity if OOR
Center text1: Name (4 letters)
Center text2: HP Deficit
Center Icon: Dispellable Debuff (Magic>Disease on priority)
Top Left: Agro=RED my PW:S=White (lower priority than agro)
Top Center: Current Target=Maroon
Top Right: My Renew=Green
Right Center: POM
Bottom Right: <25% mana=Yellow
Bottom Center: Unstable Afflication
Bottom Left: Incomming Heal=Orange
Left Center: Open

In an instant I can see everyone's HP/Deficit, Dispellable Debuffs (and if they have UA on them), who has my renew on them, where my POM is, who is low on Mana, who has incomming heals on them, who has agro and who my current target is.

WTB Working Pet Addons and GRID layout option for 5-man.

#29 Edghar

Edghar

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 08:03 PM

I have a question for all you Grid users. I was wondering if there was any built-in click casting support or do you need an additional mod such as clique to make this work? We're currently an RDX guild, but seeing as how the author has disappeared from the face of the earth, I'm currently looking into alternatives.

#30 Bridonna

Bridonna

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 08:32 PM

My Grid:

Posted Image

Bottom left: Missing Fort, shows only if in range and OOC.

Bottom right: My renew

Bottom Middle: Shield

Border: My target

When I get PoM, I might add that as well.

#31 Xejin

Xejin

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 08:57 PM

I have a question for all you Grid users. I was wondering if there was any built-in click casting support or do you need an additional mod such as clique to make this work? We're currently an RDX guild, but seeing as how the author has disappeared from the face of the earth, I'm currently looking into alternatives.

You need something like Clique.

#32 GokieKS

GokieKS

Mostly Harmless.

• Members
  • 2,105 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 09:15 PM

Grid is really fantastic for a raid frame. The only thing I wish it had was an option to not appear when in a 5-man raid (arenas), the reverse of what PitBull offers.

#33 Imp

Imp

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 09:19 PM

..., who has my renew on them, where my POM is, ...

Hum? would link to know how that works. a the moment I have to use an extra addon called POMTracker.

Jupp, got to use Clique and it works fine. btw, got an active author^^

Grid is really fantastic for a raid frame. The only thing I wish it had was an option to not appear when in a 5-man raid (arenas), the reverse of what PitBull offers.

Theres an option under Layout-->show Frame -->alway,grouped,raid
set this on Raid, and it will not appear in 5man or solo.

#34 Malan

Malan

Mike Tyson

• Allied Members
  • 29,830 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 09:27 PM

A lot of people frown on having raid frames for dps but I love knowing if people are hurt, dienig dead etc, I dont always see a need to not have them, but for some fights I see no reason why not. It can help to brace for a soulcharge, or just know if its time to suicide, and save some dura.

2 of the best warlocks I ever played with had raid frames up all the time and would death coil mobs off of people, saved our ass numerous times. Not exactly helpful in most raid zones where they're immune to that, but from time to time it did. I can't see why anyone would NOT have a visible display of the raid up, just about everyone has *something* they can do to help out when things get bad.

#35 GokieKS

GokieKS

Mostly Harmless.

• Members
  • 2,105 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 09:31 PM

Theres an option under Layout-->show Frame -->alway,grouped,raid
set this on Raid, and it will not appear in 5man or solo.

I know about that option, and it's not what I'm looking for. When you're in an arena, your group is considered a 2/3/5-man raid, not a 2/3/5-man group, which means Grid, when set on show for Raid, will appear. PitBull has an option called "Show 5-man raid as a Party", which is what I wish Grid had (but opposite).

#36 Maliva

Maliva

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 09:52 PM

Hum? would link to know how that works. a the moment I have to use an extra addon called POMTracker.

Since I just setup the side icons last night I haven't actually seen the POM movement in action, I'll test it tonight and get back to you.

Edghar - the RDX dev dissapeared? dont you have to pay for that mod? Hmm that sucks.

yes you need clique....personally I dont use Clique, although in theory it can make reaction time faster I hate accidentally clicking the wrong person and wasting my GCD (and mana) putting me a second to behind. Instead I use a muilti button programmable mouse and have 21 hotkeys mapped to my mouse so all I have to do is clik the target and click another button on my mouse...a little slower than using clique but not significantly and the chance of throwing a renew/pom/shield/dispell on the wrong person is greatly reduced.

#37 Chicken

Chicken

 

• Moderators
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 11:25 AM

2 of the best warlocks I ever played with had raid frames up all the time and would death coil mobs off of people, saved our ass numerous times. Not exactly helpful in most raid zones where they're immune to that, but from time to time it did. I can't see why anyone would NOT have a visible display of the raid up, just about everyone has *something* they can do to help out when things get bad.

There's also the benefit that Grid at least offers a pretty easy way to check if you're in range of any healers, which can definitely be an invaluable piece of information on a number of encounters.

#38 Gere

Gere

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:24 PM

I know about that option, and it's not what I'm looking for. When you're in an arena, your group is considered a 2/3/5-man raid, not a 2/3/5-man group, which means Grid, when set on show for Raid, will appear. PitBull has an option called "Show 5-man raid as a Party", which is what I wish Grid had (but opposite).

Yeah I have to agree that this is really annoying because I usually position grid to take the same spot as where my party frame would sit. So when I enter arenas, they both end up showing. Grid really needs a "Hide grid in Arena" option which would just watch for the zone change event and hide/unhide itself when you enter/leave any of the arenas.

#39 Guest_Akomos_*

Guest_Akomos_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:52 PM

Gere -- couldn't you set up a separate profile called "arena" or something, and have Grid hidden in it? That way at least you're just changing one setting instead of having to dig through the FuBar menu.

Or make a macro with /grid hide or whatever the console command is?

#40 Gere

Gere

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 07:11 PM

Yup, that's what I do now. Was just agreeing that having the option to hide the frame in arenas would be nice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users