• Please log in to reply
807 replies to this topic

#41 Maliva

Maliva

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 07:35 PM

Hum? would link to know how that works. a the moment I have to use an extra addon called POMTracker.

Sorry I took a couple of days to get back to you, but yes it is working; however, I haven't figured out how to differentiate between my PoM or another priests PoM....that doesn't really matter though since they dont stack, the important thing is to see the buff on them so you dont overwrite it wasting mana.

Just have to create a new buff called "Prayer of Mending" and set the color/priority of the indicator and assign it to a spot on your grid box. When PoM jumps the grid indicator jumps to the individal it moved to.

#42 Imp

Imp

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 11:59 PM

Sorry I took a couple of days to get back to you, but yes it is working; however, I haven't figured out how to differentiate between my PoM or another priests PoM....that doesn't really matter though since they dont stack, the important thing is to see the buff on them so you dont overwrite it wasting mana.

Just have to create a new buff called "Prayer of Mending" and set the color/priority of the indicator and assign it to a spot on your grid box. When PoM jumps the grid indicator jumps to the individal it moved to.

Ok, sounds simple. I will try it and get back to you, if i got questions. At the moment, thanks for your help.

But I think, I will hold to the POM-Track-Addon. This tipp will surely help my tank, because I got one lock less, to figure out, who got the POM-Buff.
On the other side, the little timecounter an the "amount heal" (on last jump) is a nice extra information.

Again thanks a lot.

#43 Camora

Camora

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 01:05 AM

Ok, quick question. As a mage, I dont need to know much, other than who is dead. The only other things i like to know is who has AB/AI. I made a new buff for Arcane Brilliance and made it show around the border in the default "mage blue" color, but there are a few problems with this. 1) I end up clicking over everyone before a boss pull to see if they actually need a buff, or if someone else threw an AI on them. 2) I cant seem to find a way to exclude rogues and warriors!

Does anyone know of either a mod that will add this functionality, or how to configure it to fix these two problems?

#44 dyree

dyree

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 02:00 PM

Get GridStatusMissingBuffs and then turn on Buff Group: Arcane Intellect. I believe you can filter it to not show for rogues and warriors, but I'd have to poke around in the settings to find where.

Edit: Actually, it looks like rogues and warriors may be turned off for AI by default (unless I've already disabled them for my mage). In case yours are showing, you can turn them off at Grid > Status > Missing Buffs > Buff Group: Arcane Intellect > Class Filter.

#45 Everwaken^

Everwaken^

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 03:17 PM

Pretty much what mine looks like:
Posted Image
Addons:
Grid
GridStatusHealer
GridManaBars

Border: Aggro
Bar: Health Bar
Top Center Text: Name
Bottom Center Text: Missing HP, Dead, Offline, Feign Death/etc...
Center Icon: Poison/Magic/Disease debuff
Top Left: Aggro(even though I don't really need it :P)
Top Right: My Target
Bottom Left: Incoming Heal
Bottom Right: Healing Priority
Bottom: Mana Bar(hidden if it's a rogue/warrior)

#46 Guest_Ailetha_*

Guest_Ailetha_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2007 - 05:36 PM

Does anyone, by chance, know how to use the GridAlert triggers? I know some of the things Grid can do, LIKE, I have boxes on the sides and corners in different colors for my different HoTs, but I can't make it put text anywhere on any Grid boxes or markers (other than the partial player's name). I also have it set up to show me missing Buffs and mana bars.

On Grid Alert (I think), there is a menu for triggers, but when you select any of the options under triggers, it provides you with an empty field and I have no idea what to type in there. I don't even really know what it does; I think that's the text thing (LB count, for example) but I'm not positive.

There are some other parts of the menu that I am just boggled as to what they do exactly, heh. Is there like a Grid Instruction Manual of some kind floating around that I just wasn't able to find in these forums?

#47 Jerry

Jerry

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:34 AM

Does anyone, by chance, know how to use the GridAlert triggers?

GridAlert (which I wrote) allows you to be notified of certain change in grid status. The idea is that you create an alert, by giving it a name. You can then select different notifications that will be played when the alert is triggered (a sound can be played, a message can appear in SCT, or both). Finally you need to determine when you want your new alert to be triggered. This is the tricky part of the configuration.

For each status registered with Grid, you can select any of the following events that might trigger the event :

• When you gain the status.
  • When someone gains the status.
  • When you lose the status.
  • When anyone loses the status.

For instance, imagine that you want an alert when someone gains the Debuff "Unstable Afflication". This is what you should do :

First, create a new Aura status for the Debuff "Unstable Afflication", if you haven't one yet. Then create a new alert (named "AlertAffliction", for instance), and select to play a "ding" sound for it. Finally, set the alert to trigger when any unit gains the status "Debuff: Unstable Afflication", by entering the name of the alert in the corresponding field ("AlertAfflication", in this example).

I hope this is a little more clear now.

#48 cigar3tte

cigar3tte

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 02:44 PM

Pretty much what mine looks like:
Posted Image
Addons:
Grid
GridStatusHealer
GridManaBars

Border: Aggro
Bar: Health Bar
Bottom Center Text: Missing HP, Dead, Offline, Feign Death/etc...
Center Icon: Poison/Magic/Disease debuff
Top Left: Aggro(even though I don't really need it :P)
Top Right: My Target
Bottom Left: Incoming Heal
Bottom Right: Healing Priority
Bottom: Mana Bar(hidden if it's a rogue/warrior)

wow, i didn't even know you could keep the names in while they have health deficit.

#49 Issues

Issues

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 03:42 PM

Theres an option to enable centre text 2, which is the 2nd line shown on his grid setup. You can also invert bar colors to make it even more obvious who's missing hp at a quick glance.

#50 Caldar

Caldar

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 05:10 PM

My current grid layout on my priest.

Posted Image

Using Grid, Grid Mana Bars and Grid My Hots.

#51 Vectivus

Vectivus

foreign contaminant

• Members
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 05:24 PM

As someone who only recently made the transition to a well-built custom UI with all the necessary raiding addons, I haven't really had the opportunity to configure much of anything within Grid except for its on-screen position and individual frame size.

I'm wondering if anyone could suggest some useful attributes to assign to my corner boxes (as a raid leader and main tank). I was thinking of doing something to this effect:

Top left - Aggro (red)
Top right - Incoming Heal (green)
Bottom left - Debuffed (color as appropriate)
Bottom right - ?

I'm planning on trying out the GridManaBars add-in, so that should solve the problem of needing to see mana deficiency. I also plan on stealing the idea of having both name and health deficiency displayed on every frame (provided it fits properly >.<).

Thoughts?

(Edit - you can see the position of my Grid frames in this old screenshot: http://www.virtuousg...ages/vecui1.jpg)

Frankly I don't know how you non-Nordic people can breed in good conscience.

#52 Issues

Issues

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:49 PM

As someone who only recently made the transition to a well-built custom UI with all the necessary raiding addons, I haven't really had the opportunity to configure much of anything within Grid except for its on-screen position and individual frame size.

I'm wondering if anyone could suggest some useful attributes to assign to my corner boxes (as a raid leader and main tank). I was thinking of doing something to this effect:

Top left - Aggro (red)
Top right - Incoming Heal (green)
Bottom left - Debuffed (color as appropriate)
Bottom right - ?

I'm planning on trying out the GridManaBars add-in, so that should solve the problem of needing to see mana deficiency. I also plan on stealing the idea of having both name and health deficiency displayed on every frame (provided it fits properly >.<).

Thoughts?

(Edit - you can see the position of my Grid frames in this old screenshot: http://www.virtuousg...ages/vecui1.jpg)

I really think you're trying to do too much with your grid for your needs.

The incoming heal button only takes into account people using grid or sraidframes, which probably wont be every single healer in your raid, so as a non healer unless you're enforcing grid/sraid as a required mod, that indicator wont be much use.

Things that you'll actively use as a raidleader would be any encounter specific debuffs - things like insidious whisper on leo, static charge on vashj, even melted armor for al'ar would be handy to use as a maintank. You'll have to add these debuffs in manually, but you can go as simple as the rend on moroes, or amplify damage on prince, which depending on the intelligence of your raidgroup can be a very useful thing.

Colour coded debuffs on a corner icon sounds good in theory, but you really shouldnt be reminding people who can cure to cure.

I'd definitely reccomend you getting the manabar addon and missingbuffs (think it's called GridStatusMissingBuffs), and setting a centre icon to show when you're out of combat. I personally found that I missed out on seeing xraidstatus missing buffs because it was an addon that i'd scaled down and tucked out of the way, and no matter what peramaters I set for my multiple mana status bars, there was just never specific enough information when you really need it.

#53 Chicken

Chicken

 

• Moderators
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 11:29 AM

Personally I have the following basic setup for Grid...

Bottom Center Text: Health deficit, as well as dead/offline/etc
Center Icon: Curable Debuffs (Unstable Affliction configured as a highest priority to display here so I know not to dispel when it's up)
Top Left Corner: Aggro
Top Right Corner: Color coded debuffs (Just for generic information whether it's a poison or whatnot so I know who else can potentially remove it; curses I've set as highest priority for this because I can't remove those myself and it's still interesting to know about them being up)
Bottom Left Corner: Incoming healing indicator. Works well for us since most of the healers use Grid. I've also enabled the option which disables it showing for your own heals.
Bottom Right Corner: Encounter-specific non-curable debuffs. This also includes a few debuffs used by trash mobs, but it's mostly for boss encounters. Examples of debuffs included in this would be Static Charge, Water Tomb, Leo's Whirlwind debuff, etc.

This way it displays pretty much all information you could possibly need from your raid frames.

#54 Django

Django

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 11:53 AM

I have a question about the Encounter-Specific-Debuffs.

Yesterday I tried setting up "Icebolt" for the Rage Winterchill fight to show as center icon but it didn't work. Thought this could help the healers a little bit. Well, he went down nevertheless but we are still experiencing the odd Icebolt-Casualilty.

Is it not possible to show those One-Boss-Only debuffs as a center icon? Has Grid all Icons in its own data-files or does it load them dynamically from the WoW-archives? Or did I just make some mistake in setting this debuff up?

I didn't try it with other bosses but will do it in the next ID's.
If you change just 4 letters in the word 'love' you get 'beer'.
Fascinating, isn't it?

#55 Caba

Caba

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 12:21 PM

I've recently made the change to Grid and one of the primary functionalities I'm missing from CTRA is the ability to see when someone is AFK. Yes, I realize raid status mods will tell me the number of people AFK, however, it would be far more beneficial to me to see *who* is AFK.

It's such a simple thing that I feel like I really must be overlooking the obvious but for the life of me I can't find a way to do it.

#56 dukes

dukes

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 12:40 PM

I have a question about the Encounter-Specific-Debuffs.

Yesterday I tried setting up "Icebolt" for the Rage Winterchill fight to show as center icon but it didn't work. Thought this could help the healers a little bit. Well, he went down nevertheless but we are still experiencing the odd Icebolt-Casualilty.

Is it not possible to show those One-Boss-Only debuffs as a center icon? Has Grid all Icons in its own data-files or does it load them dynamically from the WoW-archives? Or did I just make some mistake in setting this debuff up?

I didn't try it with other bosses but will do it in the next ID's.

You need to make sure that the ability is spelt correctly (and capitalised correctly, in this case 'Icebolt' is correct) as well as having it turned on in the right frame option (center icon). Then make sure that it's set up as a debuff, not as a buff, and is set to a relatively high priority (for something like that setting it to 99 is probably the best thing to do). It should just take the debuff icon from the debuff affecting them, rather than taking it from a file. I know people in the guild that have both Water Tomb and Watery Grave set up for Hydross and SSC, as well as Deadly Poison for Council, so it definitely works on "non-standard" debuffs/buffs.

#57 Gorbag

Gorbag

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:39 PM

Here is the list of custom debuffs for grid that I use beyond the standard ones provided in the Grid package. My guild is only on Kael'thas (3 of the phase 3 bosses down as of Monday night, stupid Mannoroth hardware upgrades), so it won't be as comprehensive as I'm sure some people's lists will be (the mention of "Deadly Poison" on the Illidari Council above). They are shaman skewed, since I can break sleeps/fears with tremors, but some of the additional ones may be useful as well.

To add a debuff to grid for watching, click on "Status -> Auras -> Add New Debuff". The debuffs are case sensitive, so you must remember to capitalize them properly. Then just place a check next to the debuff in the Center Icon listing to have it displayed. This can be done in combat as well, as long as it is spelled properly.

Anesthetic - Sleep from engineers in Mech (Tremor Totem removes it)
Bellowing Roar - Fear from mobs like Nef, Nightbane, and Sanguinar
Charmed - Demons in karazhan
Domination - Annoying mind control debuff in TK - good for druids to cyclone those crazy fury warriors who like to shred clothies during mind control
Entangle - many things but specifically the phase 1 & 3 AOE root that Lady Vashj does
Fear - self-explanatory
Howl of Terror - warlock fear (for pvp)
Insidious Whisper - Debuff received during Leotheras that spawns adds
Intimidating Roar - Fear from HKM
Intimidating Shout - Standard warrior fear
Melt Armor - Al'ar's debuff on the MTs
Mind Control - Self-explanatory
Remote Toy - Debuff from Engineer Kael'thas Advisor
Panic - Fear debuff from Striders on Vashj
Psychic Scream - standard priest fear
Saw Blade - Annoying debuff from demons in Void Reaver's room and from the Mech sub-bosses.
Sleep - self-explanatory
Static Charge - Debuff from Lady Vashj in phase 1 and 3
Vile Sludge - Nature Phase debuff during Hydross nature phase
Water Tomb - Ice Phase debuff during Hydross water phase
Watery Grave - Name of the teleport debuff given during the Morogrim fight
Whirlwind - Debuff people receive during Leotheras that ticks for 2k a tick or so if some idiot gets whirlwinded

#58 Zenedra

Zenedra

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:43 PM

...as well as Deadly Poison for Council, so it definitely works on "non-standard" debuffs/buffs.

While we're at the Council. Do you know what the debuff is called from that holy fire that is being thrown around? Didn't seem to be able to figure that one out for Grid.

Edit: nvm I found it :)

#59 Nuke

Nuke

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:47 PM

While we're at the Council. Do you know what the debuff is called from that holy fire that is being thrown around? Didn't seem to be able to figure that one out for Grid.

Divine Wrath

#60 Guest_aleyro_*

Guest_aleyro_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2007 - 02:57 PM

I've recently made the change to Grid and one of the primary functionalities I'm missing from CTRA is the ability to see when someone is AFK. Yes, I realize raid status mods will tell me the number of people AFK, however, it would be far more beneficial to me to see *who* is AFK.

It's such a simple thing that I feel like I really must be overlooking the obvious but for the life of me I can't find a way to do it.

/bump?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users